Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 5-17 12:22
People do regularly eat armadillos in certain parts of the world. In parts of Central America and South America, many people eat armadillos as part of their average diet. It is a central part of the diet in the southern Mexico city Oaxaca.

To prepare them is almost like rabbits or squirrels.  Skin them, clean the meat and cut into quarters. Marinate the meat in a mixture of equal parts buttermilk and meat tenderizer overnight in the refrigerator in a covered dish.  When finished marinating, wash the meat thoroughly to clean off the marinade.  Season the meat with a light amount of salt, pepper, and lemon juice. Spread a small amount of melted butter over it. Wrap the meat in foil and place it on a sheet pan and put in the oven. Bake it for 45 minutes at 325 degrees F.  Remove the meat from the foil and glaze it with a little melted butter and serve warm.

And you make a habit of doing that?
2023-5-17
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 5-17 12:28
That's the good news as there will always be other opportunities (or at least we hope there will be).  Best of luck for your endeavors on Thursday morning.

Got out at 5:30 this morning but not much was happening.   But hopefully I wont miss the high tide today and I can get there between coats of varnish.
2023-5-17
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 5-17 23:31
And you make a habit of doing that?

Not me.  I've only eaten armadillo once and that was growing up on the farm and one of our farm hands was from Mexico and he caught and made the meal.  Been a long time ago but if memory serves me right the meat was a bit gamey tasting.  I've eaten rabbits but they are a lot of work for not a lot of meat.  
2023-5-18
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 5-17 23:32
Got out at 5:30 this morning but not much was happening.   But hopefully I wont miss the high tide today and I can get there between coats of varnish.

Good thing to do while the varnish is drying.  Now you just have to hope the weather holds.
2023-5-18
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 5-18 03:02
Good thing to do while the varnish is drying.  Now you just have to hope the weather holds.

Because Im spraying it with an HVLP spray gun its re-coatable every 20 minutes and not the usual hour for this brand.  
2023-5-18
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 5-18 03:01
Not me.  I've only eaten armadillo once and that was growing up on the farm and one of our farm hands was from Mexico and he caught and made the meal.  Been a long time ago but if memory serves me right the meat was a bit gamey tasting.  I've eaten rabbits but they are a lot of work for not a lot of meat.

Reminds me of an episode of Star Trek and the "diggers"
2023-5-18
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 5-18 22:50
Because Im spraying it with an HVLP spray gun its re-coatable every 20 minutes and not the usual hour for this brand.

Man, that really makes it nice to not have to wait so long between coats to dry and spray again.  I was always used to the long drying time before recoating.
2023-5-19
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 5-18 22:51
Reminds me of an episode of Star Trek and the "diggers"

2023-5-19
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 5-19 11:12
Man, that really makes it nice to not have to wait so long between coats to dry and spray again.  I was always used to the long drying time before recoating.

The downside is that the whole area needs to be sheeted as you do end up in a cloud.   Luckily I have a good face mask.
2023-5-20
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 5-20 01:59
The downside is that the whole area needs to be sheeted as you do end up in a cloud.   Luckily I have a good face mask.

I watched a car get painted in a local body shop and I was amazed at how much paint got up in the air from the sprayer he was using.  This was inside a paint booth and when you looked through the window is was like a haze in there.
2023-5-20
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 5-20 03:49
I watched a car get painted in a local body shop and I was amazed at how much paint got up in the air from the sprayer he was using.  This was inside a paint booth and when you looked through the window is was like a haze in there.

Have you every come across a material they call fordite?   That shows how much waste there is in the process.
2023-5-20
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 5-20 23:39
Have you every come across a material they call fordite?   That shows how much waste there is in the process.

Never heard of it before.  However, I found this interesting article on it.  Interesting how it went from paint to a gem.

https://fordite.com/history/
2023-5-21
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 5-21 04:39
Never heard of it before.  However, I found this interesting article on it.  Interesting how it went from paint to a gem.

https://fordite.com/history/

Yes that’s the stuff.   It’s big in pen turning circles.  
2023-5-22
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 5-22 01:06
Yes that’s the stuff.   It’s big in pen turning circles.

That's an interesting use for cordite.  Bet it produces some really nice pens.
2023-5-22
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 5-22 12:03
That's an interesting use for cordite.  Bet it produces some really nice pens.

It depends on what you like,     here's an example though

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=uv49OV67wBQ
2023-5-24
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 5-24 00:19
It depends on what you like,     here's an example though

Thanks for the link.  That project turned out really well.  
2023-5-24
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 5-24 03:14
Thanks for the link.  That project turned out really well.

Apparently its quite hard to work with as its very brittle,   but its certainly a nice finish.  
2023-5-24
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 5-24 23:56
Apparently its quite hard to work with as its very brittle,   but its certainly a nice finish.

Yes, I found it very interesting as to they way he wrapped it prior to working with it.  No doubt it is extremely brittle.  
2023-5-25
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules