Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

Montfrooij Posted at 8-22 23:37
You never know how that goes

Exactly and it never hurts to monetize your hobby.  
2023-8-23
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

DowntownRDB Posted at 8-23 02:48
Exactly and it never hurts to monetize your hobby.

That is for sure (
2023-8-23
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

DowntownRDB Posted at 8-23 02:43
Which is always a good thing.

That usually is the case
2023-8-23
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

Great meeting with the County Manager and County Attorney.  Both agreed the loophole I found needs to be fixed before they sign the next contract.  Timing was great as it is up for renewal in the middle of September.  Unless they get overridden by vote of the County Commissioners this will not only ave the taxpayers a few dollars per month but also force the contractor to at least accept pizza boxes on recycling day.  Once they get back to the company's facility then it will be up to them to recycle them or get them to the dump.  If they take them to the dump they will have to pay a bulk weight disposal fee.  I'm figuring they will be better off recycling the pizza boxes vice have to pay to get rid of them.
2023-8-23
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

Montfrooij Posted at 8-23 03:04
That usually is the case

As I was returning to my property from the meeting with the County folks I was about half way down my private road from the highway and spotted a large buck inside my fence line.  I've seen several does but this is the first buck I've seen.  Kind of was a bit of a surprise, especially as big as he was.  
2023-8-23
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

DowntownRDB Posted at 8-23 11:01
Great meeting with the County Manager and County Attorney.  Both agreed the loophole I found needs to be fixed before they sign the next contract.  Timing was great as it is up for renewal in the middle of September.  Unless they get overridden by vote of the County Commissioners this will not only ave the taxpayers a few dollars per month but also force the contractor to at least accept pizza boxes on recycling day.  Once they get back to the company's facility then it will be up to them to recycle them or get them to the dump.  If they take them to the dump they will have to pay a bulk weight disposal fee.  I'm figuring they will be better off recycling the pizza boxes vice have to pay to get rid of them.

That is very nice indeed!
2023-8-25
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

DowntownRDB Posted at 8-23 11:09
As I was returning to my property from the meeting with the County folks I was about half way down my private road from the highway and spotted a large buck inside my fence line.  I've seen several does but this is the first buck I've seen.  Kind of was a bit of a surprise, especially as big as he was.

Oh wow. How do you think he got in?
2023-8-25
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

Montfrooij Posted at 5-9 10:59
More will follow tomorrow.
[view_image]

All great shots Peter.    Sounds like you couldn't have had better luck with your timing to fly.  
2023-8-25
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

Montfrooij Posted at 8-25 02:08
Oh wow. How do you think he got in?

Pretty sure he just jumped in.  The fence is only 5 feet tall and large deer can easily clear a 6 foot fence with a good leap.
2023-8-25
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

DowntownRDB Posted at 8-25 05:57
All great shots Peter.    Sounds like you couldn't have had better luck with your timing to fly.

Thanks. ;)
2023-8-25
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

DowntownRDB Posted at 8-25 06:02
Pretty sure he just jumped in.  The fence is only 5 feet tall and large deer can easily clear a 6 foot fence with a good leap.

Check.
That must be the case.
2023-8-25
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

You're very welcome.
2023-8-26
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

Montfrooij Posted at 8-25 07:44
Check.
That must be the case.

I can confirm that is how he got in as yesterday on my return from the pistol range I saw him jump back over the fence to leave my property.  He made it look easy.  
2023-8-26
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

DowntownRDB Posted at 8-26 03:01
I can confirm that is how he got in as yesterday on my return from the pistol range I saw him jump back over the fence to leave my property.  He made it look easy.

Making the most of your bushes?
2023-8-26
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

Montfrooij Posted at 8-26 03:12
Making the most of your bushes?

I have a deer feeder that I put in for the does that are staying in that area.  Never seen a buck until this time but I guess he invited himself in to enjoy the deer food also or maybe he was partaking of mating season as that runs from July through February here.
2023-8-26
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

DowntownRDB Posted at 8-26 04:57
I have a deer feeder that I put in for the does that are staying in that area.  Never seen a buck until this time but I guess he invited himself in to enjoy the deer food also or maybe he was partaking of mating season as that runs from July through February here.

Did you hear him bark?
2023-8-26
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

Montfrooij Posted at 8-26 12:30
Did you hear him bark?

Didn't hear a bark but it was 37C outside so I had the windows up and the A/C on full blast.  
2023-8-27
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

DowntownRDB Posted at 8-27 12:02
Didn't hear a bark but it was 37C outside so I had the windows up and the A/C on full blast.

I heard that once.
2023-8-27
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

DowntownRDB Posted at 8-27 12:02
Didn't hear a bark but it was 37C outside so I had the windows up and the A/C on full blast.

Here is a recording, somewhere around 0:35
2023-8-27
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

Must be a mating season thing.  
2023-8-28
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

Montfrooij Posted at 8-27 22:56
Here is a recording, somewhere around 0:35
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RmMdi3OV6wk

Dang, does sound like he is barking.  Thanks for the YT video.
2023-8-28
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

DowntownRDB Posted at 8-28 03:23
Dang, does sound like he is barking.  Thanks for the YT video.

Was it the same kind of deer?
2023-8-28
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

DowntownRDB Posted at 8-28 03:22
Must be a mating season thing.

I think so yes.
2023-8-28
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

Montfrooij Posted at 8-28 04:44
Was it the same kind of deer?

From what I remember it was very similar but I only got a really quick look before he bolted for the fence.
2023-8-28
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

DowntownRDB Posted at 8-28 10:15
From what I remember it was very similar but I only got a really quick look before he bolted for the fence.

Would be nice to capture it barking.
2023-8-28
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

Montfrooij Posted at 8-28 11:03
Would be nice to capture it barking.

I'm going to put up a couple of trail cams in that area.  It may not be until after the TS or Hurricane blows through or around us.  Still no lock on an exact track yet.
2023-8-28
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

DowntownRDB Posted at 8-28 11:31
I'm going to put up a couple of trail cams in that area.  It may not be until after the TS or Hurricane blows through or around us.  Still no lock on an exact track yet.

Funny, I had a dream about a Hurricane last night.
2023-8-28
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

Montfrooij Posted at 8-28 22:04
Funny, I had a dream about a Hurricane last night.

I wish I could dream this one away.  It continue to grow in strength and the super warm water in the Gulf of Mexico will only help it intensify.  I have about 8-10 more hours to make a go or no go decision.  This hurricane seems to be wobbling a bit in its path so really hard to make an accurate landfall prediction.  I may just get underway to play it safe.  The problem is if I get underway and all of a sudden te hurricane decides to take a bend eastward it could just follow me out into the Atlantic Ocean.  
2023-8-29
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

DowntownRDB Posted at 8-29 02:38
I wish I could dream this one away.  It continue to grow in strength and the super warm water in the Gulf of Mexico will only help it intensify.  I have about 8-10 more hours to make a go or no go decision.  This hurricane seems to be wobbling a bit in its path so really hard to make an accurate landfall prediction.  I may just get underway to play it safe.  The problem is if I get underway and all of a sudden te hurricane decides to take a bend eastward it could just follow me out into the Atlantic Ocean.

Yeah, that is a difficult one.
You only know after the fact if you did the right thing.
Good luck with the decision....
2023-8-29
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

Montfrooij Posted at 8-29 04:04
Yeah, that is a difficult one.
You only know after the fact if you did the right thing.
Good luck with the decision....

Well, I made the decision to hunker down and stay in place.  Winds are extremely gusty, heavy rain and a lot of storm surge.  Good news is I've been at sea in worse weather so I should have no problem riding this out at my pier.  I made sure the mooring lines have slack in them to allow for the water surge and tide changes.  Of course, I'll continue to keep an eye on them and tweak if necessary.
2023-8-29
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

DowntownRDB Posted at 8-29 15:13
Well, I made the decision to hunker down and stay in place.  Winds are extremely gusty, heavy rain and a lot of storm surge.  Good news is I've been at sea in worse weather so I should have no problem riding this out at my pier.  I made sure the mooring lines have slack in them to allow for the water surge and tide changes.  Of course, I'll continue to keep an eye on them and tweak if necessary.

Fingers crossed
Hopefully it won't be too bad.
2023-8-29
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

Montfrooij Posted at 8-29 23:23
Fingers crossed  
Hopefully it won't be too bad.

Definitely not as bad in my area as was original thought it would be.  So far the worst part is the storm surge.  Flooded several streets in the closest town and they say lots of tree limbs, branches and leaves are scattered about.  The waters around my boat are back to being calm so I'm glad it turned out so well for my situation.  Others up in northern Florida where it made landfall are not as lucky.
2023-8-30
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

DowntownRDB Posted at 8-30 10:48
Definitely not as bad in my area as was original thought it would be.  So far the worst part is the storm surge.  Flooded several streets in the closest town and they say lots of tree limbs, branches and leaves are scattered about.  The waters around my boat are back to being calm so I'm glad it turned out so well for my situation.  Others up in northern Florida where it made landfall are not as lucky.

Sounds like you escaped then.
2023-8-30
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

Montfrooij Posted at 8-30 21:46
Sounds like you escaped then.

Most fortunate for me but not for many in Northern Florida.  
2023-8-31
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

DowntownRDB Posted at 8-31 03:11
Most fortunate for me but not for many in Northern Florida.

Yeah, I hope no big problems there.
2023-8-31
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

Montfrooij Posted at 8-31 04:11
Yeah, I hope no big problems there.

As with all catastrophes there will be injuries and unfortunately deaths.  So far 2 deaths reported in Florida and 1 in Georgia.  Across the Southeast, 100,000 are still without power, roads are littered with storm debris and fears over the possibility of severe flooding remain.  

The good news is recovery is in motion.  More than 420,000 customers have had their power restored since the storm hit. Portable cell phone towers have been brought in and truck after truckload of drinking water has come in to the effected areas.  
2023-8-31
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

DowntownRDB Posted at 8-31 09:54
As with all catastrophes there will be injuries and unfortunately deaths.  So far 2 deaths reported in Florida and 1 in Georgia.  Across the Southeast, 100,000 are still without power, roads are littered with storm debris and fears over the possibility of severe flooding remain.  

The good news is recovery is in motion.  More than 420,000 customers have had their power restored since the storm hit. Portable cell phone towers have been brought in and truck after truckload of drinking water has come in to the effected areas.

And then to think we will experience more of this in the future with the warming of the oceans.
2023-8-31
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

Montfrooij Posted at 8-31 11:38
And then to think we will experience more of this in the future with the warming of the oceans.

From what I've read that is exactly what the scientists have warned.
2023-9-1
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

DowntownRDB Posted at 9-1 04:29
From what I've read that is exactly what the scientists have warned.

Yeah, we are even seeing more heavy weather here.
2023-9-1
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules