Third Party Apps for mapping
2713 16 2023-5-13
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Hdzaa
lvl.1

Indonesia

HI, did anybody know a third party apps for mapping that compatible with Dji Mavic 3 Classic ?

i try with Pix4dCapture, Litchi, DroneDeplot that not compatible for Mavic 3 Classic
any suggest ?

Thank's
2023-5-13
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

There's no SDK for the Mavic 3 so third party apps are not available.  
2023-5-13
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, Hdzaa. Thanks for reaching out. We are sorry to inform you that the DJI Mavic 3 Classic does not support mapping. We will record your feedback and relay them to the designated team for attention. If you have professional mapping requirements, we recommend you check our Enterprise drones (such as Matrice 300 RTK or Phantom 4 RTK). We apologize for the inconvenience, and we appreciate your understanding.
2023-5-13
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

DJI Tony Posted at 5-13 20:05
Hi, Hdzaa. Thanks for reaching out. We are sorry to inform you that the DJI Mavic 3 Classic does not support mapping. We will record your feedback and relay them to the designated team for attention. If you have professional mapping requirements, we recommend you check our Enterprise drones (such as Matrice 300 RTK or Phantom 4 RTK). We apologize for the inconvenience, and we appreciate your understanding.

Why do you keep saying this?
DJI hasn't paid any attention to all the requests over the apst year and obviously couldn't care about what the users want.
It would be better for you to not respond at all, rather than giving false hope that something might be done some day.
2023-5-13
Use props
LV_Forestry
First Officer
Flight distance : 4726654 ft
Latvia

P4RTK, M300...

May we know why you do not recommend M3E for mapping? Is there something preventing us from doing quality mapping with this drone? or is it simply your script that is not up to date?
2023-5-13
Use props
Mobilehomer
First Officer
Flight distance : 18135846 ft
United States

LV_Forestry Posted at 5-13 23:45
P4RTK, M300...

May we know why you do not recommend M3E for mapping? Is there something preventing us from doing quality mapping with this drone? or is it simply your script that is not up to date?

They DO recommend the M3E for mapping, Tony just did not list it.
2023-5-14
Use props
Johnnokomis
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 13363842 ft
  • >>>
United States

Mobilehomer Posted at 5-14 06:37
They DO recommend the M3E for mapping, Tony just did not list it.

Mapping is the one and only thing the M3E is good for. As of today, it blows at literally any other task you can think of. It does map great though, that's why it's hands down DJI's best mapping drone. So why wouldn't Tony even mention it when someone is asking about a mapping drone? DJI no longer sells one of the very drones that Tony suggested!

Either this is poor, lack of knowledge on your own products, offering horrible customer suggestions.

OR

These bots aka admins haven't had their pool of replies updated for a few years.

Which one is it?? It has to be at least one of these options.

2023-5-14
Use props
RFK
lvl.1

United States

DJI needs to release the SDK for the Mavic 3 series.  I want to use apps on the Classic.
2023-8-23
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

RFK Posted at 8-23 00:39
DJI needs to release the SDK for the Mavic 3 series.  I want to use apps on the Classic.

Hello RFK. We understand the importance of your request. Regretfully, we have not received notice that SDK development will be added at this time for Mavic 3 Classic. Please rest assured that we have recorded your request and provided feedback to the related department. We appreciate your understanding. Have a great day ahead.
2023-8-23
Use props
Turritobowl
lvl.2
Flight distance : 351404 ft
United States

To be fair (and a little pedantic), that's not exactly true. DJI doesn't support mapping on the Mavic 3 (non-enterprise), but there's nothing about the hardware that prevents it. Unless the DJI MSDK code is terribly architected, it should be trivial to add support for the rest of the Mavic 3 series. You already support the Mini 3 and Mavic 3E...
2023-8-23
Use props
TonyPHX
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 11229610 ft
  • >>>
United States

Turritobowl Posted at 8-23 05:42
To be fair (and a little pedantic), that's not exactly true. DJI doesn't support mapping on the Mavic 3 (non-enterprise), but there's nothing about the hardware that prevents it. Unless the DJI MSDK code is terribly architected, it should be trivial to add support for the rest of the Mavic 3 series. You already support the Mini 3 and Mavic 3E...

They made a business decision, not a technical decision.

It sucks.
2023-8-23
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Turritobowl Posted at 8-23 05:42
To be fair (and a little pedantic), that's not exactly true. DJI doesn't support mapping on the Mavic 3 (non-enterprise), but there's nothing about the hardware that prevents it. Unless the DJI MSDK code is terribly architected, it should be trivial to add support for the rest of the Mavic 3 series. You already support the Mini 3 and Mavic 3E...

Sorry for the late response. We totally understand your request. Rest assured that this suggestion of yours will reach our relevant team. We hope this will be considered soon. Your understanding is greatly appreciated. Have a nice day.
2023-9-2
Use props
djiuser_JaxyhqZPASSX
New

United States

DJI Tony Posted at 2023-5-13 20:05

Hey, Tony.  I bought the Mavic 3 Classic because it was supposed to be "the flagship." I had no idea when i bought it mapping with a drone was even possible. This was an expensive purchase and it's not capable of doing what your cheaper aircraft are? That's crazy. How can it be "the flagship" if it has less capability? You guys should fix this. The Mavic 3 Classic and RC controller are both upgrades over the older aircraft and N1 controller. Users shouldn't be punished for choosing them.
1-17 02:47
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Australia

djiuser_JaxyhqZPASSX Posted at 1-17 02:47
Hey, Tony.  I bought the Mavic 3 Classic because it was supposed to be "the flagship." I had no idea when i bought it mapping with a drone was even possible. This was an expensive purchase and it's not capable of doing what your cheaper aircraft are? That's crazy. How can it be "the flagship" if it has less capability? You guys should fix this. The Mavic 3 Classic and RC controller are both upgrades over the older aircraft and N1 controller. Users shouldn't be punished for choosing them.

I had no idea when i bought it mapping with a drone was even possible.
This was an expensive purchase and it's not capable of doing what your cheaper aircraft are?

That's crazy. How can it be "the flagship" if it has less capability?
Correction ... you aren't talking about cheaper drones.
You mean older drones.
DJI made a policy change back in the past and no longer provide an SDK for their consumer models.
It's unfortunate for users who could make use of the SDK, but that's the direction DJI decided to go.

Users shouldn't be punished for choosing them.
It's been known for a long time that the Mavic 3 wouldn't be capable of mapping.
Users shouldn't claim to be "punished" because they would like a feature that DJI doesn't offer.
Particularly when you didn't even know of the feature when you bought the drone.

1-17 06:48
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

djiuser_JaxyhqZPASSX Posted at 1-17 02:47

Hello there. DJI has an Enterprise series that supports mapping. Consumer series drones support the surveying and mapping function and DJI does not intend to add this function later. We appreciate your understanding.
1-20 01:48
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Australia

DJI Tony Posted at 1-20 01:48
Hello there. DJI has an Enterprise series that supports mapping. Consumer series drones support the surveying and mapping function and DJI does not intend to add this function later. We appreciate your understanding.

We appreciate your understanding.
The users don't understand why DJI refuses to release and SDK and nobbles the Mavic 3 pro like this.
What the users do understand is that DJI doesn't care even a tiny bit what users want or think.

When you say "We appreciate your understanding", that only irritates users more.
1-20 05:19
Use props
Fozando
lvl.4
Flight distance : 682438 ft
Spain

Labroides Posted at 1-20 05:19
We appreciate your understanding.
The users don't understand why DJI refuses to release and SDK and nobbles the Mavic 3 pro like this.
What the users do understand is that DJI doesn't care even a tiny bit what users want or think.

Welcome to the fight,

I think that we all know perfectly the reasons why DJI isn't going to release the SDK for the Mavic 3 series and forthcoming models.
1-20 05:37
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules