Shaky hyperlapse
610 9 2023-5-12
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
umonkey
lvl.2
Flight distance : 26512 ft
Armenia

Hello.  When I record a hyperlapse with Pocket 2, the resulting video is noticeably shaking.  The camera is fixed on a tripod, with some weight added.  Focus is set to AFS, so it's not refocusing.  But still it is shaking.  Does anyone know what to do with this?  Example video below.  It was filmed portrait, then cropped to portrait.

https://www.youtube.com/shorts/isCw9d5_amk
2023-5-12
Use props
Curt1591
First Officer
United States

Judging by the clouds, it seems it might be a bit windy. There could be gusts buffeting the head.
Maybe try an indoor timelapse and see if it still shakes.
2023-5-12
Use props
umonkey
lvl.2
Armenia

Curt1591 Posted at 5-12 02:01
Judging by the clouds, it seems it might be a bit windy. There could be gusts buffeting the head.
Maybe try an indoor timelapse and see if it still shakes.

Hey Curt.  Thanks for the advice.  I did an indoor test and it still moves.

2023-5-12
Use props
Curt1591
First Officer
United States

Yes; although not as noticeable, it still has movement.

Have you recalibrated?
2023-5-12
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out and we're sorry for the trouble. Kindly please perform the gimbal calibration on your unit to ensure the stability of the gimbal when in use. Please note that this is a normal gimbal movement phenomenon. The gimbal will become temporarily powerless after every photo is captured, and it will then restart and point to the position of the next target when capturing the following picture. The gimbal movement will not affect the stability of the Motionlapse. Please avoid touching the gimbal during Motionlapse. Thank you for your understanding.
2023-5-12
Use props
Curt1591
First Officer
United States

If movement is "normal" for the Pocket 2, I'm glad I got the original Pocket:

2023-5-12
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

I have to say I only use motion timelapses, so I would have to try if my P2 does this.
2023-5-16
Use props
umonkey
lvl.2
Armenia

Thanks everyone.  I found that this only happens in Hyperlapse mode.  Which is apparently designed for filming timelapses on the go, so I misunderstood it.  In the actual Timelapse mode, the picture is still, as expected.
2023-5-22
Use props
Curt1591
First Officer
United States

Here I thought you simply used the wrong terminology, not the wrong mode. It's probably the gimbal working to stay oriented. But, without movement, it shows as shake.
2023-5-22
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

umonkey Posted at 5-22 01:12
Thanks everyone.  I found that this only happens in Hyperlapse mode.  Which is apparently designed for filming timelapses on the go, so I misunderstood it.  In the actual Timelapse mode, the picture is still, as expected.

We're glad that you sort it out. Should you have other inquiries or concerns, please don't hesitate to reach us. Have a nice day ahead!
2023-5-28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules