Well That Was A Waste Of Money ** Samples Added **
2048 33 2023-5-11
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
MS
Second Officer
Flight distance : 54469 ft
United Kingdom

My Mavic 3 Pro RC Pro Bundle arrived today.
But I think the drone was made on a Friday afternoon.
The image quality is utter shirt (minus the R), nothing is razor sharp, photos and video are just mushy at best. It's like there's a phone screen protector being used.
Certain areas of the photos are worse than other areas. There also looks to be a dust spec beneath the main lens.
The Mini 3 Pro blows it away, and I'm being serious.

Apart from the camera, the drone and remote are excellent. FW is up to date.
I'll post some raw photo and video samples, tomorrow if the weather is fine.

******** Edit - Samples Added ********
This is a Google Drive link to the samples https://drive.google.com/drive/f ... 29Rf?usp=share_link

Video Files 01.MP4 to 04.MP4 were taken today (13th May). 01 is Normal 02 is HLG 03 is D-Log and 04 is D-Log M
The camera was set to manual. ISO (100), F stop (f5) and WB were locked.
The footage looks far better than footage taken on the 11th May). That footage was shot in Auto (F2) and manual WB.

There are there DNG files, 'DJI_20230513124117_0001_D' (1x camera) and 'DJI_20230513124136_0006_D' (3x camera) where taken today using manual mode (F5), locked ISO and WB.
The 11th May DNG was taken on the 11th May, every Auto (F2), but manal WB.

The two JPEGS files (Sample Photo 1 & 2) are where I have marked areas, which to me, don't look sharp in comparison to the rest of the image.
Please study the ares marked in the Sample Photos on the 'DJI_20230513124117_0001_D' & '11-May-2023.

In summary, a massive improvement today, compared to footage from the 11th. Whether using F5 instead was a factor?

2023-5-11
Use props
The Saint
First Officer
Flight distance : 5902228 ft
  • >>>
United States

well, that sucks.  i guess i should really make an effort to go fly mine this weekend (just in case i have a bad one) since i just activated today.  box label shows 2023/4.

when you said "fw is up to date" did you have to install new fw?  because i thought all day one models come straight with the latest sw.....
you are asking for an exchange, right?
2023-5-11
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

Dang, that's really bad to hear that.  Sounds like it needs to go back for a replacement.  
2023-5-11
Use props
TonyPHX
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 11229610 ft
  • >>>
United States

Could you share some examples of what you are seeing?  It is hard to understand what you are describing.
2023-5-11
Use props
djiuser_zKR5HFX3a2EC
lvl.4
Flight distance : 474537 ft
United States

No way the mini 3 pro beat the mavic 3 pro. The mavic 3 pro is the better drone. Mini 3 pro doesn't come close and I am serious.
2023-5-11
Use props
The Saint
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

djiuser_zKR5HFX3a2EC Posted at 5-11 16:27
No way the mini 3 pro beat the mavic 3 pro. The mavic 3 pro is the better drone. Mini 3 pro doesn't come close and I am serious.

we know.  i believe the poster is insinuating that he rec'd a defective product based on the ancient "friday" reference.
https://jalopnik.com/should-i-av ... y-or-a-f-1845774311
2023-5-11
Use props
TonyPHX
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

The Saint Posted at 5-11 16:28
we know.  i believe the poster is insinuating that he rec'd a defective product based on the ancient "friday" reference.
https://jalopnik.com/should-i-avoid-buying-a-new-car-made-on-a-monday-or-a-f-1845774311

lol, right?   
2023-5-11
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out and we're sorry for the unpleasant experience. Kindly please provide a sample video or images showing the issue so we can check and help you further with your inquiry. Please keep us posted. Thank you.
2023-5-11
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Can you share some samples?
2023-5-11
Use props
Suren
Captain
Flight distance : 13425892 ft
  • >>>
New Zealand

Well that sucks. I just read another post about camera shake when fully zoomed in on the Mavic 3 Pro. Maybe a FW will fix that. Sorry to say but I am lucky I did not jump into this one early like I do with other drones.
2023-5-12
Use props
CanonMax
Second Officer
Flight distance : 8953215 ft
  • >>>
Italy

Making a statement like this without posting photo and video samples is maybe not the way to make us exactly understand what you mean…
2023-5-12
Use props
djiuser_zKR5HFX3a2EC
lvl.4
United States

Suren Posted at 5-12 00:05
Well that sucks. I just read another post about camera shake when fully zoomed in on the Mavic 3 Pro. Maybe a FW will fix that. Sorry to say but I am lucky I did not jump into this one early like I do with other drones.

Have you even zoom something in at 28x? Any tiny movement will make the video look like its shaking. I have a s22 phone and can zoom in 100x and it will shake like an earthquake even when im holding it steady. I also try at 28x zoom on my s22 and it still shake. That is because you are zoom in so much any tiny movement will be seen in the recording as big movement.
2023-5-12
Use props
KLRSKIR
Second Officer
Flight distance : 28368625 ft
  • >>>
United States

djiuser_zKR5HFX3a2EC Posted at 5-12 05:00
Have you even zoom something in at 28x? Any tiny movement will make the video look like its shaking. I have a s22 phone and can zoom in 100x and it will shake like an earthquake even when im holding it steady. I also try at 28x zoom on my s22 and it still shake. That is because you are zoom in so much any tiny movement will be seen in the recording as big movement.

Sounds like your S22 needs a good gimbal.

Seriously though, my M3 Cine does just fine at full zoom.
2023-5-12
Use props
MS
Second Officer
United Kingdom

Sorry for the delay in posting the samples.
I haven't had time for far. Family medical and car problems to sort out first.
I'll post them ASAP.
2023-5-12
Use props
Suren
Captain
  • >>>
New Zealand

djiuser_zKR5HFX3a2EC Posted at 5-12 05:00
Have you even zoom something in at 28x? Any tiny movement will make the video look like its shaking. I have a s22 phone and can zoom in 100x and it will shake like an earthquake even when im holding it steady. I also try at 28x zoom on my s22 and it still shake. That is because you are zoom in so much any tiny movement will be seen in the recording as big movement.

Get a Mavic 3 original and then come back to me with a reply. That drone has no issues at max zoom 28X
2023-5-12
Use props
The Saint
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

uh, i have to ask:  are you looking at the low res video (lrf) clips?  ;)
2023-5-12
Use props
TonyPHX
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

MS Posted at 5-12 07:07
Sorry for the delay in posting the samples.
I haven't had time for far. Family medical and car problems to sort out first.
I'll post them ASAP.

Hope medical problems get sorted ok.
2023-5-12
Use props
Hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Ever thought it might be user error. Maybe put samples up and settings etc. the Mavic 3 is by far a better camera than mini pro , so its either user error or a dud.
2023-5-12
Use props
djiuser_zKR5HFX3a2EC
lvl.4
United States

Suren Posted at 5-12 12:26
Get a Mavic 3 original and then come back to me with a reply. That drone has no issues at max zoom 28X

Why would i buy a mavic 3 original when i have the mavic 3 pro? Doesn't make sense. Lol
20230512_182153.jpg
2023-5-12
Use props
Suren
Captain
  • >>>
New Zealand

djiuser_zKR5HFX3a2EC Posted at 5-12 15:24
Why would i buy a mavic 3 original when i have the mavic 3 pro? Doesn't make sense. Lol

Nice drone, hope it does not shake on max zoom LOL
2023-5-12
Use props
Burt37
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4009 ft
Australia

djiuser_zKR5HFX3a2EC Posted at 5-12 15:24

You are right... It is too late for you...

Thanks for doing the R&D for the rest of us... I do honestly appreciate it...
2023-5-12
Use props
MS
Second Officer
United Kingdom

Sample footage added in post 1.
2023-5-13
Use props
Crio
Second Officer
Flight distance : 67713 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

MS Posted at 5-13 06:41
Sample footage added in post 1.

Same issue here! The blurred spot is in the same place of the frame
2023-5-22
Use props
flojo
lvl.4
Flight distance : 42175 ft
  • >>>
Germany

I looked at the 11-May-2023.DNG and I think the blurriness is too much on the right side. I think on the left it is average. And I agree, you have some blurry spots and those should not be there. But, you will not get a sharp image from center to edge with any drone/wide angle lens, at least not in this price range. When you go the DJI website and download the sample footage from those orange mountains (the first samples you see on the teaser website), look at the blurriness at the corners. It is heavy. I noticed the same with every Mavic 3 Model that I could test in the past years. None of it had the same sharpness at the edges as the center of the frame had. Maybe there are some lucky buyers who disagree and have a perfect lens, I would love to hear from them or see sample photos.

2023-5-22
Use props
MS
Second Officer
United Kingdom

Thank you all for the additional help
2023-5-22
Use props
Drone Buddy
lvl.4
Flight distance : 280860 ft
United Kingdom

Before delcaring the cameras faulty, it might be good to pay attention if you touch the RC screen and where when you start flying because the cameras focus on that area/object. I had the same experience with my Mini 3 Pro yesterday - the pics and video looked good on the screen until I downloaded them and remembered touching the screen so it focused on a certain area so the pics were not clear enough. And, yes, they were kind of blury on the edges. However, the pics from the previous flight were ok.

I am not saying the drone may not have issues but it's good ti isolate all posible unintentional user errors before contacting DJI. After all, it will save everyone a lot of time.
2023-5-23
Use props
MS
Second Officer
United Kingdom

Drone Buddy Posted at 5-23 22:58
Before delcaring the cameras faulty, it might be good to pay attention if you touch the RC screen and where when you start flying because the cameras focus on that area/object. I had the same experience with my Mini 3 Pro yesterday - the pics and video looked good on the screen until I downloaded them and remembered touching the screen so it focused on a certain area so the pics were not clear enough. And, yes, they were kind of blury on the edges. However, the pics from the previous flight were ok.

I am not saying the drone may not have issues but it's good ti isolate all posible unintentional user errors before contacting DJI. After all, it will save everyone a lot of time.

I'm not the only person with the issue. And I can promise I wasn't touching their screen in the same place
2023-5-24
Use props
Drone Buddy
lvl.4
Flight distance : 280860 ft
United Kingdom

MS Posted at 5-24 03:22
I'm not the only person with the issue. And I can promise I wasn't touching their screen in the same place

I believe you have an issue but I was just trying to see if there is anything else you could do to check what's going on. I saw the video. Pretty strange behavior.
2023-5-24
Use props
chrisvomradio
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3241519 ft
Germany

I guess the secret is, to process the DNG files. I don't see any problem here. In fact these images are sharp af

2023-5-25
Use props
MS
Second Officer
United Kingdom

chrisvomradio Posted at 5-25 00:16
I guess the secret is, to process the DNG files. I don't see any problem here. In fact these images are sharp af  

[view_image]

Yes, that area might be sharp.
But if you kindly look at the 'Sample-Photo' example file from the Google Drive link,  you'll see the areas I've marked as being soft.

2023-5-25
Use props
djiuser_zKR5HFX3a2EC
lvl.4
United States

I don't get why ppl choose to spend thousands on a drone and then complain its not perfect. Sure the mavic 3 pro isn't perfect but it is a great drone. People have high expectations on the mavic 3 pro and when they get it, it is not as they think it will be. Maybe don't have such high expectations? Lol. The mavic 3 pro is good as it is. No need to change anything. Seem like this is buyers remorse.
2023-5-25
Use props
Hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

MS Posted at 5-25 09:18
Yes, that area might be sharp.
But if you kindly look at the 'Sample-Photo' example file from the Google Drive link,  you'll see the areas I've marked as being soft.

Settings will have effect on your photos. Too slow shutter speed can lead to soft spots on photos.
2023-5-25
Use props
MS
Second Officer
United Kingdom

Hallmark007 Posted at 5-25 11:28
Settings will have effect on your photos. Too slow shutter speed can lead to soft spots on photos.

I'll take your word for it. But it doesn't sound plausible.
The "housing photo" example was 1/500 second.
2023-5-25
Use props
Hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

MS Posted at 5-25 11:53
I'll take your word for it. But it doesn't sound plausible.
The "housing photo" example was 1/500 second.

The housing photo above has nothing wrong with it from what I see. I think problems with lens will show up in every shot. I don’t know because I haven’t tried new FW but maybe this “might” help your situation.
2023-5-25
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules