RC MOTION 2 speed issue
1431 8 2023-5-13
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_bukkNZouGB07
lvl.2
Poland

Hello Avata users,

I am just after first flight with RC Motion 2 (ordered from official DJI store) - dissapointed so far, but maybe I missed something before first use...

Issue I have is that all new moves supported by Motion 2 (compared to v.1):
- joystick moves (up, down, sideways right, sideways left)
- backwards move
are VERY SLOW (~1,5 km/h) - even in S mode, when forward speed is up to ~50 km/h

Firmware of Avata + RC Motion 2 updated to current revisions. No flying settings changed - plug&play approach.

QUESTIONS:
1. is any calibration/settings change required for RC Motion 2 to increase up/down/right/left/backwards speeds to more than 1,5 km/h?
2. to other RC Motion 2 users - what speeds you are achieving for Motion2-specific moves?

Thanks in advance for your feedback.
2023-5-13
Use props
Koolada
lvl.4
Flight distance : 877999 ft
Germany

2023-5-13
Use props
Koolada
lvl.4
Germany

That's normal the Motion is locked to lower speeds, most likely because it will else drop out of the Sky because of Yaw Tumble like in Manual mode with the controller or other limitations that comes with the Auto systems.

50Km/h seems pretty normal to me, think that was the same speed for my Motion 1. Don't think something about it changed with the M2.
2023-5-13
Use props
KLRSKIR
Second Officer
Flight distance : 28368625 ft
  • >>>
United States

The joystick's settings can in fact be adjusted in the settings. It is not "locked to slower speeds."
2023-5-13
Use props
djiuser_bukkNZouGB07
lvl.2
Poland

Thanks for your reply, although... I don't think you understood correctly what I wrote - is speed of 1,5 km/h normal for you?
Adult's man walk speed is ~6 km/h, drone speed up/down/left/right/back is 1,5 km/h...

I don't agree 1,5 km/h is normal.
awaiting more feedback...
2023-5-13
Use props
Koolada
lvl.4
Germany

Ah, sorry did read your question wrong, thought you also complain about normal cruise speed.

1,5KMH is very slow but don't have problems like this with my nazzgul anymore, just enjoying the hobby was just reffering to the 50kmh because I misinterpreted your question, sorry

Seen videos where someone flies with 3m/s to the side, so it should be possible to fly faster sideways, the backwards movement looked very slow, he did not record osd but couldve been something around 1,5kmh

EDIT: look on 1:35 in that menu you can change the speed, hope that helps you 3m/s (10,8Km/h) seems to be max rate

2023-5-13
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out and we're sorry for the trouble. Can you please try to calibrate your RC and have a test flight and check if the issue persists? Please keep us posted. Thank you.
2023-5-14
Use props
KLRSKIR
Second Officer
Flight distance : 28368625 ft
  • >>>
United States

Check out Billy Kyle's video (@2:20) for info on setting the gain for the MC2.
2023-5-15
Use props
frankymusik
First Officer
Flight distance : 27841053 ft
  • >>>
Germany

Look at #4 and #8...!!!   
2023-5-15
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now