939 6 2023-5-11
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
gary h
lvl.2
Flight distance : 4833747 ft
  • >>>
United States

I just upgraded to the Mavic 3 pro from the Mavic 3, and noticed something interesting with the cameras. With the regular, Mavic 3, when fully zoomed in, or any focal length, for that matter, there is no perceivable camera shake. On the Mavic 3 pro, there is perceivable camera shake. You can see the camera drift, left and right and up and down and just kind of wander all over the place, not a major problem for just looking through the camera, but taking pictures with a super slow shutter speed, may blur images, and certainly any time- delayed photos will be negatively impacted. Has anybody else noticed the camera shake on the Mavic 3 pro. Try zooming all the way in and looking at something like a house across the street or a road sign, and see if you don’t see substantial random movements. I realize the camera and gimbal system is significantly heavier on the newer drone, but I still would expect it to be adequately stable. Note that both tests were conducted in very calm atmosphere with no winds.
2023-5-11
Use props
Suren
Captain
Flight distance : 13498560 ft
  • >>>
New Zealand

That does not sound good. Maybe report it to Dji Support and log a ticket.
2023-5-12
Use props
Milleker
lvl.2
Flight distance : 280495 ft
  • >>>
United States

Is this the type of shake  you're experiencing? Video from QIN Dynasty Drones. Shake starts at 0:17. Top down on a house, doubt that's 7x.
https://youtu.be/K_RCekgawXM?t=17

Haven't taken mine up to test yet, but that will be the first thing I check.
2023-5-12
Use props
gary h
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

Milleker Posted at 5-12 12:47
Is this the type of shake  you're experiencing? Video from QIN Dynasty Drones. Shake starts at 0:17. Top down on a house, doubt that's 7x.
https://youtu.be/K_RCekgawXM?t=17

No, that's not quite the same type of shake. Yours looks to me more like a distorted, liquid-type image. Mine is just the camera moving around, like there is mild air turbulence. I also note that I don't get it at the same movement strength all they time. Sometimes it moves more than others. All measurements at maximum digital zoom of 28x. Again, my old Mavic 3 doesn't seem to exhibit this at all. I'll keep testing.
2023-5-12
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out and we're sorry for the trouble. Can you please upload a video showing the issue so we can check it further? You may upload the video via Google Drive or Youtube and send the link here. Please keep us posted. Thank you.
2023-5-12
Use props
gary h
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

DJI Paladin Posted at 5-12 21:08
Hi there. Thank you for reaching out and we're sorry for the trouble. Can you please upload a video showing the issue so we can check it further? You may upload the video via Google Drive or Youtube and send the link here. Please keep us posted. Thank you.

I've been testing and comparing the Mavic 3 Pro to the Mavic 3. It seems that I might be experiencing a problem associated with the amount of lighting is falling on the subject. Although the Mavic 3 seems to be rock-steady even in less-brilliant light, the Mavic 3 Pro only seems to "wiggle around" a bit when the lighting conditions are much darker. It's now bright sunlight here, and both drones are rock-steady at maximum zoom. So I will play with the new drone a bit more, but I don't think this is a problem that I need to worry about. After all, I won't be taking long-term exposures in low lighting conditions at 28x magnification.

Thanks.
2023-5-13
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

gary h Posted at 5-13 12:50
I've been testing and comparing the Mavic 3 Pro to the Mavic 3. It seems that I might be experiencing a problem associated with the amount of lighting is falling on the subject. Although the Mavic 3 seems to be rock-steady even in less-brilliant light, the Mavic 3 Pro only seems to "wiggle around" a bit when the lighting conditions are much darker. It's now bright sunlight here, and both drones are rock-steady at maximum zoom. So I will play with the new drone a bit more, but I don't think this is a problem that I need to worry about. After all, I won't be taking long-term exposures in low lighting conditions at 28x magnification.

Thanks.

Thank you for keeping us posted. Should you have other inquiries, please don't hesitate to reach us. Thank you for always choosing DJI! Have a nice day ahead.
2023-5-14
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules