PLEASE FULL SUPPORT FOR THE CANON R5C
663 7 2023-5-11
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
HALCYON FILMS
lvl.2

United Kingdom

As it stands there is no full support from any of the DJI gimbals when using a Canon R5C in video mode. I have DJI RS2 and have just purchased a Canon R5C to find out that I cant use the gimbal to control anything apart from stop/start record. Being able to control the ISO using the front wheel or trigger the focus by half pressing the record button is crucial in my line of work.
Please DJI bring some full support. Hell even if you bring it to just the DJI RS3 Pro that woud be amazing. I would literally go buy a brand new one for from you straight away. This is a massive market for all Canon R5C shooters that no one has tapped into yet. If you gave full support for your gimbals or even just the RS3 PRO you would be the go-to for all users!

2023-5-11
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, HALCYON FILMS. Thank you for reaching out and sharing your experience. We will take it as a suggestion of yours and will forward it to our designated team for attention. All significant suggestions will be implemented after the evaluation of our relevant team. For the latest updates please stay tuned to our DJI official website at ( www.dji.com ). Also, you may go to this website to see the compatible cameras for Ronins: (https://www.dji.com/support/compatibility). As of now, EOS R5C is currently compatible with the DJI RS 3 Pro. Please see here their compatibility results: (https://www.dji.com/support/compatibility/rs-3-pro/eosr5c). Thank you for your understanding and support.
2023-5-12
Use props
HALCYON FILMS
lvl.2

United Kingdom

DJI Gamora Posted at 5-12 00:40
Hi, HALCYON FILMS. Thank you for reaching out and sharing your experience. We will take it as a suggestion of yours and will forward it to our designated team for attention. All significant suggestions will be implemented after the evaluation of our relevant team. For the latest updates please stay tuned to our DJI official website at ( www.dji.com ). Also, you may go to this website to see the compatible cameras for Ronins: (https://www.dji.com/support/compatibility). As of now, EOS R5C is currently compatible with the DJI RS 3 Pro. Please see here their compatibility results: (https://www.dji.com/support/compatibility/rs-3-pro/eosr5c). Thank you for your understanding and support.

Hi there,

Thank you for the reply and passing it on to the team. Would you be able to confirm the compatibility with the DJI RS3 Pro in VIDEO mode? On your compatibility checker it only says that things such as the ISO, Aperture and Shutter Speed can only be triggered in PHOTO mode. It also states that no focus can be triggered at all. Has this changed or is this still the same ? If this is the case than I will happily buy an RS3 PRO as I NEED these functions when in VIDEO mode.
2023-5-12
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

HALCYON FILMS Posted at 5-12 04:36
Hi there,

Thank you for the reply and passing it on to the team. Would you be able to confirm the compatibility with the DJI RS3 Pro in VIDEO mode? On your compatibility checker it only says that things such as the ISO, Aperture and Shutter Speed can only be triggered in PHOTO mode. It also states that no focus can be triggered at all. Has this changed or is this still the same ? If this is the case than I will happily buy an RS3 PRO as I NEED these functions when in VIDEO mode.

Hi, HALCYON FILMS. Let me verify these with our relevant team, I'll get back to you once I receive feedback from them.
2023-5-15
Use props
HALCYON FILMS
lvl.2

United Kingdom

DJI Gamora Posted at 5-15 07:39
Hi, HALCYON FILMS. Let me verify these with our relevant team, I'll get back to you once I receive feedback from them.

Thank you so much. Much appreciated!
2023-5-16
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

HALCYON FILMS Posted at 5-16 07:14
Thank you so much. Much appreciated!

Thank you for patiently waiting, HALCYON FILMS. We now received feedback from our relevant team. Currently, we verified that DJI RS 3 PRO with CANON R5C camera in video mode does not support the adjustment of ISO, aperture, and other parameters, for your needs this concern will be feedback to the engineers for further evaluation, if the subsequent support for related functions, will be updated through the official website camera compatibility list. Thank you for your kind understanding.
2023-5-18
Use props
HALCYON FILMS
lvl.2

United Kingdom

DJI Gamora Posted at 5-18 07:22
Thank you for patiently waiting, HALCYON FILMS. We now received feedback from our relevant team. Currently, we verified that DJI RS 3 PRO with CANON R5C camera in video mode does not support the adjustment of ISO, aperture, and other parameters, for your needs this concern will be feedback to the engineers for further evaluation, if the subsequent support for related functions, will be updated through the official website camera compatibility list. Thank you for your kind understanding.

Thank you for the clarification. Much appreciated. Hopefully this support can be implemented soon as I know every Canon R5C owner would love and benefit from this!
2023-5-18
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

HALCYON FILMS Posted at 5-18 09:14
Thank you for the clarification. Much appreciated. Hopefully this support can be implemented soon as I know every Canon R5C owner would love and benefit from this!

You're most welcome, HALCYON FILMS. Rest assured that your suggestion has been submitted for evaluation. Should you need further assistance, please don't hesitate to reach us again here at DJI Forum.
2023-5-22
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules