"Tilted" aircraft won't take off
824 7 2023-5-10
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
bunick
lvl.1
United Kingdom

I get this message when i try to take off...

"Your aircraft is tilted. Move to a flat surface and restart. If this problem persists contact DJI support."

I also tried taking off from my hand, the drone takes off, then tilts forward and crashes..
I calibrated the IMU but the issue persists. Any help is appreciated
2023-5-10
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 15997 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

This prompts several questions, please answer each one.

When the message appears are you attempting to take off from a tilted surface?
Though it should be impossible to fit the propellers incorrectly, have you got the propellors on the correct motors?
Are you using DJI propellers?
How are you attempting to launch the drone? I.e. by throttling up, or using the launch button, or something else?Has the drone been stored for a long time or recieved a knock whilst in storage?

DO NOT enable syncing of your logs with DJI.
What model of controller are you using, RC!A, RC1B or a smart controller? Look on the back of the controller.
If an RC1B I doubt you will have a DAT of the phone and the DAT on the drone is unreadable. I do not know about the smart controller.
Have a read of the instructions on
https://www.phantomhelp.com/logviewer/upload/
retrieve the .txt flight log and, if it exists, the DAT log for a troubled flight attempt.
Upload the txt flight log to that webpage, upload the DAT to a file hosting site and make the page public.
Post the URLs for both pages here.

2023-5-10
Use props
bunick
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Sean-bumble-bee Posted at 5-10 22:39
This prompts several questions, please answer each one.

When the message appears are you attempting to take off from a tilted surface?

Appreciate your response!
-Taking off from an even surface gives me this message. If I hold it up with my hand and tilt it a bit to the front-left the message goes away.
-DJi propellers yes, on the correct motors
-I launch by throttling up
- It has been stored for a while, but recently took it traveling with me and it worked fine. The issue appeared when i returned from travelling
-RC1A controller
-Uploaded the flight log :
https://www.phantomhelp.com/logviewer/3AS59XBK8FWO8MVATCK2

-Uploaded the DAT files :  https://we.tl/t-Xlq25JQ6Jz

2023-5-10
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United Kingdom

The DAT will be in the folder named MCDATFlightrecords (or something like that) where you found the .txt flight log.
I have a suspicion you have a stuck accelerometer, if no one comes up with an alternative It be inclined to give the drone a not to fierce thump with the heel of your hand with the drone's nose tilted slightly downwards. I seem to remember having to do this occasionally with a Phantom.

2023-5-10
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United Kingdom

bunick Posted at 5-10 23:11
Appreciate your response!
-Taking off from an even surface gives me this message. If I hold it up with my hand and tilt it a bit to the front-left the message goes away.
-DJi propellers yes, on the correct motors

Oh just noticed this was in class C airspace I do not know if that has an influcence on events.
2023-5-11
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out and we're sorry for the incident that happened on the unit. I'm afraid that you may consider sending the unit in for a proper diagnosis. You can contact our support team to start up a ticket at https://www.dji.com/support . Thank you for your understanding and support.
2023-5-11
Use props
bunick
lvl.1
Cyprus

DJI Paladin Posted at 5-11 19:40
Hi there. Thank you for reaching out and we're sorry for the incident that happened on the unit. I'm afraid that you may consider sending the unit in for a proper diagnosis. You can contact our support team to start up a ticket at https://www.dji.com/support . Thank you for your understanding and support.

Appreciate the response, while trying to open the support ticket and add my address I see this section but I can't change the location. Am I doing something wrong? Is there a European support page?
2023-5-15
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

bunick Posted at 5-15 00:40
Appreciate the response, while trying to open the support ticket and add my address I see this section but I can't change the location. Am I doing something wrong? Is there a European support page? [view_image]

If you are having issues creating a ticket using our online repair request, you may submit a ticket at support@dji.com for further assistance creating a ticket. Please let us know if you have other inquiries. Thank you for your valued support.
2023-5-17
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules