Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Raveneye repair is expensive
1312 29 2023-5-11
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Greggyp
lvl.1
United States

So I was giving my gimbal and raveneye an update when the application froze. I left the application open for 10 minutes nothing happened. I had to restart the program and the Raven I will no longer connect. I sent it in for repair in DJI says the entire board needs to be repaired .
2023-5-11
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hi there, we managed to find your case number through your forum account. We will forward your feedback to the corresponding team and keep you updated.
2023-5-11
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Hi there, our team has sent you an email update, you can take a look.
2023-5-11
Use props
Greggyp
lvl.1
United States

DJI HAS REACHED OUT AND WILL FIX BOARD FOR FREE ..VERYY happy.with DJI
2023-5-12
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Greggyp Posted at 5-12 06:27

Thank you for your feedback and happy to hear about the result. Hope you receive the unit back soon!
2023-5-12
Use props
Nik In The Mud
lvl.3
United States

Greggyp Posted at 5-12 06:27

I just sent my Raveneye in and was wondering what you did or said to get them to fix it for free...I feel like I got ripped off with this thing...
2023-8-15
Use props
Nik In The Mud
lvl.3
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 5-11 20:41
Hi there, our team has sent you an email update, you can take a look.

I got an email saying that they are doing a Damage Assessment on my Raveneye. I did not damage the unit, it was faulty right out of the box. I bought the DJI refresh for it but it expired.  I just thought my old camera was not compatible but that wasn't the case.
2023-8-18
Use props
Nik In The Mud
lvl.3
United States

how much were they asking for the repair? they are sending me another unit but they never mentioned how much it will cost
2023-8-18
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Nik In The Mud Posted at 8-18 08:40
I got an email saying that they are doing a Damage Assessment on my Raveneye. I did not damage the unit, it was faulty right out of the box. I bought the DJI refresh for it but it expired.  I just thought my old camera was not compatible but that wasn't the case.

Hi there, may I confirm if you mean the DJI Ronin Image Transmission System is not working since you purchased it? May I ask when did you purchase it? Please rest assured that our team will test the unit to locate the issue after receiving it which is called 'Damage Assessment'.
2023-8-20
Use props
Nik In The Mud
lvl.3
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 8-20 01:15
Hi there, may I confirm if you mean the DJI Ronin Image Transmission System is not working since you purchased it? May I ask when did you purchase it? Please rest assured that our team will test the unit to locate the issue after receiving it which is called 'Damage Assessment'.

Yes. The DJI Ronin Image Transmission System (Raveneye). I purchased the RSC2 Pro Combo on August 16th 2021. I also purchased one year of DJI refresh but never thought I needed It. I never thought a brand new product could be faulty right out of the box and thought it was something wrong on my end.

Your team already sent me an email stating that they Conducted Damage Assessment and that it will take 1-3 working days to conduct damage assessment. Please wait patiently...BUT they finished the assesment and never gave me a quote.

here is the email, I followed the link they provided to see the status of my unit but it hasn't been updated yet and It does not show me how much it will cost.

This email is to inform you of the Damage Assessment results for your recent repair order.

Results:
Cx issue(s): No signal;
Test/Action Performed: Connected RavenEye to test mobile device;
Malfunction found: Intermittent connection loss;
Solution: Transmitter main board needed;
Raveneye swap.

So it looks like they will be swapping my Raveneye. But I am hoping I do not have to pay for this "Repair" when it was not working out of the box...
This thing really caused me many headaches and would be unfair for DJI to charge me for the new unit.

2023-8-20
Use props
Nik In The Mud
lvl.3
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 8-20 01:15

Here is another thread I made in this forum over a year ago showing how my Raveneye never even worked back then. But like I said I thought I may have had an incompatible camera.

https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=252881
2023-8-20
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Nik In The Mud Posted at 8-20 07:33
Yes. The DJI Ronin Image Transmission System (Raveneye). I purchased the RSC2 Pro Combo on August 16th 2021. I also purchased one year of DJI refresh but never thought I needed It. I never thought a brand new product could be faulty right out of the box and thought it was something wrong on my end.

Thanks for the detailed information. We will ask the corresponding team to accelerate the process. Hope you can wait for the email update patiently.
2023-8-22
Use props
Nik In The Mud
lvl.3
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 8-22 01:34
Thanks for the detailed information. We will ask the corresponding team to accelerate the process. Hope you can wait for the email update patiently.

will you show them this thread so they can see it was not working in 2021 around when I bought it? paying for the swap is what i am concerned about.

https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=252881
2023-8-22
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Nik In The Mud Posted at 8-22 08:17
will you show them this thread so they can see it was not working in 2021 around when I bought it? paying for the swap is what i am concerned about.

We will note it down on your case, please rest assured.
2023-8-23
Use props
Nik In The Mud
lvl.3
Canada

DJI Mindy Posted at 8-23 03:38
We will note it down on your case, please rest assured.

I just received the quote and it was 125USD which is 170CAD dollars for me. Is there anything you can do for me or is that it?
2023-8-23
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Nik In The Mud Posted at 8-23 12:47
I just received the quote and it was 125USD which is 170CAD dollars for me. Is there anything you can do for me or is that it?

Since the  DJI Ronin RavenEye Image Transmission System is out of warranty period, it needs to pay for the repair. And our team has applied for a corresponding discount for your case. Hope you can consider it.
2023-8-24
Use props
Nik In The Mud
lvl.3
Canada

DJI Mindy Posted at 8-24 00:49
Since the  DJI Ronin RavenEye Image Transmission System is out of warranty period, it needs to pay for the repair. And our team has applied for a corresponding discount for your case. Hope you can consider it.

OMG! DJI actually phoned me to inform me that they will not be charging me anything for the swap.
Thanks DJI, this is why I will be a lifetime customer!
2023-8-24
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Nik In The Mud Posted at 8-24 12:49
OMG! DJI actually phoned me to inform me that they will not be charging me anything for the swap.
Thanks DJI, this is why I will be a lifetime customer!

You're welcome. We notice that the package has been shipped, you can check the tracking number in the email we sent to you. Hope you receive it soon.
2023-8-27
Use props
Nik In The Mud
lvl.3
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 8-27 19:06
You're welcome. We notice that the package has been shipped, you can check the tracking number in the email we sent to you. Hope you receive it soon.

Thanks so much for all your help Mindy. I am sure you had a great deal to do with this and it is much appreciated!
2023-8-28
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Nik In The Mud Posted at 8-28 02:51
Thanks so much for all your help Mindy. I am sure you had a great deal to do with this and it is much appreciated!

It's my pleasure. Please test the unit after you receive it. If there is any issue, please feel free to contact us.
2023-8-29
Use props
Nik In The Mud
lvl.3
Canada

DJI Mindy Posted at 8-29 02:51
It's my pleasure. Please test the unit after you receive it. If there is any issue, please feel free to contact us.

I will test the unit and will report back with a conclusion...Thanks again Mindy!
2023-8-29
Use props
Nik In The Mud
lvl.3
United States

Hi Mindy. I just received a new swapped Raveneye and it still does not work. Why am I having this problem?
2023-8-29
Use props
Nik In The Mud
lvl.3
United States

Here is a new video I made with the new swapped Raveneye I just received today. It doesn't work. What am I doing wrong?
2023-8-29
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Nik In The Mud Posted at 8-29 14:33
Here is a new video I made with the new swapped Raveneye I just received today. It doesn't work. What am I doing wrong?
https://youtu.be/a-EWIJz7B94?si=XAFG0o5y9FrjY6nB

Hi there, you can refer to the tutorial below and try the troubleshooting steps:

1. Check whether the camera firmware meets requirements and whether it is the latest version.
2. Check whether the camera HDMI output is normal (testing method: Connect the camera to another display or monitor using an HDMI cable, and check whether the display or camera can output normally. Check whether the HDMI cable is functioning).
3. Check whether the HDMI video output source format set in the camera is supported by the RavenEye Image Transmission System.
4. Check whether the camera settings are correct (check “Notes” on the DJI Ronin RavenEye Image Transmission System Compatibility List.)
5. Check whether the camera HDMI output settings meet requirements (for Sony cameras).
6. Check whether the Status LED of the RavenEye Image Transmission System is functioning (solid green).
7. When the RavenEye Image Transmission System is powered on, tap the Power button six times to cancel the password of the RavenEye Image Transmission System. Try connecting again.
8. In the mobile phone settings, select to forget the RavenEye Image Transmission System network on the WLAN interface. Enable the mobile phone WLAN again and go back to the Ronin app interface to connect.
9. Go to mobile phone system settings - App settings and check whether permission for the Ronin app has been enabled (The related permissions in positioning, Bluetooth, and WLAN must be enabled).
10. Use another mobile phone and try again.
2023-8-31
Use props
Nik In The Mud
lvl.3
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 8-31 01:11
Hi there, you can refer to the tutorial below and try the troubleshooting steps:

1. Check whether the camera firmware meets requirements and whether it is the latest version.

Mindy...I have tried everything 100x nothing works on my phone, my gfs phone or tablet...before at least it worked sometimes before i got the swap...
2023-8-31
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Nik In The Mud Posted at 8-31 02:38
Mindy...I have tried everything 100x nothing works on my phone, my gfs phone or tablet...before at least it worked sometimes before i got the swap...

May I ask if you've tested the camera HDMI output? Is the camera HDMI output normal?
2023-8-31
Use props
Nik In The Mud
lvl.3
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 8-31 04:05
May I ask if you've tested the camera HDMI output? Is the camera HDMI output normal?

Yes the HDMI output works. The Raveneye is working with my old ipad but that is still not good for me. I cannot afford an iphone to use this thing..
2023-8-31
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Nik In The Mud Posted at 8-31 05:42
Yes the HDMI output works. The Raveneye is working with my old ipad but that is still not good for me. I cannot afford an iphone to use this thing..

If the RavenEye Image Transmission System is working normally with another device, it seems that the issue is not the system. You can reinstall the latest Ronin app to see if it works. If not, please tell us the model and OS version of your phone for further checking. https://www.dji.com/downloads/djiapp/dji-ronin
2023-9-1
Use props
Jilleecox
New

Pakistan

If your gimbal and Raveneye update caused application freezing and connection issues, start by restarting both your gimbal and mobile device. If the problem persists, uninstall and reinstall the appcheck for firmware updates, and clear the app cache. Ensure your device is compatible with the equipment. If these steps do not resolve the issue, contact the manufacturer customer support for further assistance. Additionally for local roof repair services in Oakton Virginia, you can visit the roof repair oakton va website: (https://restonroof.com/oakton-va.php) for more information.
2023-9-5
Use props
Jilleecox
New

Pakistan

OK i'll handle it

2023-9-5
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules