Just can't get footage to work ☹️
1547 30 2023-5-13
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
NukeProof
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Hi all,

So last week I purchased the mini 3 pro, Another hobby for me and my son. Record some cool stuff an to learn Adobe premiere together.
I've hit a rather big issue.
No matter what settings I use, I can't get footage to work on my pc.

(I've got all codecs I believe, even bought the windows hvec codec for 99p through the Microsoft store after I had message pop up saying it couldn't recognise coding).

I've tried d-cine in h.264 and h.265 (either doesn't play or plays for random period of time then get a codec error)

I've tried converting footage but unable as 'frames missing'.

This is both in MP4 and MoV and 264 and 265
I've a fairly capable PC. Intel i9, Nvidia evga 2080 ftw etc...
(All firmware etc is up-to-date)

Can't use footage in Adobe premiere as same issue as when trying to simply play footage in windows media player.

Using- SanDisk 512GB Extreme PRO SDXC card + RescuePro Deluxe up to 200 MB/s UHS-I Class 10 U3 V30 SD card in the drone.

I'm out of ideas. Totally gutted to be honest. Drone flies amazingly well. It's a joy to use. But without the footage it's heartbreaking.

Any ideas?

Thanks
2023-5-13
Use props
Drone.Hunter
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4537612 ft
Kazakhstan

Try it on another computer or upload one of the problematic files for other users to check.
2023-5-13
Use props
NukeProof
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Drone.Hunter Posted at 5-13 07:43
Try it on another computer or upload one of the problematic files for other users to check.

Hi, Please see attached dropbox link for footage.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/hg37pgzcb56wfby/DJI_0006.MP4?dl=0
2023-5-13
Use props
Mobilehomer
Second Officer
Flight distance : 18135846 ft
United States

Most likely a counterfeit SD card. It can't keep up with the write speed.
2023-5-13
Use props
NukeProof
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Mobilehomer Posted at 5-13 09:11
Most likely a counterfeit SD card. It can't keep up with the write speed.

I believe it was. Seemed totally genuine. Through Amazon.
2023-5-13
Use props
NukeProof
lvl.2
United Kingdom

tested SD card, these are the speeds through an adapter
2023-5-13
Use props
Tuxtard
lvl.4
Flight distance : 9975610 ft
Serbia

Video is corrupted. Try another SD card first and if it doesn't help send the drone to DJI for repairs.
2023-5-13
Use props
NukeProof
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Tuxtard Posted at 5-13 11:07
Video is corrupted. Try another SD card first and if it doesn't help send the drone to DJI for repairs.

New SD card will be with me tomorrow or Monday. If that doesn't work guess ill open a repair ticket. No idea why its corrupting the footage
2023-5-13
Use props
starmaker
lvl.3
Flight distance : 195364 ft
United States

SanDisk claims 90mbs write speed for the Extreme Pro chips from 32gb to 128gb, and 140mbs for ones from 256gb to 1tb.  They probably achieve the higher speed in the bigger chips by interleaving two or more banks of memory.  If the chip you’ve been using has one bank that’s not up to spec, you would expect these results.  I use the 128gb SanDisk Extreme Pro in my M3P, and it works fine, so try one of these smaller ones and you’ll probably be ok.

On a semi-related note, I discovered that if you’re encoding in H.264 and switch to 4k/60, it automatically switches to H.265.  Fair enough, but it doesn’t switch back to H.264 when you change back to 4k/30.  You have to go into Settings/Camera and change it back manually every time.  This should be an easy fix in a future update.
2023-5-13
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out and we're sorry for the trouble that this has caused. Can you please try to use a different SD card and check if the issue persists? Please keep us posted. Thank you.
2023-5-13
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

D Cine in H264 is terrible for compatibility.   H265 needs a codec installed on windows and a processor that supports decoding it or proxy files generated I the editor.   Stick with 24/30fps  Normal mode and H264 to get started and then once that works ( it should work everywhere) then try h265.  
2023-5-14
Use props
NukeProof
lvl.2
United Kingdom

starmaker Posted at 5-13 14:11
SanDisk claims 90mbs write speed for the Extreme Pro chips from 32gb to 128gb, and 140mbs for ones from 256gb to 1tb.  They probably achieve the higher speed in the bigger chips by interleaving two or more banks of memory.  If the chip you’ve been using has one bank that’s not up to spec, you would expect these results.  I use the 128gb SanDisk Extreme Pro in my M3P, and it works fine, so try one of these smaller ones and you’ll probably be ok.

On a semi-related note, I discovered that if you’re encoding in H.264 and switch to 4k/60, it automatically switches to H.265.  Fair enough, but it doesn’t switch back to H.264 when you change back to 4k/30.  You have to go into Settings/Camera and change it back manually every time.  This should be an easy fix in a future update.

Very informative post. thank you
2023-5-14
Use props
NukeProof
lvl.2
United Kingdom

DAFlys Posted at 5-14 00:32
D Cine in H264 is terrible for compatibility.   H265 needs a codec installed on windows and a processor that supports decoding it or proxy files generated I the editor.   Stick with 24/30fps  Normal mode and H264 to get started and then once that works ( it should work everywhere) then try h265.

I tried 264 after the 265 was bad. I tried all combinations with normal and d-cine. Same result.
I wish to use the d-cine in order to learn editing more with my son.
Pc has all codecs and is powerful enough to run 265 fine.
2023-5-14
Use props
NukeProof
lvl.2
United Kingdom

DJI Paladin Posted at 5-13 22:06
Hi there. Thank you for reaching out and we're sorry for the trouble that this has caused. Can you please try to use a different SD card and check if the issue persists? Please keep us posted. Thank you.

Just waiting for new SD card to be delivered in the next day or so. Will update once tested with new card.
2023-5-14
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

NukeProof Posted at 5-14 01:06
I tried 264 after the 265 was bad. I tried all combinations with normal and d-cine. Same result.
I wish to use the d-cine in order to learn editing more with my son.
Pc has all codecs and is powerful enough to run 265 fine.

H265 is not about speed it's about having a CPU with onboard decode for it, otherwise it can be a long wait for proxies.  If h264 isn't working then theres something seriously wrong somewhere.   
2023-5-14
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

NukeProof Posted at 5-14 01:07
Just waiting for new SD card to be delivered in the next day or so. Will update once tested with new card.

Thank you for your response. Please keep us posted with the result, NukeProof. Thank you for your understanding.
2023-5-14
Use props
NukeProof
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Hi all,

New SD card came, opted for 128gb sandisk extreme pro. Same issues. Where do i go from here?
As said previously, Drone is useless without being able to record properly.
Takes pictures fine. It's hit and miss with h.264, h.265 is total right off. unusable. Premier Pro wont even take it as so many dropped frames and or just black screen recorded.
Basically the same as previous footage I've uploaded here further up.

Thanks
2023-5-20
Use props
NukeProof
lvl.2
United Kingdom

DJI Paladin Posted at 5-13 22:06

Hi,

New SD card came, Same issues as previously. missed / corrupt frames etc... (See above)
I've attempted to put SD cards in remote. I get 'No SD card Found'.
SD cards work in everything else i put them in totally fine. I believe something is going on with the drone to be honest.
I cant understand how the SD cards can work in the drone. (Badly)
Not work at all in the remote
But work totally fine in my other cheap drone. cameras/ GoPros laptops.
Recorded to remote on its internal storage and it wasn't great but was a lot better than SD card.
I've taken a last ditch effort to buy a 3rd SD card, Samsung Pro from DJI Store.
If that doesn't work ill be after a refund or replacement unit.
#SadFace

2023-5-21
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

NukeProof Posted at 5-21 08:00
Hi,

New SD card came, Same issues as previously. missed / corrupt frames etc... (See above)

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out and we're sorry for this unpleasant experienced. I'm afraid that you may consider sending the unit in for a proper diagnosis. You can contact our support team to start up a ticket at https://www.dji.com/support . Also, the warranty can be applied depending on the outcome of the damage assessment including the warranty period of your unit. Thank you for your understanding and support.
2023-5-21
Use props
Burt37
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4009 ft
Australia

How do you know that you got all the codec required?

Beside the video that you have uploaded, my suggestion would be to download VLC player, install it and try again to watch the video before doing anything else...(regarding having all the codec in window)

https://www.videolan.org/vlc/

2023-5-21
Use props
gnirtS
Second Officer
Flight distance : 5712575 ft
Japan

Things to try..

Firstly record using *internal storage* to rule out any SD card or SD bus related issues.

Secondly use Premiere to transcode the footage into something lighter such as DNxHD or ProRes to see if that comes out OK.  If it does, its a driver/codec problem.
Also try something like the K-Lite codec pack.

Your machine spec should easily handle those file formats.

2023-5-21
Use props
SeehawerB
lvl.4
Flight distance : 5414203 ft
  • >>>
Germany

The file itself is definitely corrupted. Downloaded and tried it on my computer that has no problems at all with all video files coming from my Mini 3 Pro, Mavic 3, Avata and 3 O3 Air Units in H.264 and H.265, 8 and 10 bit.

I use Samsung PRO Plus 256 GB (the dark blue cards) as standard in all my drones and remote controls (512 GB in the Mavic 3). All without reformatting, putting them into the drones as they come "out of the box". Never seen anything like this studdering in the dropbox video. The windows explorer is reporting some 93 Mbps data rate for the file. Checked my last video files coming from the Mini 3 Pro, all are around 150 Mbps. So if you checked several cards and are sure they are valid OEM cards and no fake labeled counterfeits I would emphasize you to start a support case with DJI and let the drone get checked. Maybe there's an internal issue which prevents a constant data stream to be written on the cards.
2023-5-21
Use props
NukeProof
lvl.2
United Kingdom

SeehawerB Posted at 5-21 22:24
The file itself is definitely corrupted. Downloaded and tried it on my computer that has no problems at all with all video files coming from my Mini 3 Pro, Mavic 3, Avata and 3 O3 Air Units in H.264 and H.265, 8 and 10 bit.

I use Samsung PRO Plus 256 GB (the dark blue cards) as standard in all my drones and remote controls (512 GB in the Mavic 3). All without reformatting, putting them into the drones as they come "out of the box". Never seen anything like this studdering in the dropbox video. The windows explorer is reporting some 93 Mbps data rate for the file. Checked my last video files coming from the Mini 3 Pro, all are around 150 Mbps. So if you checked several cards and are sure they are valid OEM cards and no fake labeled counterfeits I would emphasize you to start a support case with DJI and let the drone get checked. Maybe there's an internal issue which prevents a constant data stream to be written on the cards.

Hi,

Thanks for such a great reply. Ive ordered a Samsung Pro card from DJI Store, due this week, if no change then the drone is going to get sent in.
I've tried several SD cards and same issues. I've never had a problem with Sandisk extreme cards before. The cards also work well in other devices.
Clutching at straws really in ordering a 3rd SD card. But why not.
Will update when i can later in the week.

Thanks again for such a good reply. Very much welcomed.
2023-5-22
Use props
NukeProof
lvl.2
United Kingdom

DJI Paladin Posted at 5-21 19:16
Hi there. Thank you for reaching out and we're sorry for this unpleasant experienced. I'm afraid that you may consider sending the unit in for a proper diagnosis. You can contact our support team to start up a ticket at https://www.dji.com/support . Also, the warranty can be applied depending on the outcome of the damage assessment including the warranty period of your unit. Thank you for your understanding and support.

Hi,

So just tried a Samsung Pro 256gb card, ordered from the DJI Store, the drone doesn't even recognize the SD Card, Nor does the controller.
(Tried out the box and after a format)

Time to send the drone in for replacement.

x3 SD cards now, no luck.
2023-5-23
Use props
SeehawerB
lvl.4
Flight distance : 5414203 ft
  • >>>
Germany

Both devices do not recognize the new card?

That is weird. Yes, send it for replacement.
2023-5-23
Use props
NukeProof
lvl.2
United Kingdom

SeehawerB Posted at 5-23 11:25
Both devices do not recognize the new card?

That is weird. Yes, send it for replacement.

Nope, Put it into PC and it's straight up on the screen. So no idea whats going on with the drone etc....
Just filled out form for a replacement.
2 working days for shipping label
2023-5-23
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

NukeProof Posted at 5-23 11:11
Hi,

So just tried a Samsung Pro 256gb card, ordered from the DJI Store, the drone doesn't even recognize the SD Card, Nor does the controller.

Thank you for keeping us posted. In this case, we highly recommend you send the unit in for us to check the unit at our facility. You may contact the link that I provided above for further assistance in creating a ticket case for us. Please don't hesitate to reach us if need help regarding your case. Thank you for your understanding and support.
2023-5-25
Use props
NukeProof
lvl.2
United Kingdom

DJI Paladin Posted at 5-25 18:17
Thank you for keeping us posted. In this case, we highly recommend you send the unit in for us to check the unit at our facility. You may contact the link that I provided above for further assistance in creating a ticket case for us. Please don't hesitate to reach us if need help regarding your case. Thank you for your understanding and support.

Hi

Am I able to private message you for more information on my case? I can't find an option to do it.

Thanks.
2023-5-26
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

NukeProof Posted at 5-26 09:34
Hi

Am I able to private message you for more information on my case? I can't find an option to do it.

Please don't hesitate to reach us via PM if you have further inquiries. We are more than happy to assist you, NukeProof. Thank you.
2023-5-27
Use props
NukeProof
lvl.2
United Kingdom

DJI Paladin Posted at 5-27 00:31
Please don't hesitate to reach us via PM if you have further inquiries. We are more than happy to assist you, NukeProof. Thank you.

Hi DJI Paladin,

I received my replacement mini 3 pro. I'm having exactly the same issues.

D-Cine, 4k/30fps, MP4 -Dropped frames
D-Cine, 4k/30fps MOV- Dropped frames
D-Cine, 4k/60fps MP4-  Dropped frames
Normal MP4 - Dropped frames

Jpeg 48 MP- Corrupt

x3 SD cards used-

Sandisk extreme pro 128gb
Sandisk extreme pro 512gb
Samsung Pro 256gb (Purchased from DJI)

SD cards all work fine on friends mavic 3 cine.

Cards tested on PC. All hold read and write above 80 MB/s.

I'm totally lost and sad at this point.
As the last unit, flies beautifully. But essentially cant record or photograph...

I updated the firmware to latest.
test flew today over the 3 cards and issues.
ill attach images and a dropbox link to more corrupt footage (Dropping frames).

Many thanks

https://www.dropbox.com/s/jwm52kazq0q8hf3/DJI_0005.MP4?dl=0

Please help
2023-6-1
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

NukeProof Posted at 6-1 12:00
Hi DJI Paladin,

I received my replacement mini 3 pro. I'm having exactly the same issues.

Thank you for your response, Nuke. I already sent you a PM, kindly please check your inbox. Thank you.
2023-6-2
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules