new RC Pro controller does not start - DEAD
1472 14 2023-5-9
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fansbf73deb1
lvl.1

Poland

Dear DJI Support, DJ Pilots,yesterday I received Mavic 3 Pro fly more combo - the first thing I did was to charge the battery and the controller. Imagine my surprise when after trying to switch on the controller, nothing happened: black screen, no green light came on (LED's). Even when I pressed just once to see how much is charged (it should be 100%).

I tried turning on by holding power on button 10 seconds, 15 seconds, even 1 minute but nothing happened - controller is DEAD.

It is ridiculous that new equipment (and not cheap) does not work.

Does anyone have workound on this or the only way is https://www.dji.com/pl/support/service ?

--
Best,
Jakub
2023-5-9
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hi there, may I ask if the LED will turn on when you're charging the remote controller? Please note that it's needed to short-press and then long-press the power button to start up the remote controller.
2023-5-10
Use props
fansbf73deb1
lvl.1

Poland

No light when charging because it's already charged to 100%.
I own DJI drones over 6 years and I know how to turn on controller ;)

RC Pro is going to be replaced.
2023-5-10
Use props
fansbf73deb1
lvl.1

Poland

I was just preparing parcel with controller to be replaced and ... it's turning on. WTF
2023-5-10
Use props
fansbf73deb1
lvl.1

Poland

It seems that controller was in very veeeery deep hibernate mode and after ~12 hours it was able to power on - is this normal behavior?
2023-5-10
Use props
frankymusik
First Officer
Flight distance : 27841053 ft
  • >>>
Germany

fansbf73deb1 Posted at 5-10 04:22
It seems that controller was in very veeeery deep hibernate mode and after ~12 hours it was able to power on - is this normal behavior?

But that also depends on the charger used!  

Earlier you said the controller was 100% charged...
How did you determine that?
2023-5-13
Use props
Burt37
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4009 ft
Australia

fansbf73deb1 Posted at 5-10 01:15
No light when charging because it's already charged to 100%.
I own DJI drones over 6 years and I know how to turn on controller ;)

That doesn't make any sense....

If it is 100% charge all LED will lit when you press the button once
2023-5-14
Use props
Visual Air
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 2710115 ft
  • >>>
Canada

The way you are describing how you turn it on is wrong one short press and then a long press is standard. Sniffs like user error here.
2023-5-14
Use props
Burt37
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4009 ft
Australia

I think Jakub has left the building...
2023-5-15
Use props
fansbf73deb1
lvl.1

Poland

Visual Air Posted at 5-14 08:35
The way you are describing how you turn it on is wrong one short press and then a long press is standard. Sniffs like user error here.

I'm using DJI drones since 2018 and I perfectly know how to turn on the controller - think before you write.

The controller was 100% charged as I watched the process - charging started with the second LED flashing, then the third, fourth and finally it switched off. Therefore, I believe it was fully charged.

No LED was lit after pressing the power button once.

I spoke to DJI service and they asked for a video of the whole procedure (charging and trying to turn on the controller) and they admitted that something was not working and asked to send it back for a replacement.

As I wrote earlier - the controller started working the next day (it had been about 12 hours since charging) so I concluded that it must have been some sort of deep hibernation mode.
2023-5-15
Use props
Visual Air
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 2710115 ft
  • >>>
Canada

Using drones since 2018 good for you. Starting a rant from the get go requires an attitude check. Either way happy you got it sorted.
2023-5-15
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

fansbf73deb1 Posted at 5-10 01:24
I was just preparing parcel with controller to be replaced and ... it's turning on. WTF

Hi there. Sorry for the late response. We're glad that you managed to get it to work. Should you have additional inquiries or concerns, please don't hesitate to reach us. Thank you for your valued support.
2023-5-28
Use props
viraj1991
lvl.1
Flight distance : 2325010 ft
India

Having this exact same issue... before you post info about how to start the controller, i know how to.
this is some issue with the motherboard. since im in india, dji dose not have any official service center or any after sales support. and we need to make our own way to fix the issue ourselves.
so this is what i did.
I opened the controller, disconnected the battery and checked the motherboard for signs of burn etc but i couldnt.. everything looked good (i do not have exeprtise checking components using a multimeter). so i assembled everything together and after plugging in the battery, it started. but power button started misbehaving again and it wouldnt start. so i removed the battery plug and connected againg and it started again. this is what i had to do to start the controller. so i came up with a temp fix that worked really well for almost an year. i installed a switch between the negative terminal of the battery plug wire. when i flicked the switch, it simulated as if i removed and reconnected the battery plug on the motherboard.. .
now yesterday i got this issue again and i believe there is a lot of carbon deposit inside the switch terminal as the switch isnt rated for somuch current. might have to change the switch..
4-22 22:28
Use props
fans32a53ed4
lvl.4
Flight distance : 387044 ft
United States

You need 7 years of experience to figure out a problem like this.
4-23 00:50
Use props
samedustunbulut
lvl.1

Turkey

Harika paylaşımm
yesterday 04:35
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules