o(^-^)o
Timmis
lvl.1
Flight distance : 148077 ft
  • >>>
Germany

Hello everyone!
comprehension question:

According to the technical data, the L1 RGB camera should use a mechanical and an electronic shutter.

Can I tell the system in the settings that the mechanical shutter should always be used?
(if I stay below the mentioned threshold of 1/2000)

Background: If the L1 is "misused" for photogrammetry then I want to make sure only the mechanical shutter is used?

Greetings in the forum!
Tim
2023-5-12
Use props
LV_Forestry
First Officer
Flight distance : 4726654 ft
Latvia

I also never understood this story of electronic and mechanical shutter.
In the camera menu you can choose mechanical shutter or not.
1.JPG
But I have no idea of the real influence on the images. In the Exif I found nothing about the type of shutter used. Its speed yes.
Another mystical function that is not documented anywhere, or else well hidden.

@DJI Natalia , you'll find the answer I'm sure.

2023-5-12
Use props
JesseG
lvl.2
Flight distance : 19941 ft

United States

As said above, select it in the camera settings. If you will be using it for photogrammetry also turn off the "dewarping" or you will get poor results. The "mechanical shutter" is a physical shutter, think of it as a curtain that opens only for the set shutter speed (eg. 1/2000 of a second) and then closes while the full sensor is gathering data. The "electronic shutter" is simply when the physical shutter stays open all the time and the sensor just reads for the allotted shutter speed (eg. 1/2000 of a second). The mechanical shutter is better since it opens and closes rapidly where as the electronic shutter reads from the top of the sensor down pixel by pixel and can lead to what is called a "rolling shutter" effect. For more info you can rad about it here. https://photographylife.com/mechanical-electronic-shutter-efcs
2023-5-17
Use props
Timmis
lvl.1
Flight distance : 148077 ft
  • >>>
Germany

Thank you for the help and the nice information.
The functioning of sensor and shutter types is well known. also that equalization "only produces visually nice images" and that image information is lost (because the incident light hits a generally rectangular sensor through a round lens).

I just couldn't find the right submenu in the view - although I thought I had "rummaged through" all the settings multiple times... ;-)
2023-5-19
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules