DJI Simulator for Windows POS
1082 6 2023-5-12
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
dynamo
lvl.2
United States

DJI Simulator for Windows is a big POS.
Controller interface is nothing but bugs and flaws.
Buttons don't work.
The latest version doesn't support FPV or Avata.

DJI support is POS.
Still Hobby mode and nothing but hacks.

2023-5-12
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, dynamo. Thank you for reaching out. Are you pertaining to DJI Flight Simulator or DJI Virtual Flight? Can you please provide more details about the issues you're experiencing for further checking? Thank you.
2023-5-12
Use props
HDPS
Second Officer
Flight distance : 44957 ft
  • >>>
United States

When I started, I never liked any simulator, in reality things are very different. Best way to start FPV is with a cheap little quad without any of flight controller gimmicks that actually fly the drone for you. Get a  small 55 grams drone, many to choose with goggle and everything under $300. Lots of fun, small, fast and because is light weight is hard to break.   Once you find out that you MUST be always moving with FPV drone in Acro mode, you will be zipping around easy
2023-5-12
Use props
dynamo
lvl.2
United States

HDPS Posted at 5-12 10:43
When I started, I never liked any simulator, in reality things are very different. Best way to start FPV is with a cheap little quad without any of flight controller gimmicks that actually fly the drone for you. Get a  small 55 grams drone, many to choose with goggle and everything under $300. Lots of fun, small, fast and because is light weight is hard to break.   Once you find out that you MUST be always moving with FPV drone in Acro mode, you will be zipping around easy

yes..thats a good point. AND I do have a small/cheap drone to practice with also.
However, it only has 3-4 mins of flight time and I have to chase down crashes.

So, trying to learn to fly in manual mode at 3-4 mins at time chasing down crashes would not be reasonable.
2023-5-12
Use props
DubSound
Second Officer
Flight distance : 104459 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

HDPS Posted at 5-12 10:43
When I started, I never liked any simulator, in reality things are very different. Best way to start FPV is with a cheap little quad without any of flight controller gimmicks that actually fly the drone for you. Get a  small 55 grams drone, many to choose with goggle and everything under $300. Lots of fun, small, fast and because is light weight is hard to break.   Once you find out that you MUST be always moving with FPV drone in Acro mode, you will be zipping around easy

I wouldn't say starting on a tinywhoop is a great way to start to learn. The flight characteristics of say a tinywhoop are completely different to one of a 3.5" or 5".

I'd learn with something a little bit bigger like a toothpick or a 3" like the DarwinFPV BabyApe.
2023-5-26
Use props
HDPS
Second Officer
Flight distance : 44957 ft
  • >>>
United States

DubSound Posted at 5-26 02:35
I wouldn't say starting on a tinywhoop is a great way to start to learn. The flight characteristics of say a tinywhoop are completely different to one of a 3.5" or 5".

I'd learn with something a little bit bigger like a toothpick or a 3" like the DarwinFPV BabyApe.

Everyone has different opinions, my son started with a $300 combo and after 10 batteries he was zipping that little guy, when I handled my drones to him he had zero problem flying them. Also, you need think about the budget, starting on a 5" drone which is heavier and way more prone to break if crash....and crashing is part of learning, you still need to get a Goggles and batteries it will be a lot to invest on something to start, but, that's make sense to me.
2023-5-26
Use props
DubSound
Second Officer
Flight distance : 104459 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

HDPS Posted at 5-26 12:48
Everyone has different opinions, my son started with a $300 combo and after 10 batteries he was zipping that little guy, when I handled my drones to him he had zero problem flying them. Also, you need think about the budget, starting on a 5" drone which is heavier and way more prone to break if crash....and crashing is part of learning, you still need to get a Goggles and batteries it will be a lot to invest on something to start, but, that's make sense to me.

Totally agree man, it can be about preference as well I suppose. Genuinely though, I found it more difficult to tame a tinywhoop than it was to learn with 3", but each to their own. It's all about having fun at the end of the day so do what you feel you will enjoy
2023-5-27
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules