United Kingdom

2023-5-11
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

Very interesting top down shot DA.    Reminds me somewhat of a dog training facility I saw just south of Orlando.
2023-5-12
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 5-12 05:03
Very interesting top down shot DA.    Reminds me somewhat of a dog training facility I saw just south of Orlando.

This is called a rare breeds centre,  I happened to be flying nearby and took a quick fizz by for a look.  
2023-5-12
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 5-12 05:29
This is called a rare breeds centre,  I happened to be flying nearby and took a quick fizz by for a look.

Well the quick trip by turned out to be a good opportunity for a nice shot.
2023-5-12
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 5-12 06:09
Well the quick trip by turned out to be a good opportunity for a nice shot.

thanks.   Im going looking for yellow fields later,    had one flight already today at high tide and followed Emmz out for a bit and had a couple of more bird encounters
2023-5-13
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 5-13 00:30
thanks.   Im going looking for yellow fields later,    had one flight already today at high tide and followed Emmz out for a bit and had a couple of more bird encounters

From blue bells to yellow fields will be quite the transition.  Nice to know Lady Emmz was out and about again.  Sad about the birds continuing to check out your drone though.  
2023-5-13
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 5-13 02:14
From blue bells to yellow fields will be quite the transition.  Nice to know Lady Emmz was out and about again.  Sad about the birds continuing to check out your drone though.

Here's a couple of examples of the birds from this morning.

2023-5-13
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 5-13 02:14

And this one came in fast.

2023-5-13
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 5-13 02:26
Here's a couple of examples of the birds from this morning.

No doubt they are still checking you out but at a little better distance away.  
2023-5-13
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 5-13 02:27
And this one came in fast.

[view_image]

No doubt about that one being much closer.  He was definitely on a Recon mission.  
2023-5-13
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 5-13 02:43
No doubt about that one being much closer.  He was definitely on a Recon mission.

I wish they'd leave me alone.  
2023-5-13
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 5-13 02:42
No doubt they are still checking you out but at a little better distance away.

That seems to be a common distance when they do come to look,   but I do wish they wouldn't.  
2023-5-13
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 5-13 03:25
I wish they'd leave me alone.

Sadly, not much you can do about them until they decide on their own to just leave you alone.  
2023-5-14
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 5-13 23:44
That seems to be a common distance when they do come to look,   but I do wish they wouldn't.

Hopefully, they are more curious than being aggressive.  

While getting the new fish in the pond I spotted a couple of armadillos digging near the fence of the pond.  I filled in their holes with some nice size rocks.  No doubt they'll be back so I'll have to keep an eye out for them.  
2023-5-14
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 5-14 02:40
Sadly, not much you can do about them until they decide on their own to just leave you alone.

Ive just been avoiding flying over the water ways as much as possible for the last few flights,   it's less stressful.  
2023-5-14
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 5-14 03:02
Hopefully, they are more curious than being aggressive.  

While getting the new fish in the pond I spotted a couple of armadillos digging near the fence of the pond.  I filled in their holes with some nice size rocks.  No doubt they'll be back so I'll have to keep an eye out for them.

Well if you see them again dont let them lick you,  they are very sticky I was told.     If they do dig will they make a big tunnel system like badges do here?
2023-5-14
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
Flight distance : 6188465 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Plenty of obstacles for them to clamber around on.
2023-5-14
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Blériot53 Posted at 5-14 22:25
Plenty of obstacles for them to clamber around on.

They seem to love to stand on stuff,  I passed a field the other day that had a small platform in the field and they were all crammed on top of it.
2023-5-14
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
Flight distance : 6188465 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DAFlys Posted at 5-14 22:46
They seem to love to stand on stuff,  I passed a field the other day that had a small platform in the field and they were all crammed on top of it.

It's their natural instinct.
2023-5-14
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 5-14 21:13
Ive just been avoiding flying over the water ways as much as possible for the last few flights,   it's less stressful.

I can't blame you for avoiding that area.  No sense in taking risks with the birds around at this time.  
2023-5-15
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 5-14 21:30
Well if you see them again dont let them lick you,  they are very sticky I was told.     If they do dig will they make a big tunnel system like badges do here?

I don't get close enough for them to lick me.  I've trapped a few over the years and moved them off my property and onto a state park.  They did a lot and make too many holes as they seem to always be burrowing.  They do have a prehistoric look about them and the longest claws I've ever seen.
2023-5-15
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Blériot53 Posted at 5-14 23:00
It's their natural instinct.

Yes,  it sure is.   
2023-5-15
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 5-15 03:14
I can't blame you for avoiding that area.  No sense in taking risks with the birds around at this time.

Ive flown the same spot the last three days nows and so far,   Ive been lucky and not had any more issues.    But also the Oyster Catchers dont seem to be around so they might be on nests now.
2023-5-15
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 5-15 03:23
I don't get close enough for them to lick me.  I've trapped a few over the years and moved them off my property and onto a state park.  They did a lot and make too many holes as they seem to always be burrowing.  They do have a prehistoric look about them and the longest claws I've ever seen.

Never seen one myself,  but they come up occasionally is random trivia quizzes with things like what are there shells made from.
2023-5-15
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 5-15 23:12
Ive flown the same spot the last three days nows and so far,   Ive been lucky and not had any more issues.    But also the Oyster Catchers dont seem to be around so they might be on nests now.

Good, maybe that will keep the oyster catchers busy and out of your flying area for a while.
2023-5-16
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 5-15 23:24
Never seen one myself,  but they come up occasionally is random trivia quizzes with things like what are there shells made from.

Believe it or not they can run really fast.  You'd think with that heavy shell they might be slow but no way as they really can get moving quickly.  
2023-5-16
Use props
HGDC84
First Officer
Finland

I guess the goat inhabiting that would enjoy it's stay.
2023-5-16
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Top down goats home.
2023-5-16
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

And a nice shot for sure!
2023-5-16
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 5-16 03:30
Believe it or not they can run really fast.  You'd think with that heavy shell they might be slow but no way as they really can get moving quickly.

Thas funny,  they dont look like they should be fast.
2023-5-16
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 5-16 03:18
Good, maybe that will keep the oyster catchers busy and out of your flying area for a while.

Egrets and cormorants this morning,  neither caused me any issues.  sadly the tide was out and nothing was happening anywhere,   not even other walkers.   I may try and get there for high tide later.  
2023-5-16
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Montfrooij Posted at 5-16 10:30
And a nice shot for sure!

thanks Monty.  
2023-5-16
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

You're welcome!
2023-5-16
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 5-16 23:27
Thas funny,  they dont look like they should be fast.

It is funny.  I got fooled the first time I tried to run and catch one while growing up on the farm.  

2023-5-17
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 5-16 23:30
Egrets and cormorants this morning,  neither caused me any issues.  sadly the tide was out and nothing was happening anywhere,   not even other walkers.   I may try and get there for high tide later.

Oh no, that's not a good start to the day.  Maybe the high tide will bring you some better targets of opportunity.  
2023-5-17
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 5-17 03:35
It is funny.  I got fooled the first time I tried to run and catch one while growing up on the farm.  

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hY1ACUKVDZE

Blimey .  Done some people trap them for food?
2023-5-17
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 5-17 03:40
Oh no, that's not a good start to the day.  Maybe the high tide will bring you some better targets of opportunity.

I was a bit late sadly,  I like to get there about an hour before high tide as thats when most boats have enough water,   got there at high tide as some boats were already coming back.   got one  or two shots and then started home to do the glue up. Only to see more opportunities when it was too late  There's always tomorrow
2023-5-17
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 5-17 05:55
Blimey .  Done some people trap them for food?

People do regularly eat armadillos in certain parts of the world. In parts of Central America and South America, many people eat armadillos as part of their average diet. It is a central part of the diet in the southern Mexico city Oaxaca.

To prepare them is almost like rabbits or squirrels.  Skin them, clean the meat and cut into quarters. Marinate the meat in a mixture of equal parts buttermilk and meat tenderizer overnight in the refrigerator in a covered dish.  When finished marinating, wash the meat thoroughly to clean off the marinade.  Season the meat with a light amount of salt, pepper, and lemon juice. Spread a small amount of melted butter over it. Wrap the meat in foil and place it on a sheet pan and put in the oven. Bake it for 45 minutes at 325 degrees F.  Remove the meat from the foil and glaze it with a little melted butter and serve warm.  
2023-5-17
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 5-17 06:01
I was a bit late sadly,  I like to get there about an hour before high tide as thats when most boats have enough water,   got there at high tide as some boats were already coming back.   got one  or two shots and then started home to do the glue up. Only to see more opportunities when it was too late  There's always tomorrow

That's the good news as there will always be other opportunities (or at least we hope there will be).  Best of luck for your endeavors on Thursday morning.  
2023-5-17
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules