Any way Youtube live streaming without computer?
12Next >
4639 41 2023-5-10
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
realtrip
lvl.1

South Korea

as I mentioned,

what is the way to live streaming on Youtube without computer setting.

Minoapp  → connect youtube live stream → log in my youtube accout with a desktop → youtube studio → activate live streaming

it's kind of annoying.. OTL

however, can I do by mobile only...?

2023-05-11 08 43 38.png

2023-5-10
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. The DJI Osmo Action 3 supports live streaming via Youtube. You may refer to the steps below on how to do it.

(1) Go to YouTube.

(2) Tap the “Create”   icon in the top-right corner to start Livestream.

(3) If you have not verified the channel, please follow the steps to do so.

(4) After the live streaming function is enabled for the first time, you may need to wait up to 24 hours. You can start live streaming once the function is enabled.

4) If you have livestreamed on YouTube:

(1) Ensure that live streaming has been launched immediately in the DJI Mimo app until you see the live streaming screen.

(2) Visit the YouTube official website. Tap the “Create” icon in the top-right corner of the official website. Then, tap “Start live streaming”.

(3) Tap the “Manage”  icon on the left of the page. Then, find the current live streams on the right list. Enter the Details page.

(4) Follow the requirements to fill in live streaming information. Tap “Save”. Then, tap “Start Live Streaming” in the top-right corner. Wait for a moment. You can see the live streaming screen sent by DJI device on YouTube.

Notes:

When logging into YouTube, it may take several seconds to load the account information if the network environment is poor. We recommend waiting for several seconds or attempting to log in several times.
2023-5-10
Use props
realtrip
lvl.1

South Korea

DJI Paladin Posted at 5-10 17:42
Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. The DJI Osmo Action 3 supports live streaming via Youtube. You may refer to the steps below on how to do it.

(1) Go to YouTube.

can I do above step by mobile?....
Actually I couldn't
2023-5-10
Use props
osmonauta
Second Officer
Hungary

I am curious if it would work on an iPad. You can multitask on an iPad, eg open 2 apps side by side. So on the left side of the screen you’d open the Mimo app and on the right side you open YouTube. Now you have both apps open at the same time and maybe you can do live stream this way. On a phone… you prolly can’t do that. And if you don’t have an iPad, then it’s time to phone Santa. :-)
2023-5-10
Use props
johansenfoto
First Officer
Flight distance : 1173379 ft
  • >>>
Norway

osmonauta Posted at 5-10 22:29
I am curious if it would work on an iPad. You can multitask on an iPad, eg open 2 apps side by side. So on the left side of the screen you’d open the Mimo app and on the right side you open YouTube. Now you have both apps open at the same time and maybe you can do live stream this way. On a phone… you prolly can’t do that. And if you don’t have an iPad, then it’s time to phone Santa. :-)

So you support USA?

My Android phone can multitask
2023-5-10
Use props
Fishycomics
First Officer
United States

I had used the Mobile side a few times,  setting it up is a headache.
Here we are DJI, told you so....

turn on Hotspot,   do the desktop  and walk outside, that is one way. Or load  a browser that allows you to  get a Youtube desktop and do t he same via in the mobile. good luck  I gave up and simply Use gopr. why? Able to communicate to my audience via chat, DJI is OUTDATED or  not matured to do that yet
2023-5-11
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

realtrip Posted at 5-10 21:27
can I do above step by mobile?....
Actually I couldn't

Yes, just follow the steps above and see if you achieve the live streaming via the DJI Mimo app. Thank you for your valued support.
2023-5-11
Use props
livestreamkoste
New

Vietnam

https://livestreamkostenlos.de/ is your free live streaming site, thanks for listening
2023-5-15
Use props
nickdarkee
New

Slovakia

Get ready for a YouTube revelation that's about to unfold! I was feeling a bit stuck with my DIY channel, struggling to attract the attention I yearned for. Then, at a DIY expo, a seasoned DIY guru spilled the beans about a good site of YouTube promotion service that had orchestrated her channel's sensational success
2023-8-17
Use props
Fishycomics
First Officer
United States

I wonder if DJI fixed this with the OA4
2023-8-17
Use props
Ulysses
lvl.4
Flight distance : 573310 ft
Brazil

Guys, you can do that with phone only. You have to do the same steps mentioned, but you can open your browser, tick the option to display the computer version and then you can follow the steps from there. Ans you can switch between Mimo and your browser to go back and forth. Its a bit of a hassle to do it but it can be done. I think the fault is on YT side as its the way they offer for livestreaming outside their plataform.
2023-8-24
Use props
HGDC84
Captain
Finland

Ulysses Posted at 8-24 03:35
Guys, you can do that with phone only. You have to do the same steps mentioned, but you can open your browser, tick the option to display the computer version and then you can follow the steps from there. Ans you can switch between Mimo and your browser to go back and forth. Its a bit of a hassle to do it but it can be done. I think the fault is on YT side as its the way they offer for livestreaming outside their plataform.

I tried this, but for some reason, the "Start livestream" button didn't show up in the browser, and the preview window just show a message saying it is waiting for a contact from the livestream encoder app (I assume this means DJI Mimo). Any ideas how to fix that? It certainly would open some all-new possibilities if I could do it all without  needing an extra computer in the step.
2023-9-22
Use props
buhrmi
lvl.1

Germany

HGDC84 Posted at 9-22 05:00
I tried this, but for some reason, the "Start livestream" button didn't show up in the browser, and the preview window just show a message saying it is waiting for a contact from the livestream encoder app (I assume this means DJI Mimo). Any ideas how to fix that? It certainly would open some all-new possibilities if I could do it all without  needing an extra computer in the step.

I'm also stuck on this step. Preview window just saying it is waiting for connection from streaming software.

Did you ever figure it out?
2023-12-4
Use props
HGDC84
Captain
Finland

buhrmi Posted at 12-4 08:47
I'm also stuck on this step. Preview window just saying it is waiting for connection from streaming software.

Did you ever figure it out?

I don't think I ever got it working without a PC. My minimum setup that worked was the Pocket 2, the DIA Handle, the smartphone with the Mimo app/wifi hotspot and a PC.

Here's a couple of threads where I investigated the issue and the (not optimal but passable) solution to it:
https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=298660
https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=298132
https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=235230
https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=298131

While the OBS parts of the investigations might not look like they are directly involved with online streaming, you can actually redirect the stream from OBS to YouTube, Facebook, Instagram and many others by linking your representative social media accounts to the OBS settings. Not only that, but it also allows many other options besides the direct streaming, such as applying overlays, creating multi-camera/multi-source streams etc.

I hope this helps, though I am sorry I could not advise you on how to do it without a PC. If you happen to find a solution on how to do it, then I and certainly many others as well would be very interested in hearing how to do it!
2023-12-4
Use props
buhrmi
lvl.1

Germany

HGDC84 Posted at 12-4 12:17
I don't think I ever got it working without a PC. My minimum setup that worked was the Pocket 2, the DIA Handle, the smartphone with the Mimo app/wifi hotspot and a PC.

Here's a couple of threads where I investigated the issue and the (not optimal but passable) solution to it:

I think I actually figured it out. Still cumbersome but works.

https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... 776&pid=3194111
2023-12-4
Use props
HGDC84
Captain
Finland

buhrmi Posted at 12-4 16:50

https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=redirect&goto=findpost&ptid=302776&pid=3194111

Thanks for telling me, I'll have to test it if I could go for an even more mobile setup. While I can do with my current setup, I certainly don't mind if I can go for an even more portable one.
2023-12-5
Use props
HGDC84
Captain
Finland

buhrmi Posted at 12-4 16:50

https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=redirect&goto=findpost&ptid=302776&pid=3194111

Just tried it and found out it works, thank you so much for sharing this! My setup is way more mobile now thanks to your tip
2023-12-20
Use props
HGDC84
Captain
Finland

DJI Paladin Posted at 5-11 21:24
Yes, just follow the steps above and see if you achieve the live streaming via the DJI Mimo app. Thank you for your valued support.

I would like to ask an additional question regarding this. I now have been able to do this using two mobile phones (one with the Mimo app, the other acting as a WiFi hotspot) or alternatively with one phone and one WiFI router. I would like to ask if this can be done only using the one phone with the Mimo app as a WiFI hotspot or by direct mobile data connection to the Internet? If it cannot be done, then I can live with it, but having the possibility of only using one phone would streamline things a bit more.

Thanks in advance for the reply!
2023-12-20
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

HGDC84 Posted at 12-20 02:26
I would like to ask an additional question regarding this. I now have been able to do this using two mobile phones (one with the Mimo app, the other acting as a WiFi hotspot) or alternatively with one phone and one WiFI router. I would like to ask if this can be done only using the one phone with the Mimo app as a WiFI hotspot or by direct mobile data connection to the Internet? If it cannot be done, then I can live with it, but having the possibility of only using one phone would streamline things a bit more.

Thanks in advance for the reply!

Hello, HGDC84. Thank you for reaching out. Yes, you can use Mobile Data to perform live streaming. Make sure to use a stable mobile data connection to avoid any issues during live streaming. Please provide us with any feedback if you experience any issues. We appreciate your valued support.
2023-12-22
Use props
HGDC84
Captain
Finland

DJI Paladin Posted at 12-22 02:20
Hello, HGDC84. Thank you for reaching out. Yes, you can use Mobile Data to perform live streaming. Make sure to use a stable mobile data connection to avoid any issues during live streaming. Please provide us with any feedback if you experience any issues. We appreciate your valued support.

Thank you for clarifying that out. Are there some specific instructions on how to do this? I don't think I've ever seen the option for the direct mobile data connection on the livestream settings, and if I attempt to do that making the phone a wifi hotspot, I always get an error message stating it was unable to connect (not sure if it gets confused on whether it should connect to the Pocket 2 or the Internet).
2023-12-22
Use props
Fishycomics
First Officer
United States

Until DI can make a how to video I find myself stuck on the first half with the mobile phone saying its Livestreaming and I must walk to a computer
2023-12-22
Use props
HGDC84
Captain
Finland

Fishycomics Posted at 12-22 16:18
Until DI can make a how to video I find myself stuck on the first half with the mobile phone saying its Livestreaming and I must walk to a computer

Which service are you attempting to livestream on? YouTube, something else? Do you have another smartphone or tablet besides the one with the Mimo app available?I initially had that problem, but after following the instructions stated above, I managed to pull it off without a PC on YouTube. I do need two devices at the moment, I admit, but neither needs to be a PC.
2023-12-23
Use props
Fishycomics
First Officer
United States

HGDC84 Posted at 12-23 07:17
Which service are you attempting to livestream on? YouTube, something else? Do you have another smartphone or tablet besides the one with the Mimo app available?I initially had that problem, but after following the instructions stated above, I managed to pull it off without a PC on YouTube. I do need two devices at the moment, I admit, but neither needs to be a PC.

thank you.  to much of an headache t o use it, I can get  this to work but  no way is it like a gopro LMAO!>
2023-12-23
Use props
HGDC84
Captain
Finland

Fishycomics Posted at 12-23 13:27
thank you.  to much of an headache t o use it, I can get  this to work but  no way is it like a gopro LMAO!>

I do admit it is somewhat a convoluted process, wouldn't mind myself either if it was somehow more streamlined in a way you could do it simply with just the phone with the Mini app.

Anyhow, Happy Holidays!
2023-12-23
Use props
Fishycomics
First Officer
United States

to many steps if asked

2023-12-24
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

HGDC84 Posted at 12-22 13:48
Thank you for clarifying that out. Are there some specific instructions on how to do this? I don't think I've ever seen the option for the direct mobile data connection on the livestream settings, and if I attempt to do that making the phone a wifi hotspot, I always get an error message stating it was unable to connect (not sure if it gets confused on whether it should connect to the Pocket 2 or the Internet).

Thank you for your response, HGDC. We will clarify this to the designated team and will surely keep you posted. We appreciate your understanding.
2023-12-25
Use props
HGDC84
Captain
Finland

DJI Paladin Posted at 12-25 03:53
Thank you for your response, HGDC. We will clarify this to the designated team and will surely keep you posted. We appreciate your understanding.

Thanks for that, would really love to hear if this was possible only using a single phone for livestreaming (using the same phone that has the Mimo app and is used for starting the livestream in the app). Will await for your answer.

May you all at DJI have a nice rest of the year!
2023-12-25
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

HGDC84 Posted at 12-25 06:34
Thanks for that, would really love to hear if this was possible only using a single phone for livestreaming (using the same phone that has the Mimo app and is used for starting the livestream in the app). Will await for your answer.

May you all at DJI have a nice rest of the year!

Thank you for patiently waiting, HGDC84. Can you please confirm what mobile device are you using? First, please turn on the Bluetooth and WiFi on your mobile device to connect to the DJI Mimo app, after connecting to the DJI Mimo app, turn on the hotspot and the mobile data and check if you can connect with the Livestream. We will create a video tutorial and will keep you posted once available. Happy Holidays, HGDC84!
2023-12-26
Use props
Fishycomics
First Officer
United States

DJI Paladin Posted at 12-26 01:42
Thank you for patiently waiting, HGDC84. Can you please confirm what mobile device are you using? First, please turn on the Bluetooth and WiFi on your mobile device to connect to the DJI Mimo app, after connecting to the DJI Mimo app, turn on the hotspot and the mobile data and check if you can connect with the Livestream. We will create a video tutorial and will keep you posted once available. Happy Holidays, HGDC84!

thought that video was created when the Action 3 was out?
2023-12-26
Use props
HGDC84
Captain
Finland

DJI Paladin Posted at 12-26 01:42
Thank you for patiently waiting, HGDC84. Can you please confirm what mobile device are you using? First, please turn on the Bluetooth and WiFi on your mobile device to connect to the DJI Mimo app, after connecting to the DJI Mimo app, turn on the hotspot and the mobile data and check if you can connect with the Livestream. We will create a video tutorial and will keep you posted once available. Happy Holidays, HGDC84!

I currently have two Android devices I am using the Pocket 2 with, the one is an OnePlus 5 phone and another one is a Lenovo Tab M10 tablet. I do know neither one of those is on your lists of compatible devices, but so far I've had no problems using the Pocket 2 on either one.

I will attempt to use the devices as instructed, and will also await for your tutorial video. Thanks for looking into this and Happy Holidays to you too as well!
2023-12-26
Use props
HGDC84
Captain
Finland

Fishycomics Posted at 12-26 04:36

I'm not sure if they meant that they will do a specific video for the Pocket 2, don't own an Action 3 so not sure if there is something different in the procedures of livestreaming when compared to that. While I could imagine it being relatively similar, there are some differences between the models. (For instance, AFAIK the Osmo Action 3 directly supports a webcam function, while with the Pocket 2, it is not officially supported though you can do it using RTMP and OBS Studio Virtual Webcam.)
2023-12-26
Use props
Fishycomics
First Officer
United States

since i am in the Action 3 section and its hte same for the action 4 I am sure thre will be not much difference if asked
2023-12-26
Use props
HGDC84
Captain
Finland

Fishycomics Posted at 12-26 12:02
since i am in the Action 3 section and its hte same for the action 4 I am sure thre will be not much difference if asked

At least in theory, it's not hard to imagine that being that much different, as both the Action and the Pocket series use the Mimo app. But maybe it's DJI that knows best about the differences in this case.
2023-12-27
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

HGDC84 Posted at 12-26 11:35
I currently have two Android devices I am using the Pocket 2 with, the one is an OnePlus 5 phone and another one is a Lenovo Tab M10 tablet. I do know neither one of those is on your lists of compatible devices, but so far I've had no problems using the Pocket 2 on either one.

I will attempt to use the devices as instructed, and will also await for your tutorial video. Thanks for looking into this and Happy Holidays to you too as well!

Thank you for your response, HGDC84. Feel free to contact us if you experience any issues. I will now post the video in my response to Fishycomics. I hope you have a wonderful day ahead. Stay safe always.
2023-12-28
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

Fishycomics Posted at 12-26 04:36

Hello, Fish. Here's the video link to the tutorial. This is a Mimo app function therefore, there is no relation to what product you are using. Hope this helps.

https://pan-sec.djicorp.com/s/D7LwWCkHbaz2Zrn
2023-12-28
Use props
Fishycomics
First Officer
United States

DJI Paladin Posted at 12-28 00:33
Hello, Fish. Here's the video link to the tutorial. This is a Mimo app function therefore, there is no relation to what product you are using. Hope this helps.

https://pan-sec.djicorp.com/s/D7LwWCkHbaz2Zrn

1 thiis is an Action 3 section,  that we are discussing a Pocket 3 topic?

2 So when does your Livestream start, seems you are not completed.
2023-12-28
Use props
Fishycomics
First Officer
United States

https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=211483

this is a step by step I created to get you livestreaming Action 1, to pocket 3 makes no differences its the same Mimo App, you must have the Desktop version of youtube, that is no more on the Mobile app, at all!!!!
2023-12-28
Use props
Fishycomics
First Officer
United States

here is hte step by step video again

2023-12-28
Use props
HGDC84
Captain
Finland

DJI Paladin Posted at 12-28 00:25
Thank you for your response, HGDC84. Feel free to contact us if you experience any issues. I will now post the video in my response to Fishycomics. I hope you have a wonderful day ahead. Stay safe always.
Thanks for posting that video tutorial. Unfortunately, it seems like I can't do that with my phone, as it cannot enable both Wifi and Mobile Hotspot at the same time on OnePlus 5. Each time I have turned one on and attempt to turn the other one on, the previous one will turn itself off. Will have to test it with my Lenovo tablet to see how it is for that one. I did read that there could be some workarounds for some of the phones and tablets, but quck testing on my OnePlus didn't help the matter.

For the time being, I think I can manage using two phones, but for others with the same dilemma, do bear in mind that you will need a phone or tablet that allows to turn both wifi and hotspot on simultaneously, if you want to make it only using one phone.

Edit: The same problem applies to my tablet as well, so I guess I'm out of luck here. :-/
2023-12-29
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

Fishycomics Posted at 2023-12-28 04:29
1 thiis is an Action 3 section,  that we are discussing a Pocket 3 topic?
[view_image]

Thank you for your response. The video posted above applies to all products supported by the DJI Mimo app with live-streaming functionality. Have a good one.
1-1 04:00
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules