DJI_0406_gradedSmall.jpg
2023-5-10
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
Flight distance : 6188465 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

That's a lot of trees    Lovely waterfall.
2023-5-10
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

Impressive 360.  
2023-5-10
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

What a lovely waterfall and in such a remote location.  Very nice find.  
2023-5-10
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 15997 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Blériot53 Posted at 5-10 10:10
That's a lot of trees    Lovely waterfall.

Lol precisely what I thought, then I thought of Samwise Gamgee saying to Frodo, "trees and, oh look, more trees"
2023-5-10
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
Flight distance : 6188465 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Sean-bumble-bee Posted at 5-10 12:33
Lol precisely what I thought, then I thought of Samwise Gamgee saying to Frodo, "trees and, oh look, more trees"

Reminds me of a trip I once took in Sweden. Drove for 5 hours through a ceaseless green tunnel.
2023-5-10
Use props
sbonev
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3665279 ft
Switzerland

Sean-bumble-bee Posted at 5-10 12:33

yeah, was quite curious to see what it was like from a height after the long hike. it was worth it, but i struggled a lot to fly because i took off from the waterfall and it was a small gap in the canopy with barely enough gps signal. took me 10 min to get decent satellites. And i didn't dare to venture too far away as it was also about to start to rain with thunders audible in the distance.
2023-5-10
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 15997 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

sbonev Posted at 5-10 13:51
yeah, was quite curious to see what it was like from a height after the long hike. it was worth it, but i struggled a lot to fly because i took off from the waterfall and it was a small gap in the canopy with barely enough gps signal. took me 10 min to get decent satellites. And i didn't dare to venture too far away as it was also about to start to rain with thunders audible in the distance.

Not a place you'd want to get lost in !
2023-5-10
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Very impressive.  
2023-5-11
Use props
Ross14
Second Officer
Czechia

Super
2023-5-11
Use props
No Original Thought
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1364209 ft
United Kingdom

Impressive!

Threading the needle on the way out and back. I can easily see why you were nervouse taking off there - I wouldn't have dared stray from the straight up straight down and even then as you weren't in the centre of that pool, I suspect keeping visibility of the drone was difficult.

Impressive result.
2023-5-12
Use props
sbonev
Second Officer
Switzerland

No Original Thought Posted at 5-12 00:08
Impressive!

Threading the needle on the way out and back. I can easily see why you were nervouse taking off there - I wouldn't have dared stray from the straight up straight down and even then as you weren't in the centre of that pool, I suspect keeping visibility of the drone was difficult.

yep, exactly as you describe it...add to that constant raindrops falling from the sky... i waited for a window when the raindrops stopped for a bit, but it was another thing to look out for as it was about to rain. Hence could not use the nd filters to try more fluid shots of the waterfall, apart from that we were in a hurry to go back to the camp....

basically my list of worst places to fly the drone from has started taking shape:

1. waterfalls hands down. already tried from several, apart from getting good satellite coverage, the visibility and RC connection are things to consider.
2. a metal boat at a remote island with thousands of birds....so many close encounters. No maps if you forgot to check out the location...really have to be careful with the compass. had a couple of times it was changing the north literally every couple of seconds
2023-5-12
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Find the waterfall
Nice work!
2023-5-16
Use props
sbonev
Second Officer
Bulgaria

Montfrooij Posted at 5-16 10:50
Find the waterfall  
Nice work!

Yes, you found it. Though being right below it’s not very apparent.
2023-5-16
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

sbonev Posted at 5-16 12:10
Yes, you found it. Though being right below it’s not very apparent.

For these spheres (and the little planet) it is difficult to predict what will work out.
(yes, I found it )
2023-5-16
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules