Mini3Pro+Goggles 2 freeze from Motion Control 2 shutter button
547 1 2023-5-9
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
layabout
lvl.2
Flight distance : 150633 ft
United States

My Goggles 2 screen view freezes when I take a picture with the shutter/record button on the Motion Control 2 (MC2) while flying the Mini 3 Pro (M3P). It freezes on the view it was on right when I took the picture.  I cannot release the freeze until I power everything down and restart. When this freeze happens, the MC2 still has control of the Drone. This has happened 4 times, and fortunately, it was only happening during testing with my brand new MC2, so this scarry scenario occured when the drone was nearby. Ive had take the goggles 2 off my head and guide the drone down to land by direct eyesight. Obviously, this makes my whole new setup of the MC2 with the Goggles 2 and M3P, a useless drone system. There was no Goggles 2 problem when I was using it with the Avata and original Motion Controller that Ive been using for months. Now, Heres some more info for diagnostics on where the pictures & video end up being stored to. Btw, I have the Goggles 2 settings as “both” for storing the pics and videos on both the Goggles 2 and on the drone. Ive noticed that the pictures [as opposed to video] do go to the drone sd card, but not to the Goggles 2 album or its SD card. The video [as opposed to picture] did however, end up in both the Goggles 2 album and the sd card, as well as on the drone sd card. Ive tried to solve by resetting camera parameters, and making sure all updates are current for all devices via both when Goggles 2 is connected to its iPhone, and well as with each device being plugged into the DJI Assistant 2 consumer drone series. Ive tried to reupdate if needed today, and did find something interesting there: when i selected “refresh” for the Goggles 2, the app can download but not finish installing [re-installing, technically?]. The “refresh” worked fine for the Motion Control 2. Wherever the pics end up, the freeze is the deal-breaker problem here.
Testing for freeze with the Avata, theres no freeze on several tries [in a single flight], and again the Goggles 2 album shows the video test but not any pictures, its sd card shows the same, and for the sd card onboard the Avata, it has both the video and pictures.
Anyone else have this problem? The brand new MC2 is garbage without a fix for this.
Anyone know how to solve it?  

2023-5-9
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, layabout. Thank you for reaching out and for providing us with complete information. We will be forwarding this to our relevant team for further checking. We'll let you know once we receive an update. Thank you for your kind understanding.
2023-5-10
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules