1344 9 2023-5-9
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Yeoer63
lvl.1
Flight distance : 586526 ft
United Kingdom

Hi,

I'm after a bit of advice, I am looking at purchasing a Mavic 3T for mainly roof inspection work however i do also currently do some photography with my old P3 which has now developed a gimbal fault.

How does the photo quality compare between the older generation P3 series?

Ideally i would appreciate a few example images (full size would be best) so i am able to see for myself.  

Many trhanks in advance.
2023-5-9
Use props
Yeoer63
lvl.1
United Kingdom

So I'm going to answer my own question... lol   

I now have a Mavic 3T + Mavic 3 Pro and shot them side by side, one RAW (DNG) M3 Pro and the other JPG M3T, I've seen so much made of the fact the 3T only shoots JPG well here you go...  and for good measure i shot one with a Canon R5 @ 24mm as well, shot CRAW.   Edited lightroom and resized to 3000px

2023-5-24
Use props
Burt37
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4009 ft
Australia

Sooo, what's the verdict??
2023-5-24
Use props
Yeoer63
lvl.1
United Kingdom

TBH the Mavic 3T wide camera is actually a lot better than i thought, yes its over sharpened but in reality no ones going to really notice especially if your selling prints!  The JPG's hold a reasonable amount of dynamic range as well so you can push it in post if needs be.

Is it as good as the other two?  well no but is it still a pretty good camera for the odd photo hell yes!   

I've seen a few posts where people are really bashing it, posting screen shots of how bad the camera is, i think they are either Zooming in to x56 and wondering why the image is poor or taking pictures while recording video which seems to take a frame grab of the video so the resolution is lower or just no idea what they are doing or looking at.

People are obsessed with pixel peeping these days! i say print something and you might just surprise yourself.  

I'm happy with it.
2023-5-24
Use props
SnowSkier Pilot
lvl.4
  • >>>
Portugal

Hello. The question of photography is nowadays increasingly used in social networks and the search for perfection is increasing. For me, as a professional photographer, it is extremely important that the photos and videos I take are of excellent quality and from what I have seen recently in posts on this forum, the M3P photos when zoomed in are not very good. I have cameras with micro four thirds processors that take excellent pictures that when we zoom in are spectacular. Now, buying a drone for €4000 and the detailed images not being good is a failed investment, don't you think?
This is not an obsession, this is an investment where your money is well spent! Unless you can spend money for nothing without any problem. I can't! My money is counted and I can't spend it for nothing, so I have to make sure that the photos and videos of an investment that I'm going to make are good. I had a Mavic 2 Pro for 4 years and never had problems with photography and video. If after so much time DJI launches a new product with more capacity and more technology, you have to be sure that the product is good.
2023-5-25
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

SnowSkier Pilot Posted at 5-25 02:35
Hello. The question of photography is nowadays increasingly used in social networks and the search for perfection is increasing. For me, as a professional photographer, it is extremely important that the photos and videos I take are of excellent quality and from what I have seen recently in posts on this forum, the M3P photos when zoomed in are not very good. I have cameras with micro four thirds processors that take excellent pictures that when we zoom in are spectacular. Now, buying a drone for €4000 and the detailed images not being good is a failed investment, don't you think?
This is not an obsession, this is an investment where your money is well spent! Unless you can spend money for nothing without any problem. I can't! My money is counted and I can't spend it for nothing, so I have to make sure that the photos and videos of an investment that I'm going to make are good. I had a Mavic 2 Pro for 4 years and never had problems with photography and video. If after so much time DJI launches a new product with more capacity and more technology, you have to be sure that the product is good.

I have cameras with micro four thirds processors that take excellent pictures that when we zoom in are spectacular.
Do you understand that only the wideangle camera has a 4/3 sensor?
The other two cameras have smaller sensors and can't be compared with 4/3 cameras.

Now, buying a drone for €4000 and the detailed images not being good is a failed investment, don't you think?
I think you need to shop around.
The DJI store shows that the price of the Mavic 3 pro in Portugal is 2139 €
2023-5-25
Use props
SnowSkier Pilot
lvl.4
  • >>>
Portugal

Labroides Posted at 5-25 03:39
I have cameras with micro four thirds processors that take excellent pictures that when we zoom in are spectacular.
Do you understand that only the wideangle camera has a 4/3 sensor?
The other two cameras have smaller sensors and can't be compared with 4/3 cameras.

I know about the Hasselblad Camera. I'm using MFT for a few years now with Panasonic and also Olympus OM-1 for the last months and I had the Mavic 2 Pro also with an Hasselblad camera(1 inch) that I sold, because I want to buy the 3Pro. So, the quality of imaging in this matter is not new to me.

The price of 4000€ in Portugal is the Mavic 3 Pro Fly More Combo (DJI RC Pro). Exactly and including Care Refresh for two years and a micro SD card, 3993€, ok?
PS- I will use the other 2 cameras, but the main camera is what I'm interested in. Now you'll say, move to the Classic! But I still want the other two. Got It?
2023-5-25
Use props
Yeoer63
lvl.1
United Kingdom

So of the three pictures in the first post which is which?

Canon R5 24-70f2.8 (full frame sensor)
DJI Mavic 3 Pro 24mm equiv on a Micro 4/3
DJI Mavic 3T baby sensor

If you are only using it from social media then what are you doing zooming to 100%... Most socials are so low Res you can get away with anything!

I also have a GH5 which takes great video but if you want amazing stills R5 with something like my 85mm f1.2 is the best.

Answers on a part card.

2023-5-25
Use props
OttoDeBure
New

Ukraine

Well, my friend, that's a very good question. I remember when I first bought my Mavic, I asked myself the same question, because the camera seemed to have a good quality, but I still had to make extra movements. So, for example, I had to do photo correction many times afterwards, which improved the image and removed all the imperfections. So, I can tell you that you should start by looking for a quality photo editing service or app right away. Frankly speaking, you'll save yourself a lot of time later.
1-17 08:54
Use props
Carolee
New

Ukraine

It is relevant to me now
3-18 04:28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules