altimeter
2159 8 2023-5-9
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
AJBC
lvl.1
Portugal

Does anyone know what type of altimeter the Mini 3 Pro has? GPS or barometric? The manual doesn't say what it is.
2023-5-9
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 15997 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Barometer, otherwise there wouldn't be height restrictions when GPS is weak. Page 61 of the manual.

https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/ ... _User_Manual_EN.pdf
2023-5-9
Use props
JJB*
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 12260774 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Hi,

Barometric sensor.
Baro height is zero`d at take-off, this reference height is used for the whole flight and reset back to zero at land-on (drone on the ground)

For low height the bottom IR sensor measures the actual height drone>surface below.
2023-5-9
Use props
frankymusik
First Officer
Flight distance : 27841053 ft
  • >>>
Germany

JJB* Posted at 5-9 09:31
Hi,

Barometric sensor.

Once again: absolutely perfect explanation...  
2023-5-9
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, AJBC. Thank you for reaching out. Mini 3 Pro uses a barometer and it also has a downward infrared sensing system, which is also used for flight altitude measuring.
2023-5-10
Use props
AJBC
lvl.1
Portugal

Thanks, but I didn't see that explicit in the manual. I need to register in my country and they want to know the altimeter of my Mini 3 Pro.
2023-5-11
Use props
AJBC
lvl.1
Portugal

Does the mini 3 Pro have a geofencing system?
2023-5-11
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 15997 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Alternatively switch everything on, put the drone in a box in a plastic bag box and suck the air out of the bag or blow air into the bag and watch the indicated height change. For memory ''been there done that'' but don't remember what height changes I achieved.
2023-5-11
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

AJBC Posted at 5-11 01:02
Thanks, but I didn't see that explicit in the manual. I need to register in my country and they want to know the altimeter of my Mini 3 Pro.

Hi, AJBC. The altitude used by consumer products is measured by the barometer which is easily affected by many factors such as weather and may have a deviation, so there is no documentation about it and the height is only for reference. Just to add, yes, Mini 3 Pro has a geofencing system. Please refer to this link: (https://fly-safe.dji.com/nfz/nfz-qa).
2023-5-12
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules