Why does my Goggles 2 show "No SD card" on the main screen
2028 7 2023-5-12
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_oxGsWbPgguEK
lvl.2
Flight distance : 21089 ft
New Zealand

I upgraded my Goggles 2 to V1.06.00.00 today and already noticed a couple of issues.
One issue is that always shows a "No SD card" message on the right had side of the main screen.   But I can still view the videos that "only" exists on that SD card.   So there is defininetely an SD card in it.   The message is just wrong.

I also have a problem where I cannot record video from the Vista unit in the Goggles 2 DVR.  It seems like I can only record video from the Avata.   Really dissapointed as the video feed from the Vista is perfect.   But if I cannot record it, then it misses the whole point why I bought it.

2023-5-12
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi there. Thanks for reaching out, and apologies for the inconvenience. Can you confirm what specific SD card you're using? And have you tried formatting it? About the recording issue with the Vista unit, are you getting any error messages with it? We will be waiting for your confirmation. Thank you.
2023-5-13
Use props
djiuser_oxGsWbPgguEK
lvl.2
New Zealand

The SD card is a Samsung Evo Plus 64 Gb.      But I honestly do not think the problem lies with the SIM card.  It does not seem to matter what SIM I put in it, it is always the same.   But when I fly with the Avata, it still records videos on the SIM and it can play back videos from the SIM.    I also tried formatting it (both on Windows PC and in the Goggles 2 itself), but that did not resolve the issue either.

Is there a way for me to revert the goggles back to earlier firmware to test if that resolves the issue?
2023-5-13
Use props
djiuser_oxGsWbPgguEK
lvl.2
New Zealand

DJI Tony Posted at 5-13 03:14
Hi there. Thanks for reaching out, and apologies for the inconvenience. Can you confirm what specific SD card you're using? And have you tried formatting it? About the recording issue with the Vista unit, are you getting any error messages with it? We will be waiting for your confirmation. Thank you.

Regarding the recording of the DVR of the Vista unit.   Nope.... no message.    Just no recording ever starts.   

And option under "Settings -> Camera > Record With"  says Goggles Only but its also greyed out.   I have no idea what is supposed to start the recording.   I always thought it would be when the quad gets armed.   But that does not seem to happen.     Is there any way to force it record even if the quad is not armed?

I would also like to try and revert back to older firmware to see if that resoves the issue, but I do not know how to revert to older firmware on the goggles 2?
2023-5-13
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

djiuser_oxGsWbPgguEK Posted at 5-13 18:51
Regarding the recording of the DVR of the Vista unit.   Nope.... no message.    Just no recording ever starts.   

And option under "Settings -> Camera > Record With"  says Goggles Only but its also greyed out.   I have no idea what is supposed to start the recording.   I always thought it would be when the quad gets armed.   But that does not seem to happen.     Is there any way to force it record even if the quad is not armed?

Thanks for the update. We'll forward your concern to the designated team for further checking. We'll keep you posted.
2023-5-14
Use props
djiuser_oxGsWbPgguEK
lvl.2
New Zealand

Just for the record.... the issue with the recording is resolved if I just manually press the recording button from the top down slider.  I did not notice that before.  Sorry.
2023-5-15
Use props
djiuser_2zfMgy0XjiEc
New

Canada

My glasses can't see the SD card.  Firmware does not help, reset, 100 different cards, nothing helps.  What should I do?
2-15 06:22
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

djiuser_2zfMgy0XjiEc Posted at 2-15 06:22
My glasses can't see the SD card.  Firmware does not help, reset, 100 different cards, nothing helps.  What should I do?

Hi there. We do apologize for the trouble. Can you please confirm what specific Goggles are you currently using? Also, please tell us the SD card brand and model so we can check it further. Please keep us posted.
2-16 01:21
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules