Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Blériot53
Captain
Flight distance : 6188465 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DAFlys Posted at 5-16 23:11
If only that would work,    that said it was bright and clear this morning.    Although the tide was out and nothing Wass going on which was a shame,   I may try and get back for high tide later.

You never know your luck
2023-5-16
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Montfrooij Posted at 5-16 10:35
We are also having very unstable weather with lots of big rain bursts.

And are your forecasts unreliable??
2023-5-16
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

DAFlys Posted at 5-16 23:39
And are your forecasts unreliable??

Right now : yes.
These rain bursts pop up out of nowhere.
2023-5-16
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Blériot53 Posted at 5-16 23:24
You never know your luck

It will depend how long it will take to machine up some pine boards I saved from an old table and get them cut to dimension.   id really like them ready for final sanding today and then I should be able to get them varnished enough to deliver at the weekend.
2023-5-16
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Montfrooij Posted at 5-16 23:41
Right now : yes.
These rain bursts pop up out of nowhere.

Yes we are having the same here,   makes it hard to plan a trip.
2023-5-16
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DAFlys Posted at 5-16 23:55
It will depend how long it will take to machine up some pine boards I saved from an old table and get them cut to dimension.   id really like them ready for final sanding today and then I should be able to get them varnished enough to deliver at the weekend.

Conflict of interests
2023-5-17
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Blériot53 Posted at 5-17 00:04
Conflict of interests

Absolutely.  And I couldnt start matching the wood yet as the noise is terrible.  
2023-5-17
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DAFlys Posted at 5-17 00:07
Absolutely.  And I couldnt start matching the wood yet as the noise is terrible.

A band of rain seems to be drifting our way. Puts paid to any droning aspirations.
2023-5-17
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Blériot53 Posted at 5-17 00:12
A band of rain seems to be drifting our way. Puts paid to any droning aspirations.

Ive not dared look at the weather yet for today.
2023-5-17
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

DAFlys Posted at 5-16 23:58
Yes we are having the same here,   makes it hard to plan a trip.

I agree.
We returned twice after getting unexpected rain.
2023-5-17
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 5-16 23:20
Yes,   I thought Id better before I ran out of local storage for the logs.

Probably a very good idea.  I'm guessing that a large majority of that feet flown was with the Mini 3 Pro.  
2023-5-17
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 5-16 23:20
Weird,   maybe it got pulled for copyright music.

No, it's there.  I never could get logged in on PC as it kept saying try again later.  However, when I cleaned the cache on the mobile App the new reels showed that you posted.  
2023-5-17
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 5-17 03:20
No, it's there.  I never could get logged in on PC as it kept saying try again later.  However, when I cleaned the cache on the mobile App the new reels showed that you posted.

phew,   I used a new tool to download from TikTok without the watermarks and thought that might have been it.  
2023-5-17
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 5-17 03:18
Probably a very good idea.  I'm guessing that a large majority of that feet flown was with the Mini 3 Pro.

Definitely the majority with the Mini 3 Pro,   I haven't used the Mini2 much lately but Ive had a good few flights with the M2P.    I should take the Mini 2 out for a change.  
2023-5-17
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 5-17 05:45
phew,   I used a new tool to download from TikTok without the watermarks and thought that might have been it.

No, just user error on my part.  
2023-5-17
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 5-17 05:48
Definitely the majority with the Mini 3 Pro,   I haven't used the Mini2 much lately but Ive had a good few flights with the M2P.    I should take the Mini 2 out for a change.

I'd almost forgot about the Mini 2 you have.  She must be the "hangar queen" at the present time.  
2023-5-17
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 5-17 12:02
I'd almost forgot about the Mini 2 you have.  She must be the "hangar queen" at the present time.

May 3rd was the last flight with the Mini2,   it just feels longer ago.
2023-5-17
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 5-17 23:25
May 3rd was the last flight with the Mini2,   it just feels longer ago.

Only 2 weeks, but which drone has spent the most time not flying recently?  That would be what is called in Naval Aviation the "hangar queen".
2023-5-18
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 5-18 02:53
Only 2 weeks, but which drone has spent the most time not flying recently?  That would be what is called in Naval Aviation the "hangar queen".

Since that day,  when I flew Mini2 and Mavic 2 I think Ive only flown the Mavic 3 pro.     I should take the M2P out soon I think.
2023-5-18
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 5-18 22:56
Since that day,  when I flew Mini2 and Mavic 2 I think Ive only flown the Mavic 3 pro.     I should take the M2P out soon I think.

Probably good to rotate the usage amongst the three, well 4 now.  I didn't know you had gotten the Mavic 3 Pro.  Congrats on that purchase.
2023-5-19
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 5-19 11:22
Probably good to rotate the usage amongst the three, well 4 now.  I didn't know you had gotten the Mavic 3 Pro.  Congrats on that purchase.

oops that was a typo.   I should have typed mini 3 pro.     oh it's hard.  
2023-5-20
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 5-20 01:48
oops that was a typo.   I should have typed mini 3 pro.     oh it's hard.

No problem.  I thought you had previously mentioned that there were too many restrictions to fly the Mavic 3 Pro so I was kind of like I guess he changed his mind.  Didn't even think about it being a typo.  
2023-5-20
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 5-20 03:35
No problem.  I thought you had previously mentioned that there were too many restrictions to fly the Mavic 3 Pro so I was kind of like I guess he changed his mind.  Didn't even think about it being a typo.

I could use my new Article 16 powers to fly it more places,    but Id still be very limited to a 35m bubble away from anyone or anything.
2023-5-20
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 5-20 23:26
I could use my new Article 16 powers to fly it more places,    but Id still be very limited to a 35m bubble away from anyone or anything.

Yeah, that's a bit too far of a standoff to make an investment in the Mavic 3 Pro worthwhile.  

Two US Senators just introduced a new bill to effectively ban all DJI drones.  Doubt it will pass but now it seems to have support from both parties.  

Countering CCP Drones Act reflects the aims of previous bills – both those performatively announced and forgotten, and some actually passed – to widen the blacklisting of DJI drones by US agencies. It proposes amending the 2019 Secure and Trusted Communications Networks Act, and add the company to the existing “Federal Communications Commission’s (FCC) Covered List, meaning that DJI technologies would be prohibited from operating on US communications infrastructure” – the latter detail having potentially enormous consequences.

Indeed, by prohibiting certain internal DJI communications tech “on US communications infrastructure,” if passed the bill would effectively ban any company craft from operating via FCC-funded, -administered, or merely -overseen assets.

“As the radio is core to a DJI product, this would be a blanket ban on all US sales, across consumer, enterprise, military, etc.,”
2023-5-21
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 5-21 04:15
Yeah, that's a bit too far of a standoff to make an investment in the Mavic 3 Pro worthwhile.  

Two US Senators just introduced a new bill to effectively ban all DJI drones.  Doubt it will pass but now it seems to have support from both parties.  

Well thats sneaky,   but would ban a lot of products I would suspect.  

It curious to me how they can be so anti china but not when it comes to getting free trade marks or trying to copy their authoritarian ways.
2023-5-22
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 5-22 00:10
Well thats sneaky,   but would ban a lot of products I would suspect.  

It curious to me how they can be so anti china but not when it comes to getting free trade marks or trying to copy their authoritarian ways.

Yes it would and not just drones.  This is not a good situation at all.  
2023-5-22
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 5-22 03:48
Yes it would and not just drones.  This is not a good situation at all.

I guess the lip barm stunt didnt keep them occupied enough.
2023-5-24
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 5-24 00:05
I guess the lip barm stunt didnt keep them occupied enough.

Most probably not.  

Today appears to be another rainy day - 97% is the forecast.  Yesterday it rained on and off most of the day and the weather guessers said we got over 38 mm of rain.  
2023-5-24
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 5-24 03:00
Most probably not.  

Today appears to be another rainy day - 97% is the forecast.  Yesterday it rained on and off most of the day and the weather guessers said we got over 38 mm of rain.

Wow and we've gone the other way,  lots of wind but no rain for a while,   we could use some as the ground is cracking in places and those new ponds they dug are dropping already.  
2023-5-24
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 5-24 23:42
Wow and we've gone the other way,  lots of wind but no rain for a while,   we could use some as the ground is cracking in places and those new ponds they dug are dropping already.

3 straight days of torrential rain and today is calling for the 4th day albeit only 67%.  Tomorrow is 30% so by the weekend we should be sunny and clear.  
2023-5-25
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 5-25 03:15
3 straight days of torrential rain and today is calling for the 4th day albeit only 67%.  Tomorrow is 30% so by the weekend we should be sunny and clear.

Isn't your storm/huricane season due soon too?
2023-5-25
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 5-25 23:19
Isn't your storm/huricane season due soon too?

Hurricane season officially runs from June 1 to November 30, but historically, most storms occur between August and October. The Atlantic Ocean is at its warmest during this time of year, providing the perfect conditions for hurricanes to form. Florida is particularly vulnerable to hurricanes due to its long coastline and proximity to the Gulf of Mexico.
2023-5-26
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 5-26 02:40
Hurricane season officially runs from June 1 to November 30, but historically, most storms occur between August and October. The Atlantic Ocean is at its warmest during this time of year, providing the perfect conditions for hurricanes to form. Florida is particularly vulnerable to hurricanes due to its long coastline and proximity to the Gulf of Mexico.

I have a feeling they are going to be early this year,   I just read they are expecting a heat wave here next month   
2023-5-26
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 5-26 04:34
I have a feeling they are going to be early this year,   I just read they are expecting a heat wave here next month

Guess I better start watching the weather closer and make sure my fuel tanks are full in case I have to get underway again to avoid an incoming hurricane targeting my area.  
2023-5-26
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 5-26 13:07
Guess I better start watching the weather closer and make sure my fuel tanks are full in case I have to get underway again to avoid an incoming hurricane targeting my area.

Let's hope you dont have a repeat of last year,     thats the last thing you need.  
2023-5-27
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 5-27 23:44
Let's hope you dont have a repeat of last year,     thats the last thing you need.

Couldn't agree more.  Hopefully, this year will be a quieter season for hurricanes or that most will die out while still far out in the ocean.
2023-5-28
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 5-28 16:34
Couldn't agree more.  Hopefully, this year will be a quieter season for hurricanes or that most will die out while still far out in the ocean.

Windy here this morning again,   I was hoping for better weather for the pirate ship flight.    But nothing on your scale of things.
2023-5-29
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 5-29 00:22
Windy here this morning again,   I was hoping for better weather for the pirate ship flight.    But nothing on your scale of things.

No rain forecast today and winds only forecast to 14 mph at ground level so I should be able to get a flight or two in.  
2023-5-29
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 5-29 03:11
No rain forecast today and winds only forecast to 14 mph at ground level so I should be able to get a flight or two in.

That would be nice.     I started in full sun at 6am and got down to the boat for 7:30 when it was well clouded over.   The rush was to catch a few shots before 9am as thats when the wind was peaking around 35mph.  Even though I thought I was going to be early enough the Mini3 still had some wind errors and the odd gimbal glitch.  I did take some video for TikTok but Im worries it might be too dark.   Once I get home I'll try and have a play with that.  
2023-5-29
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 5-29 03:14
That would be nice.     I started in full sun at 6am and got down to the boat for 7:30 when it was well clouded over.   The rush was to catch a few shots before 9am as thats when the wind was peaking around 35mph.  Even though I thought I was going to be early enough the Mini3 still had some wind errors and the odd gimbal glitch.  I did take some video for TikTok but Im worries it might be too dark.   Once I get home I'll try and have a play with that.

Maybe you can make some corrections in post if they are currently too dark.  Shame how quick the weather changes.  
2023-5-29
Use props
123Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules