DJI Care Refresh - bought device in Canada but live in US
1197 9 2023-5-8
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Sceptre
lvl.1

Canada

Hi all!

I've just received my mini today and am excited to learn more about the device, as well as the hobby. I'm trying to purchase the Care Refresh plan and I'm wondering if there's anyone who has knowledge about this particular situation.

I live in the U.S but am visiting Canada for 5 months. I just purchased the drone via Amazon in Canada, and it was delivered today. I've seen conflicting info online about this, but apparently if I were to purchase the plan, the return process would have to be handled where the item was purchased, i.e Canada.

But does DJI consider the NA region to be where I technically could initiate the process? Obviously if I couldn't activate the service, I'll have to return the product and find some alternatives.

I appreciate your help!

2023-5-8
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Hello there, thank you for reaching out, I just sent you a PM regarding the related information, please check it out.
2023-5-8
Use props
The Saint
First Officer
Flight distance : 5902228 ft
  • >>>
United States

certainly you get help from dji but for others who might be reading this thread, ideally you want to get care refresh from the place where you bought the drone from.  but it sounds like you bought it from amazon.ca from a merchant that is based in canada and it was shipped and activated to a canada address?  that's interesting because let's say you come home to [Los Angeles] and you crash on the beach, you're asking how to file for care refresh, right?  please let us know.
2023-5-8
Use props
Sceptre
lvl.1

Canada

The Saint Posted at 5-8 17:50
certainly you get help from dji but for others who might be reading this thread, ideally you want to get care refresh from the place where you bought the drone from.  but it sounds like you bought it from amazon.ca from a merchant that is based in canada and it was shipped and activated to a canada address?  that's interesting because let's say you come home to [Los Angeles] and you crash on the beach, you're asking how to file for care refresh, right?  please let us know.

That's correct. I bought the drone from amazon.ca, had it shipped to my visiting address here in Canada. I haven't yet activated the device because I'm trying to figure out if for whatever reason I had issues and went through the Care Refresh process when I'm back home, would I have issues since I _don't_ live in the country I purchased it from. I'm also curious if Canada/US are just lumped together in a region in DJI's eyes.
2023-5-8
Use props
The Saint
First Officer
Flight distance : 5902228 ft
  • >>>
United States

Sceptre Posted at 5-8 18:46
That's correct. I bought the drone from amazon.ca, had it shipped to my visiting address here in Canada. I haven't yet activated the device because I'm trying to figure out if for whatever reason I had issues and went through the Care Refresh process when I'm back home, would I have issues since I _don't_ live in the country I purchased it from. I'm also curious if Canada/US are just lumped together in a region in DJI's eyes.

ok sounds good; let us know what you find out pls.  when i read one of my current plans (purchased in usa), all i see is:

2. To ensure that you can enjoy the services normally, DJI Care Refresh (2-Year Plan) and the corresponding product must be purchased from the same country or region.
2023-5-8
Use props
Sceptre
lvl.1

Canada

The Saint Posted at 5-8 18:51
ok sounds good; let us know what you find out pls.  when i read one of my current plans (purchased in usa), all i see is:

2. To ensure that you can enjoy the services normally, DJI Care Refresh (2-Year Plan) and the corresponding product must be purchased from the same country or region.

Will definitely let you know! The "region" part is what made me a bit confused
2023-5-8
Use props
Sceptre
lvl.1

United States

The Saint Posted at 5-8 18:51
ok sounds good; let us know what you find out pls.  when i read one of my current plans (purchased in usa), all i see is:

For all those wondering, here is DJI's response:

"...if your drone is purchased from Canada, you can also purchase the US version's care. As they are considering the NA region, please rest assured."

So for all those concerned, if you purchase in the US or Canada, it's considered the same region! I've also learned for any Americans/Canadians reading this, the return center is US-based.

Wish there was a bit more clarity on this since the language is somewhat vague.
2023-5-8
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 15997 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

That's interesting and raises the question, is Mexico considered to be in North America?
2023-5-9
Use props
Sceptre
lvl.1

Canada

Sean-bumble-bee Posted at 5-9 06:19
That"s interesting and raises the question, is Mexico considered to be in North America?

Really good question Sean... Had to research it myself lol

Based on the policy here - https://www.dji.com/ca/support/service/djicare-refresh/faq under "Where is DJI Care Refresh available" it says:

"At the moment, DJI Care Refresh is only available to customers in the U.S., Canada, EU countries, the UK, Switzerland, Norway, Australia, Hong Kong, Taiwan, Japan, South Korea and Mainland China."

So it seems that Mexico isn't apart of North America in DJI's POV?? Sorry to our southern neighbors :/

2023-5-9
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 15997 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Sceptre Posted at 5-9 10:32
Really good question Sean... Had to research it myself lol

Based on the policy here - https://www.dji.com/ca/support/service/djicare-refresh/faq under "Where is DJI Care Refresh available" it says:

Nice, or maybe not, find.
2023-5-9
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules