POLL : Improved Pro user support
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
LV_Forestry
First Officer
Flight distance : 4726654 ft
Latvia

Since I started using the forum, I have noticed that the answers given to questions concerning products in the Enterprise & Agras range are very many times off topic or even non-existent.
I still notice that there is at least one moderator who takes the time to try to understand and look for answers that make sense. Thanks to Him/Her/ I don't know what pronoun to use for a robot in English.

For the vast majority they are incompetent for these product lines. And from the moment that security is a question, I no longer agree. I will make exactly the same observations for the official online support and some physical authorized reseller.  

Do you think that :
Multiple choiceVote: ( Up to 4 entry optional ), Total 18 people participate in voting

Distance end of: 13 Day7 Hour8 Min

Your user group with no voting privileges
2023-5-10
Use props
Johnnokomis
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 13349895 ft
  • >>>
United States

Preach! I can't think of a single time in these Pro Systems section of the forums where an admin had anything valuable or of substance to add. The only value over here is from other DJI customers, not staff. If it's an admin reply it's guaranteed to be a copy/paste generic answer that means nothing. Why don't they at least talk like a human? They could all be replaced by ChatGPT and it would seriously do a better job. I've had to deal with DJI support/repair several times recently for maintenance, warranty claims and others. They are so nice and easy to work with. That's why I don't understand how every admin here seems like they've never  actually held an RC in their life. They only have 10-15 replies to choose from but usually they don't even bother at all.
2023-5-10
Use props
AR_AirPrecision
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2660509 ft
Belgium

In my opinion the Enterprise user should rely more on their local enterprise reseller. I like the forum to get in touch with other product users with on the field experiences.
2023-5-11
Use props
LV_Forestry
First Officer
Latvia

AR_AirPrecision Posted at 5-11 01:03
In my opinion the Enterprise user should rely more on their local enterprise reseller. I like the forum to get in touch with other product users with on the field experiences.

You're lucky to have a competent dealer.  On occasion you could possibly ask him the question concerning the RedEdge band of the P4M and M3M, what is its real value?  And also why manual focus is not stable on M3E.  I never got an answer, neither here nor from the dealers.

To make quotes, and talk about money, they are almost good.
But for tech support, as John wrote, you get at least as good answers by asking an AI.  Answers whose quality is unfortunately insufficient.

It's hard to understand because I have different payloads other than DJI, when there is a problem we contact technical support and the guys are there to solve the problem.

Here we ignore you or at best we send you a copy paste answer.

2023-5-11
Use props
LV_Forestry
First Officer
Latvia

Johnnokomis Posted at 5-10 20:40
Preach! I can't think of a single time in these Pro Systems section of the forums where an admin had anything valuable or of substance to add. The only value over here is from other DJI customers, not staff. If it's an admin reply it's guaranteed to be a copy/paste generic answer that means nothing. Why don't they at least talk like a human? They could all be replaced by ChatGPT and it would seriously do a better job. I've had to deal with DJI support/repair several times recently for maintenance, warranty claims and others. They are so nice and easy to work with. That's why I don't understand how every admin here seems like they've never  actually held an RC in their life. They only have 10-15 replies to choose from but usually they don't even bother at all.

For the waranty claim I agree with your opinion, their procedure is rather well done and effective.  

For tech support as you indicate, I did the test with an AI, and very honestly it's just as effective, but much faster with AI.  But it still misses the hidden information that DJI does not communicate.  

I m ready to bet that the moderators here are bots.  There must be maybe one or two humans in the lot, but for the rest...  

I'm probably going to get a warning again for this, because the algorithm doesn't like criticism, but I don't care.  They have more to lose by banning their most frequent users.  They would benefit from treating us better by releasing more information.
2023-5-11
Use props
patiam
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1118740 ft
  • >>>
United States

+1 to everything, and thanks @LV_Forestry for stepping up and saying what needs to be said. The value of this forum is almost entirely in users helping other users. Rare is the thread where a Mod actually gives a timely and accurate answer to a user's question. When they do answer, it is generally with empty platitudes and promises to check with their team, or in many cases factually incorrect or incomplete information. Users almost always are the ones that actually come through with any sort of useful help, and generally well before the mMods have even initially responded.
I wish it were otherwise, but have come to accept that is just the way it is. As you mentioned there are 1 or 2 Mods that actually add some value. I don't know if they are bots or not, but most of them might as well be.

There's another thing this forum really needs, moderation-wise:  simple housekeeping that's worth a damn. Mods need to pay attention to Reported posts, remove SPAM, and reassign mis-posted threads to the appropriate sub-forums. Much of this could be automated, and it doesn't require actual expertise or knowledge of the UAS involved. It is bad enough that we can't rely on mods to provide actual support, but they can't even help improve the SNR issues either.
2023-5-11
Use props
AR_AirPrecision
Second Officer
Belgium

LV_Forestry Posted at 5-11 03:59
You're lucky to have a competent dealer.  On occasion you could possibly ask him the question concerning the RedEdge band of the P4M and M3M, what is its real value?  And also why manual focus is not stable on M3E.  I never got an answer, neither here nor from the dealers.

To make quotes, and talk about money, they are almost good.

I can ask, problem if it's not published or known they won't know neither.
2023-5-11
Use props
LV_Forestry
First Officer
Latvia

AR_AirPrecision Posted at 5-11 08:57
I can ask, problem if it's not published or known they won't know neither.

You put your finger on the problem.
If it's not published, then no one will bother to look further.
I am convinced that the engineers who designed the systems are full of good will, but business is bussiness, the DJI company policy seems to be that if there is a problem, the rule is : do not talk about it.
2023-5-11
Use props
LV_Forestry
First Officer
Latvia

patiam Posted at 5-11 07:44
+1 to everything, and thanks @LV_Forestry for stepping up and saying what needs to be said. The value of this forum in almost entirely in users helping other users. Rare is the thread where a Mod actually gives a timely and accurate answer to a user's question. When they do answer, it is generally with empty platitudes and promises to check with their team, or in many cases factually incorrect or incomplete information. Users almost always are the ones that actually come through with any sort of useful help, and generally well before the mMods have even initially responded.
I wish it were otherwise, but have come to accept that is just the way it is. As you mentioned there are 1 or 2 Mods that actually add some value. I don't know if they are bots or not, but most of them might as well be.

Pat, thanks for supporting.

I am a little exasperated by DJI for the reasons we have already mentioned. What made me twist is the thread on the propellers of the T30.

https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... p;page=1#pid3039933

The straw that broke the camel's back.
We are told that the propellers of the T30, beast of 75kg MAX, naturally cracks and apart from a return under warranty for those who have already cracked, DJI does not intend to do anything.

We are (here) in the middle of a period of transitions to adhere as much as possible to the new regulations. We have just obtained the agreement in principle from the air traffic authority to lock down entire airspace for us to carry out our operations in complete safety. We filled out documents that attest to the maintenance of our machines, their reliability... All this to say that in the end a propeller may come off at any time, the problem is known, but who cares!

Coming from the manufacturer, this revolts me. In this case DJI would do better to continue to manufacture mini drones and leave the wider applications to serious people.
2023-5-11
Use props
Johnnokomis
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

LV_Forestry Posted at 5-11 09:42
Pat, thanks for supporting.

I am a little exasperated by DJI for the reasons we have already mentioned. What made me twist is the thread on the propellers of the T30.

What category is Pro Systems supposed to apply to anyways? It seems like DJI Enterprise would be more fitting since the Mini 3 Pro and Mavic 3 Pro obviously don't belong here. How many times has a new Mini 3 Pro owner posted here by mistake? On the other hand, a month or so ago DJI quietly removed the Mavic 3 Enterprise from this Pro Systems side. So clearly it's not for Enterprise products either. Is it now just the collection of message threads that DJI Admins knowingly avoid?

Back to the topic at hand, I just looked over these forum rules that Wanda so kindly suggested to you..

Do you realize my last sentence is actually breaking the rules? Rule #5 clearly states "Threads and posts discussing moderator actions are not allowed." Well I guess it's just a matter of time before I too receive a warning. I'll wear that warning like a badge of honor.  Maybe I just accidently found a way to trigger a response from these admin bots. Which brings me to my last point..

Another quote on these rules I found amusing is "If  your particular technical issue has been solved, please edit your title  with "[SOLVED]" to help other users find solutions to their problems." How about we take that idea but reverse it? All our threads that are never addressed by DJI we add "[UNSOLVED]" to the title? My gosh, can you imagine how many of those there would be?

Still waiting on my warning.
2023-5-11
Use props
AR_AirPrecision
Second Officer
Belgium

LV_Forestry Posted at 5-11 09:22
You put your finger on the problem.
If it's not published, then no one will bother to look further.
I am convinced that the engineers who designed the systems are full of good will, but business is bussiness, the DJI company policy seems to be that if there is a problem, the rule is : do not talk about it.

I worked in big tech : nothing new here, product tends to become over complex and no one still know how the monster works...agro UAVs ( if I remember properly ) haven't been developed in house but are from a take over/merger.

This is no way an excuse for DJI or any other supplier to not deliver proper support to customer.
2023-5-12
Use props
LV_Forestry
First Officer
Latvia

AR_AirPrecision Posted at 5-12 04:03
I worked in big tech : nothing new here, product tends to become over complex and no one still know how the monster works...agro UAVs ( if I remember properly ) haven't been developed in house but are from a take over/merger.

This is no way an excuse for DJI or any other supplier to not deliver proper support to customer.

I'm used with other brands to have a more efficient follow-up of bugs and feature requests. For many of them a number is assigned when a user makes a new request. With this number, it is possible to contact them and know at which state it is. If another user makes a similar request, he is also forwarded to this number.
This requires a little management, but seems rather simple to implement.

In my case, the fact of having answers makes it possible to direct the strategy of purchase and use of the material.

I take the case of the P4M with its RedEdge band. No response has been received regarding this issue. From there I had two options:
1 / choose to renew with M3M suspecting that the defect was going to be corrected
2 / direct me to another brand.

Without a clear statement from DJI, well, it's a gamble.

Finally I started to know DJI, I blocked all the calls for tenders that could have led to a drone from the M3 range. For safety, and I did well. At the beginning the SDK was more or less announced for the consumer version, which says SDK, says mapping possible... Well, fortunately we kept the M2.

For the M3M, the RedEdge band fault is still the same, again still no response.

The worst is when a customer asks you why there is this defect, you have no answer to give. It's very unpleasant.

2023-5-12
Use props
LV_Forestry
First Officer
Latvia

Johnnokomis Posted at 5-11 18:05
What category is Pro Systems supposed to apply to anyways? It seems like DJI Enterprise would be more fitting since the Mini 3 Pro and Mavic 3 Pro obviously don't belong here. How many times has a new Mini 3 Pro owner posted here by mistake? On the other hand, a month or so ago DJI quietly removed the Mavic 3 Enterprise from this Pro Systems side. So clearly it's not for Enterprise products either. Is it now just the collection of message threads that DJI Admins knowingly avoid?

Back to the topic at hand, I just looked over these forum rules that Wanda so kindly suggested to you..

I'm leaning towards this option too, the pro system section is where users are left to fend for themselves.

For the rules of the forum it's big nonsense. Today there was a massive spammer raid. An Admin was logged in at the same time. Do you think he did something...
1.JPG

They wait for the spammer to be reported in the dedicated thread. If this isn't bot behavior to avoid unwanted deletes then I don't know.

The warnings are the same, great fun. It feels like kindergarten. Come on bots, who will dare to press the button?
2.JPG

I like the idea of UNSOLVED. At least it will avoid clicking on unresolved threads and wasting time reading the same copy-paste message fifty times. But again, FAQs there don't know what it is. And it's not for lack of having proposed things in the survey for the promised revolution of the forum.

[New reminder]YOUR FEEDBACK MATTERS!Take Our Survey | DJI FORUM

Your feedback matters they wrote! but in fact not too much anyway. If there is money to be made why not, if not...

2023-5-12
Use props
Johnnokomis
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

LV_Forestry Posted at 5-12 09:46
I'm leaning towards this option too, the pro system section is where users are left to fend for themselves.

For the rules of the forum it's big nonsense. Today there was a massive spammer raid. An Admin was logged in at the same time. Do you think he did something...

10 hours and it's still present in the Wild West of the Pro Systems. Once the spam was noticed in the other sections you'd think a responsible admin would check the entire site and delete it. Nope. Not these bots. They must have notifications disabled for section.

Another outrageous rule I see is that we're not allowed to bring up any lawsuits against DJI...

So what about this $279 million verdict that Textron was just awarded against DJI?
2023-5-12
Use props
Burt37
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4009 ft
Australia

Johnnokomis Posted at 5-12 18:02
[view_image]

10 hours and it's still present in the Wild West of the Pro Systems. Once the spam was noticed in the other sections you'd think a responsible admin would check the entire site and delete it. Nope. Not these bots. They must have notifications disabled for section.

The spam issue is a common problem for these "in House" forum software...

But if I got to be honest, the spam is probably the last of the severe issues encountered on this forum...

This software has 1980's capabilities, compare to forums like Vbulletin, xenFORO or even the free ones like SMF (that I think it is still the best as far as security and customisation)  or phpBB...

Also, to run a forum properly you need HUMANS as admin and moderators, while keeping the Bot to increase posts traffic...

On here it seems that BOTs are running the show, and it shows...
2023-12-5
Use props
TimmyBaker
lvl.3
Flight distance : 4762051 ft
South Africa

DJI support is like throwing gas all over yourself and lighting it on fire, then adding more gas to put yourself out...

Its been the most frustrating experience ever.

They SHOULD NOT call themselves an enterprise company, enterprise companies understand the value of their clients. They should stick to making consumer products where companies reputations are not at stake because of poorly developed hardware, firmware and software combinations plus completely blowing off clients through support with a complete lack of substance.

Just like facebook tanked because they got to big for their own shoes, DJI will struggle in the future if they cannot pick up their socks and stuff in order to realise the value of their enterprise users....

But on another note there are a few people that are part of this thread whom I would like to personally thank for all their effort and expertise throughout the years. The real value in this forum are these members that constantly add information and assist other users time and time again with a great attitude.  
2023-12-19
Use props
LV_Forestry
First Officer
Latvia

Someone has just voted and therefore moved the thread to the top of the stack. I'm taking this opportunity to do an update, this is only my opinion, but I salute the efforts made by the staff. It is obvious to me that more and more admins are responding and seeking information from relevant teams for the questions asked in the pro section.

4-5 09:27
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules