Upgrade bricked my Mini 2
1027 3 2023-5-13
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
pdonker
lvl.1
Flight distance : 228734 ft
Switzerland

After a short flight I decided to upgrade all my firmwares to the latest version. The app prompted to upgrade the battery first so it would be the same version as the drone. I clicked sure go ahead. The drone powered down. After powering up I get the infamous 30210 power error and it is effectively bricked. I thought about downgrading but the DJI Assistant 2 shows a network error 3-401. Which, incidentally, is also shown in the app when I try to upgrade.

I'm at a loss right now. How can something this simple brick my device? Obviously I am out of warrantee so I guess I can chuck this one in the bin. I cannot find DJI support other than send your drone in and we'll repair. But my fear is that that will be more expensive than buying a new one.

2023-5-13
Use props
pdonker
lvl.1
Flight distance : 228734 ft
Switzerland

To be totally transparent: the last flight had a hard landing at the end. But nothing that led to any visible damage.
2023-5-13
Use props
Bashy
Captain
Flight distance : 2354357 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Strangely, I've never seen it want to update the battery 1st so I have never updated the batteries 1st prior to AC update on any of my DJI drones.

It could just be a coinkydink that it took a knock prior but i don't believe in them, a hard landing may have been the cause.
Check the battery points and the drone battery points for any melting around them as a hard knock may cause battery issues.

Example, I dropped a P4P battery, it looked all ok, so i used it, when i landed and changed that battery, my fingers brushed the points and i noticed something off, the plastic surrounding the points had melted, i was very lucky it didn't drop the P4P, just £180 in battery up the swanny, beats full price thats for sure...
2023-5-13
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

Hello, there. We apologize for any inconvenience caused by this issue. According to the error code, the DJI Fly app prompts "Power system hardware error". Because we cannot remotely troubleshoot and solve this issue, we can only suggest that you send the device back to DJI for testing to ensure you flight safety. We will provide comprehensive after-sales services to you. Thank you for your understanding and support.  Here is the link: https://www.dji.com/support/repair?from=store_homepage
2023-5-13
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules