Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Blériot53 Posted at 5-15 23:39
I spent yesterday morning playing catchup.  It's amazing how much accumulates in 4 days

I had 4 passes of replies and that was without having 4 days off.
2023-5-16
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
Flight distance : 6188465 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DAFlys Posted at 5-16 23:06
I had 4 passes of replies and that was without having 4 days off.

I'm just about up to date now. Dull here but dry this morning.
2023-5-16
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 5-16 03:23
Very nice that you were able to automate it as much as you did.  Nothing worse than losing data so always great to have a viable back-up process in place.

Sync back is free and has a lot of power,  the paid version is even better but for most people the free version is plenty.
2023-5-16
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Montfrooij Posted at 5-16 10:33
Like a crown.
Very nice!

Good description monty.  
2023-5-16
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

DAFlys Posted at 5-16 23:40
Good description monty.

2023-5-16
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Blériot53 Posted at 5-16 23:16
I'm just about up to date now. Dull here but dry this morning.

Full sun here this morning but a little cool which was fine,   but sadly nothing inspiring out there today
2023-5-16
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 5-16 23:25
Sync back is free and has a lot of power,  the paid version is even better but for most people the free version is plenty.

No sense paying for the full version if the free version fits your needs.
2023-5-17
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 5-16 23:56
Full sun here this morning but a little cool which was fine,   but sadly nothing inspiring out there today

Had a nice surprise this morning.  I got my coffee and took a walk to the stern and all of a sudden I spot this really large eagle perched in a tree about 10 meters away.  It's rare to see an eagle here so I went and got my camera.  by the time I returned to the stern he had departed.  I'm hoping he will make a return visit.
2023-5-17
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 5-17 03:31
Had a nice surprise this morning.  I got my coffee and took a walk to the stern and all of a sudden I spot this really large eagle perched in a tree about 10 meters away.  It's rare to see an eagle here so I went and got my camera.  by the time I returned to the stern he had departed.  I'm hoping he will make a return visit.

Halfway through reading that I thought. Nooo he went for the airhorn.  .  
2023-5-17
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 5-17 05:52
Halfway through reading that I thought. Nooo he went for the airhorn.  .

No, no air horn for something as amazing as an eagle.  Gulls - sure - air horn as often as needed.  I'm really hoping to see him again as he was really majestic.  
2023-5-17
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 5-17 12:10
No, no air horn for something as amazing as an eagle.  Gulls - sure - air horn as often as needed.  I'm really hoping to see him again as he was really majestic.

There is something lovely about birds of prey.  

I tried to capture the owl this morning -

2023-5-17
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 5-17 23:35
There is something lovely about birds of prey.  

I tried to capture the owl this morning -

Wow, that's a great capture DA.  
2023-5-18
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 5-18 03:08
Wow, that's a great capture DA.

It is plastic you know.  
2023-5-18
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 5-18 23:13
It is plastic you know.

I knew that but it has a real life-like appearance to it, not just some cheap imitation or a not so good carving.  They say owls scare away lots of other birds.  Maybe I need to get one and see if it will keep the gulls away.  
2023-5-19
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 5-19 11:31
I knew that but it has a real life-like appearance to it, not just some cheap imitation or a not so good carving.  They say owls scare away lots of other birds.  Maybe I need to get one and see if it will keep the gulls away.

Some places here have a bird on a wire that flys when the wind blows for that.
2023-5-20
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 5-20 01:52
Some places here have a bird on a wire that flys when the wind blows for that.

That's sounds like something I might need to look into.
2023-5-20
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 5-20 03:40
That's sounds like something I might need to look into.

This is the sort of thing,  although I had assumed they were cheaper.

https://www.pestfix.co.uk/hawk-kite-bird-scarer-kit.asp
2023-5-20
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 5-20 23:31
This is the sort of thing,  although I had assumed they were cheaper.

Watching that video makes it seem like a real bird flying.  No doubt that would be effective.  I see a few on Amazon that are much cheaper but not sure if they are as lifelike or perform as well.  
2023-5-21
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 5-21 04:20
Watching that video makes it seem like a real bird flying.  No doubt that would be effective.  I see a few on Amazon that are much cheaper but not sure if they are as lifelike or perform as well.

We see a different type in farmers fields near here,    they are much larger and look like the dementors in Harry Potter.   They always give us a big smile.
2023-5-22
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 5-22 00:20
We see a different type in farmers fields near here,    they are much larger and look like the dementors in Harry Potter.   They always give us a big smile.

Now that is probably the size I need then to scare of the gulls around here.  Had to deploy the air horn again this morning as they thought my dock was there home base.  
2023-5-22
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 5-22 11:55
Now that is probably the size I need then to scare of the gulls around here.  Had to deploy the air horn again this morning as they thought my dock was there home base.

Im going to have to break out the pressure washer here too,   the starlings have been trying to steal the fat balls for the bus tits and they have left a huge mess over the patio.    We've had to remove the food as the poor blue tits that need it at the moment dont get a look in.  
2023-5-24
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 5-24 00:09
Im going to have to break out the pressure washer here too,   the starlings have been trying to steal the fat balls for the bus tits and they have left a huge mess over the patio.    We've had to remove the food as the poor blue tits that need it at the moment dont get a look in.

Guess the starlings aren't willing to share.  My pressure washer is one of the better buys I made as it comes in handy all the time, especially with the gulls in this area.  Despite using the air horn they do return every couple of days but that beats them being here daily.  
2023-5-24
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 5-24 03:05
Guess the starlings aren't willing to share.  My pressure washer is one of the better buys I made as it comes in handy all the time, especially with the gulls in this area.  Despite using the air horn they do return every couple of days but that beats them being here daily.

When the starling appear they come in mass.    Usually at least 100 will show up and they all vi for the best position.  
2023-5-24
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 5-24 23:45
When the starling appear they come in mass.    Usually at least 100 will show up and they all vi for the best position.

Wow, that's a lot of birds showing up at the same time.  
2023-5-25
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 5-25 03:18
Wow, that's a lot of birds showing up at the same time.

The starlings are terrible for that,   you see them enmass on power lines and they also make a huge mess.    Ive watched them quite a bit and they seem to send out scouts to find food,  then they go and then hundreds arrive to eat.
2023-5-25
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 5-25 23:47
The starlings are terrible for that,   you see them enmass on power lines and they also make a huge mess.    Ive watched them quite a bit and they seem to send out scouts to find food,  then they go and then hundreds arrive to eat.

Interesting as I never knew that birds used "scouts".  No doubt a good idea vice all hunting for something to eat individually.  
2023-5-26
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 5-26 03:07
Interesting as I never knew that birds used "scouts".  No doubt a good idea vice all hunting for something to eat individually.

Im not sure if thats a thing,  it's just what I think I observed.
2023-5-26
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 5-26 04:44
Im not sure if thats a thing,  it's just what I think I observed.

No, it does seem like an adaptation that they would take.  Ants are known to do something similar, or at least that is what I read.  
2023-5-26
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 5-26 13:20
No, it does seem like an adaptation that they would take.  Ants are known to do something similar, or at least that is what I read.

Interesting you mention Ants,  I have a little Ant farm project planned after I got some clear perpex sheeting recently for free,  the pieces are all quite small so I shall just make a very small one to start with.   Im not sure SHMBOd is to keen on the idea.  
2023-5-27
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 5-27 23:48
Interesting you mention Ants,  I have a little Ant farm project planned after I got some clear perpex sheeting recently for free,  the pieces are all quite small so I shall just make a very small one to start with.   Im not sure SHMBOd is to keen on the idea.

Sounds like an "outdoor" project to me.    Maybe SHMBO is thinking the same way.  
2023-5-28
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 5-28 16:37
Sounds like an "outdoor" project to me.    Maybe SHMBO is thinking the same way.

I will collect them from the outside.
2023-5-29
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 5-29 00:29
I will collect them from the outside.

2023-5-29
Use props