Loch Duich, Shiel Bridge and the Ratagan Pass
361 27 2023-5-16
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Albion Drones
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2605597 ft
United Kingdom

Todays Highland holiday Drone footage is the mountainous scenery of Loch Duich, Shiel Bridge and the Ratagan Pass Viewpoint, captured on the 'Road to the Isles' roadtrip and the first stop of the day...

It is often said in Scotland that if you dont like the weather just wait 5 minutes, but I didnt think I would be able to demonstrate it in a short drone video, but here you go! Sunshine, snow, sleet, drizzle, rain and more sunshine - atmospheric conditions to capture the epic mountains!
The site is just within EGR610A Military flying zone, so check your appp as to whether it is active and also check the RAF Low flying schedule before flying - as we were there well before the zone opened we were saf to fly on the day...

2023-5-16
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Wow, lovely sights and lighting!
2023-5-16
Use props
Albion Drones
Second Officer
United Kingdom

Montfrooij Posted at 5-16 10:44
Wow, lovely sights and lighting!

Thanks, this (and a few others) had been sat as Drafts, hence the large number being posted at once... Ooops
2023-5-16
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Albion Drones Posted at 5-16 11:18
Thanks, this (and a few others) had been sat as Drafts, hence the large number being posted at once... Ooops

You're welcome.
No problem.
I did enjoy them
2023-5-16
Use props
Albion Drones
Second Officer
United Kingdom

Montfrooij Posted at 5-16 11:19
You're welcome.
No problem.
I did enjoy them

Glad to hear it
2023-5-16
Use props
superCoolDude
lvl.3
Flight distance : 453950 ft
United States

it's beautiful!
2023-5-16
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

Despite the weather conditions you faced this footage turned out great. The beautiful views and the excellent background music made this a very enjoyable video to watch.  
2023-5-16
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
Flight distance : 6188465 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

The holes in the cloud gave some interesting patches of light and shade. I see you've been busy posting yesterday evening. I have some catching up to do
2023-5-16
Use props
Albion Drones
Second Officer
United Kingdom

Blériot53 Posted at 5-16 22:24
The holes in the cloud gave some interesting patches of light and shade. I see you've been busy posting yesterday evening. I have some catching up to do

Yes, sorry, I thought I had posted these, but they were all aat as drafts, hence the number of sudden posts, apologies...
2023-5-16
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
Flight distance : 6188465 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Albion Drones Posted at 5-16 23:16
Yes, sorry, I thought I had posted these, but they were all aat as drafts, hence the number of sudden posts, apologies...

No need for apologies.  It all made for great watching with my breakfast cornflakes
2023-5-16
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Did you spot any RAF action when you were there?
2023-5-17
Use props
Albion Drones
Second Officer
United Kingdom

DAFlys Posted at 5-17 00:21
Did you spot any RAF action when you were there?

Not at the times I was flying as we made sure the EGR610 was inactive before flying... However did see a Typhoon near Eilean Donan when we arrived, half an hour before the zone became inactive and we could fly..
2023-5-17
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Albion Drones Posted at 5-17 01:30
Not at the times I was flying as we made sure the EGR610 was inactive before flying... However did see a Typhoon near Eilean Donan when we arrived, half an hour before the zone became inactive and we could fly..

Brilliant,  I saw a Typhoon once near stone henge and it was glorious.
2023-5-17
Use props
Albion Drones
Second Officer
United Kingdom

DAFlys Posted at 5-17 05:41
Brilliant,  I saw a Typhoon once near stone henge and it was glorious.

Had 4 fly over in formation when we were at Balvenie in the autumn, rather cool... I went though RAF Cranwell Officer traingin aged 18 straight from school, I wanted to be a pilot, but too young, should have gone to Uni first, still, I got a PPL aged 17 with a scholarship, so have at least flown a plane on my own
2023-5-17
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Albion Drones Posted at 5-17 05:46
Had 4 fly over in formation when we were at Balvenie in the autumn, rather cool... I went though RAF Cranwell Officer traingin aged 18 straight from school, I wanted to be a pilot, but too young, should have gone to Uni first, still, I got a PPL aged 17 with a scholarship, so have at least flown a plane on my own

Nice,   did you keep that up?    It something Ive been tempted to having a go at,  but time and cost has always put me off.  
2023-5-17
Use props
Albion Drones
Second Officer
United Kingdom

DAFlys Posted at 5-17 06:05
Nice,   did you keep that up?    It something Ive been tempted to having a go at,  but time and cost has always put me off.

Sadly aged 17 with a PPL and a PT job in a supermarket I couldnt afford to keep it up... Would have loved to fly as a living, but parents werent rich enough to pay my way, and circumstance meant I didnt get the chance... Instead I played with pushbikes for a living, and now I teach folks how to repair pushbikes - or rather I run the team that teach Cytech - which is pretty much an awesome job, about the top job you can get as a Cycle Mechanic...
2023-5-17
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Albion Drones Posted at 5-17 06:45
Sadly aged 17 with a PPL and a PT job in a supermarket I couldnt afford to keep it up... Would have loved to fly as a living, but parents werent rich enough to pay my way, and circumstance meant I didnt get the chance... Instead I played with pushbikes for a living, and now I teach folks how to repair pushbikes - or rather I run the team that teach Cytech - which is pretty much an awesome job, about the top job you can get as a Cycle Mechanic...

Maybe one day you could get back to it.
2023-5-17
Use props
Albion Drones
Second Officer
United Kingdom

DAFlys Posted at 5-17 23:22
Maybe one day you could get back to it.

Perhaps one day... all depends on priorities, now my focus is on reaching a point we can move to Scotland and set up our crafting as a means to supplement income - I do leatherworking, some hobby blacksmithing and we both do woodworking - I make NA style flutes and hubby makes walking sticks and turns things on his bowl - or is learning to..
2023-5-17
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Albion Drones Posted at 5-17 23:46
Perhaps one day... all depends on priorities, now my focus is on reaching a point we can move to Scotland and set up our crafting as a means to supplement income - I do leatherworking, some hobby blacksmithing and we both do woodworking - I make NA style flutes and hubby makes walking sticks and turns things on his bowl - or is learning to..

That would be a nice change to the lifestyle for sure.
2023-5-17
Use props
Albion Drones
Second Officer
United Kingdom

DAFlys Posted at 5-17 23:54
That would be a nice change to the lifestyle for sure.

A dream that hopefully will become reality... My work gets good reviews, but time is always the issue... These are some of my creations...

2023-5-18
Use props
Albion Drones
Second Officer
United Kingdom

Albion Drones Posted at 5-18 00:10
A dream that hopefully will become reality... My work gets good reviews, but time is always the issue... These are some of my creations...
[view_image]

2023-5-18
Use props
Albion Drones
Second Officer
United Kingdom

2023-5-18
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Albion Drones Posted at 5-18 00:10
[view_image]

Very nice, puts my home made belts to shame.  
2023-5-18
Use props
Albion Drones
Second Officer
United Kingdom

DAFlys Posted at 5-18 01:21
Very nice, puts my home made belts to shame.

Not at all, the craft is the craft, no matter how far we take it, flamboyant or simple, it is all artistry...

2023-5-18
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Albion Drones Posted at 5-18 01:43
Not at all, the craft is the craft, no matter how far we take it, flamboyant or simple, it is all artistry...

Here's a couple Ive made.

2023-5-18
Use props
Albion Drones
Second Officer
United Kingdom

DAFlys Posted at 5-18 05:43
Here's a couple Ive made.

[view_image]

Very nice work, love the strong look of them, well done...
2023-5-18
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Albion Drones Posted at 5-18 05:47
Very nice work, love the strong look of them, well done...

thank you   
2023-5-18
Use props
Albion Drones
Second Officer
United Kingdom

You are welcome....
2023-5-18
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now