Round the world trip, seeking tips & advice!
739 2 2023-5-12
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
oncearound
lvl.1
Flight distance : 79426 ft
United States

I've recently started a round the world trip, with my Mini 3 Pro and RC-N1, and I'm just looking for anyone with any tips and advice, as this is my first drone and I'm fairly new to this.

We started about 3 weeks ago in Iceland, where I flew the drone a bunch of times and captured some absolutely breathtaking footage — as well as getting to grips with learning to fly! After having done a few test flights in relatively safe environments, I launched from a roadside layby on the side of a cliff, and sent the drone out over the sea — I can tell you I was sweating bullets!! Anyways, it's all been worth it, and thoroughly enjoying my purchase!

After Iceland, we were in Canada (for a road trip from Toronto, through Montreal to Ottawa and Quebec City). To be honest, I didn't get to fly the drone much in Canada, apart from a few stops when we were outside of the cities. My research into drone laws informed me that most cities and national parks in Canada aren't really drone friendly. After Canada, we were 3 days in the heart of New York City, and now we're currently in Washington DC — neither of which are drone friendly either, so it's stayed in the bag.

We're heading into the Caribbean in a few days, starting in Jamaica — I'm hoping there will be more opportunities while I'm there.

All of the rules and regulations I've typically found refer to "drones" in general, but make no provision for "micro drones", which I believe the M3P qualifies as.

Equipment-wise, the only "add-on" I got for the mini 3 pro has been a Freewell Circular Polarizer, which I keep mounted.

I'd be interested if anyone has any tips regarding:

• first-hand experience flying the mini 3 pro in countries like: Jamaica, Cuba, Costa Rica, Colombia, Peru, Chile
  • tips on photography, lenses (not to start a flame war, but are ND filters worth it? My research landed me on "no", but I'm a self-professed noob at this)
  • good ideas for shot lists
  • any other tips!

Those are just some of my questions, but I'm looking forward to hearing from those of you with more experience than me, on how I can get the most out of my drone while on this once-in-a-lifetime trip!
2023-5-12
Use props
CBasualdo
lvl.1

Argentina

Regarding Argentina, you only have to keep your drone above 120 meters, as in a lot of places. As always, be far from airports. But for recreaction you don't need anything else.
2023-6-2
Use props
CBasualdo
lvl.1

Argentina

CBasualdo Posted at 6-2 10:47
Regarding Argentina, you only have to keep your drone above 120 meters, as in a lot of places. As always, be far from airports. But for recreaction you don't need anything else.

And if you need any information or have any questions about Argentina, feel free to contact me!

Good luck with your amazing trip!
2023-6-2
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules