1583 30 2023-5-11
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Ms Ivy
Second Officer
Flight distance : 18907179 ft
United States

May 10th

I was invited to fly at the Johnson County Tennessee Executive Airport. Its a Public airport and open to all pilots.

I also recieve from the airport Manager Autherization to fly the max altitude the mavic3 could fly which was a 1000 meters or 3200+ feet. the airport can pick up my Remote id very well. which is helpful when flying at airports I have been invited come back to fly anytime.

These are just some of the pictures I took mostly panoramics and 4k video this trip which the video's I will post in a later date once i have complied and edit everything

without further to due I present  Johnson County Executive Airport.

Johnson County Executive Airport Panoramic4.jpg

Johnson County Executive Airport 04

Johnson County Executive Airport 04

Johnson County Executive Airport 05

Johnson County Executive Airport 05

Johnson County Executive Airport 01

Johnson County Executive Airport 01

Johnson County Executive Airport 03

Johnson County Executive Airport 03

Johnson County Executive Airport Panoramic4

Johnson County Executive Airport Panoramic4
2023-5-11
Use props
Ms Ivy
Second Officer
United States

These are the 1000 meter pictures

Johnson County Executive Airport Alt 1000 meters 3280.84 feet Panoramic2

Johnson County Executive Airport Alt 1000 meters 3280.84 feet Panoramic.jpg

Johnson County Executive Airport runway pano.jpg
screen-20230511-145950_exported_9698.jpg
2023-5-11
Use props
Ms Ivy
Second Officer
United States

I found a great free pano site this Johnson county airport 1000 meters in 360 pano  https://panoraven.com/en/slider/neYRf65LNn
2023-5-11
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Nice shots Ms Ivy,   and its nice that your rules are so much more relaxed than here,    in the UK an airport cant give permission like that,  we would have to apply for a certificate of exception from the CAA.
2023-5-11
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

Great shots!   Nice that the airport was so accommodating.  
2023-5-12
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

Ms Ivy Posted at 5-11 09:18
These are the 1000 meter pictures
[view_image]
Johnson County Executive Airport Alt 1000 meters 3280.84 feet Panoramic2

Nice high altitude shots.  A bit odd that they change the runway number, especially since all runways are numbered based on the magnetic azimuth (compass bearing) in which it is is oriented.
2023-5-12
Use props
Ms Ivy
Second Officer
United States

DowntownRDB Posted at 5-12 05:16
Nice high altitude shots.  A bit odd that they change the runway number, especially since all runways are numbered based on the magnetic azimuth (compass bearing) in which it is is oriented.

Indeed,   Runway 7 north,south  seems odd to me too considering the airport id number Johnson county 6A4.
Its a small airport mostly for private planes & jets  they have a skydiving group and a huge paragliding group., and they have made some great improvements in the last year like having the runway painted, putting new drainage, 2 new helicopter pads which i was using one  for my drone.
The airport manager Dave Garris had stated to me that he holds large scale RC airplane events and that he had got grant approval to purchase more property for adding more hangers and a runway lights , etc he also said it was prefer that hobby flyers use the airport because he can provide a spotters and he does not have to worry about  some rogue drone pilot interfering with aircraft operations at the airport.
2023-5-12
Use props
Ms Ivy
Second Officer
United States

DAFlys Posted at 5-11 23:29
Nice shots Ms Ivy,   and its nice that your rules are so much more relaxed than here,    in the UK an airport cant give permission like that,  we would have to apply for a certificate of exception from the CAA.

That is what the airport manager gave me a Temporary COA, he was with me with as a VOS he never seen the mavic3 yet   and wanted to see what it was capable of. compared to the airport drones they use for clearing animals off the runway  like deer and Geese.
Oh the mavic 3 top altitude level is a 1000 meters .  500m more than my mini2
2023-5-12
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Ms Ivy Posted at 5-12 07:06
That is what the airport manager gave me a Temporary COA, he was with me with as a VOS he never seen the mavic3 yet   and wanted to see what it was capable of. compared to the airport drones they use for clearing animals off the runway  like deer and Geese.
Oh the mavic 3 top altitude level is a 1000 meters .  500m more than my mini2

It is pretty impressive isn't,   its a shame here we dont have the flexibility.
2023-5-13
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

Ms Ivy Posted at 5-12 07:02
Indeed,   Runway 7 north,south  seems odd to me too considering the airport id number Johnson county 6A4.
Its a small airport mostly for private planes & jets  they have a skydiving group and a huge paragliding group., and they have made some great improvements in the last year like having the runway painted, putting new drainage, 2 new helicopter pads which i was using one  for my drone.
The airport manager Dave Garris had stated to me that he holds large scale RC airplane events and that he had got grant approval to purchase more property for adding more hangers and a runway lights , etc he also said it was prefer that hobby flyers use the airport because he can provide a spotters and he does not have to worry about  some rogue drone pilot interfering with aircraft operations at the airport.

Very nice to have a friendly location to fly at for sure.  Seems the airport manager is very accommodating.
2023-5-13
Use props
Ms Ivy
Second Officer
United States

DowntownRDB Posted at 5-13 02:08
Very nice to have a friendly location to fly at for sure.  Seems the airport manager is very accommodating.

Indeed, Its bee cool to see the RC airplanes when they have em
2023-5-13
Use props
Ms Ivy
Second Officer
United States

DAFlys Posted at 5-13 00:17
It is pretty impressive isn't,   its a shame here we dont have the flexibility.

Yes  very impressive . mavic 3 has more than met my expectations
2023-5-13
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Ms Ivy Posted at 5-13 06:18
Yes  very impressive . mavic 3 has more than met my expectations

I would have been very tempted,  but when the EU gave retrospective classification to the drone the UK pulled out of recognising the classification system and went to weight based rules which means I would have been very limited to where I could fly it.
2023-5-13
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

Ms Ivy Posted at 5-13 06:17
Indeed, Its bee cool to see the RC airplanes when they have em

I wish I could say the same here in my location but it seems the RC airplane owners are not fans of drones flying at their fields.  They allow drone pilots but RC airplanes have priority for air time at their fields.  Hence, why I don't fly there but on a rare occasion.
2023-5-14
Use props
Ms Ivy
Second Officer
United States

DAFlys Posted at 5-13 23:49
I would have been very tempted,  but when the EU gave retrospective classification to the drone the UK pulled out of recognising the classification system and went to weight based rules which means I would have been very limited to where I could fly it.

I see your point.  it would have not been a good investment if you can't fly it. .
the reason I got the Mav3 was because it can handle the wind much better than my mini2 and I like flying in the mountains so the collusion avoidance system was really needed for me  plus sometimes in this area in the higher altitudes the wind can gust a 25-30 wind gust unexpectedly , happens quite regularly and the mavic3 handles win like a champ. I for me the m3 was a good investment
2023-5-14
Use props
Ms Ivy
Second Officer
United States

DowntownRDB Posted at 5-14 02:47
I wish I could say the same here in my location but it seems the RC airplane owners are not fans of drones flying at their fields.  They allow drone pilots but RC airplanes have priority for air time at their fields.  Hence, why I don't fly there but on a rare occasion.

I heard some RC clubs are indifferent to drone pilots, what a shame. they fly large scale rc planes here and some of the rc pilots let the drone pilots do video chase of their models . I have never done it personal. But I love watching them   
2023-5-14
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
Flight distance : 6188465 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Pretty amazing series of shots.  Great that the authorities at the airport were so accommodating.
2023-5-14
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

Ms Ivy Posted at 5-14 05:21
I heard some RC clubs are indifferent to drone pilots, what a shame. they fly large scale rc planes here and some of the rc pilots let the drone pilots do video chase of their models . I have never done it personal. But I love watching them

At least your RC club appears to be drone friendly.    Hope you have a great week.
2023-5-15
Use props
Ms Ivy
Second Officer
United States

Blériot53 Posted at 5-14 22:30
Pretty amazing series of shots.  Great that the authorities at the airport were so accommodating.

Indeed. Its is a Uncontrolled airport , very small mostly for private aircraft, Its a nice place to fly a drone for recreational flying and testing  for sure
2023-5-15
Use props
Ms Ivy
Second Officer
United States

DowntownRDB Posted at 5-15 02:45
At least your RC club appears to be drone friendly.    Hope you have a great week.

I found out a lot of the RC plane pilots also own drones, so they have interest in both types of hobbies
2023-5-15
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
Flight distance : 6188465 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Ms Ivy Posted at 5-15 11:59
Indeed. Its is a Uncontrolled airport , very small mostly for private aircraft, Its a nice place to fly a drone for recreational flying and testing  for sure

Sounds far more laid back and understanding than one might expect.
2023-5-15
Use props
Ms Ivy
Second Officer
United States

They are very nice people
2023-5-15
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

Ms Ivy Posted at 5-15 12:01
I found out a lot of the RC plane pilots also own drones, so they have interest in both types of hobbies

Wish it was like that here also but alas it is not.  They seem to be of the thinking that RC planes are cool and never cause problems and with drones continuously getting negative media coverage they will undoubtedly never change their minds.  No problem as I really have no desire to fly at their club field.
2023-5-16
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Very nice work!
2023-5-16
Use props
HGDC84
Captain
Finland

Well documented and cool planes! Also very nice that they gave you the permission to take these shots.
2023-5-16
Use props
Ms Ivy
Second Officer
United States

DowntownRDB Posted at 5-16 02:51
Wish it was like that here also but alas it is not.  They seem to be of the thinking that RC planes are cool and never cause problems and with drones continuously getting negative media coverage they will undoubtedly never change their minds.  No problem as I really have no desire to fly at their club field.

Let me tell you a exprience I had  
I had this one guy that was at the airport flying his rc plane tell me that drones weren't really RC and should not be allowed to be on the field with the RC's , stating because they use GPS and were unpredictable.
I kindly reply . But they also have a 2.4 & 58 Ghz band radio and smiled as he burned his model into the ground trying to land it    

I didn't say out loud  but i was thinking.  Huh "unpredictable." at least I'll be going home with my drone in 1 piece.
2023-5-17
Use props
Ms Ivy
Second Officer
United States

HGDC84 Posted at 5-16 10:53
Well documented and cool planes! Also very nice that they gave you the permission to take these shots.

Indeed. The Airport Manager was very accommodating, he owns a drone but not a DJI so he had a lot of interest in my mav 3
2023-5-17
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

Ms Ivy Posted at 5-17 06:56
Let me tell you a exprience I had   
I had this one guy that was at the airport flying his rc plane tell me that drones weren't really RC and should not be allowed to be on the field with the RC's , stating because they use GPS and were unpredictable.
I kindly reply . But they also have a 2.4 & 58 Ghz band radio and smiled as he burned his model into the ground trying to land it   

I love that story.  Drone owner gets the last laugh for sure.
2023-5-17
Use props
HGDC84
Captain
Finland

Ms Ivy Posted at 5-17 06:59
Indeed. The Airport Manager was very accommodating, he owns a drone but not a DJI so he had a lot of interest in my mav 3

Shared subjects of interest are a great way to make friends.
2023-5-18
Use props
Codgerzh2
First Officer
Flight distance : 15567024 ft
United Kingdom

Some nice shots there
2023-8-13
Use props
Ms Ivy
Second Officer