Are all ND filters the same?
988 5 2023-5-11
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_zKR5HFX3a2EC
lvl.4
Flight distance : 474537 ft
United States

Hi. I have 0 experience with ND filters. Never use one when i fly my mini 2. My next purchase is the mavic 3 pro. I hear from folks that ND filters is a MUST have. So i look them up. Dji ND filters is $179. Like wth. It comes in 8, 16, 31, 64. Then i search on ebay and came across some ND filters for only $48. That is over 3 times less than dji filters. Are dji ND filter way better or would cheaper ND filter work just as good? If its just brand name that make it expensive. I will just order cheaper one. I dont care about brand names as long as it get the job done.
Screenshot_20230511_124123_Chrome.jpg
Screenshot_20230511_124149_Chrome.jpg
2023-5-11
Use props
The Saint
Second Officer
Flight distance : 5902228 ft
  • >>>
United States

if you are just starting out and what to start learning more about nd filters, it doesn't hurt to buy a few cheaper ones to experiment with.  not all nd filters are created equally but they generally serve the same set of purposes.  unless you are a "professional" or shoot under special circumstances, you probably don't need the best glass but in my opinion, if you are going to spend $ on the mavic 3 pro, you can't go wrong with the dji branded nd filters.  perhaps in the long run when you (and me included because im not the filter expert either) become more knowledgable about how and when to use them properly, we'll own adequate and suitable equipment already.
2023-5-11
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

I've found this to be a great article on ND filters.  I personally like the quality of Freewell ND filters so I normally use that brand on all my drones.  

https://www.bhphotovideo.com/exp ... ral-density-filters
2023-5-11
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. Hope that you could get the best recommendation about the said ND filters from eBay. Just a friendly reminder that we highly recommend using the original brand of ND Filters for DJI Mavic 3 Pro to ensure that it will work properly on the unit as this set of accessories are well tested on our facility. Should you have other inquiries, please don't hesitate to reach us. Have a nice day ahead!
2023-5-11
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

No they are not all the same,  some will have a colour cast or a vignette.
2023-5-11
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Probably not.
2023-5-16
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now