Goggles Integra: "Not using bound device"
8506 28 2023-5-13
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
jstanley0
lvl.1
Flight distance : 187382 ft
United States

When I fly my Mini 3 Pro with my new Goggles Integra Motion Combo, a message on the screen says "Not using bound device". The status page adds "You can still fly X time(s). Use your bound device (S/N: <the serial number of my DJI RC>) or go into DJI Fly and change your bound device."

I of course can't fly with my DJI RC and the goggles (as much as I'd prefer to do so). It seems like connecting the DJI RC (in addition to displaying the "you must use the wiimote" message) at least resets the number of times I am allowed to fly to 5. But how do I get it to stop nagging me about this? I haven't found an option in DJI Fly to bind the motion controller. Also would I have to go through whatever rigamarole every time I switch between the RC and the goggles?

2023-5-13
Use props
Bashy
First Officer
Flight distance : 2354357 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

just bind the motion rc, that stops the message, then bind back to the DJI RC when you go to use that next time, this is what you have to do.
2023-5-13
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi there. Thanks for reaching out. We're sorry for the inconvenience caused. Bashy is right. You need to bind the device you will be using on each flight. Please connect the goggles to the mobile phone, and change the bound device, bind a new device, or unbind the bound device in DJI Fly.
From the DJI Fly app, go to Profile>Device Management>Value-Added-Service>Bind/Unbind RC.
Additional note: The goggles can be regarded as a remote controller. If the aircraft is used with an unbound device, the flight times are also limited to five. (The aircraft cannot take off when the limit of flight times is reached.)
We hope this helps. Please reach us back here should you have other concerns.
2023-5-13
Use props
HGHLNDR
lvl.1
Flight distance : 82415 ft
Canada

DJI Tony Posted at 5-13 19:04
Hi there. Thanks for reaching out. We're sorry for the inconvenience caused. Bashy is right. You need to bind the device you will be using on each flight. Please connect the goggles to the mobile phone, and change the bound device, bind a new device, or unbind the bound device in DJI Fly.
From the DJI Fly app, go to Profile>Device Management>Value-Added-Service>Bind/Unbind RC.
Additional note: The goggles can be regarded as a remote controller. If the aircraft is used with an unbound device, the flight times are also limited to five. (The aircraft cannot take off when the limit of flight times is reached.)

Hi Tony,

I've since fixed this problem with the pairing I was having. What I did is detailed further below in another post in this thread
cheers

2023-5-16
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

HGHLNDR Posted at 5-16 15:25
Hi Tony,

This is a pain in the ass to have to do each time you want to fly with the motion 2 or the handheld rc1. DJI needs to fix this issue.  We shouldn't have to be unbinding and rebinding things.

Currently, all pilots need to go through the same process. But your feedback will be forwarded to the designated team for attention. We're sorry for the inconvenience caused.
2023-5-17
Use props
HGHLNDR
lvl.1
Flight distance : 82415 ft
Canada

@jstanley0 - I got mine working properly today. This is what I did to bind my googles to my drone so that message doesn't return.  Turn on the m3p goggles and motion 2. I have an ipad running DJI Fly app, with a logged in account.  I connected the goggles to my ipad using a usb-c cable. It recognizes the goggles and you can see the info on them in the app. Then I tapped on "GO FLY" and when it switched screens to flight mode, the same message came up "You can still fly X time(s). Use your bound device (S/N: <the serial number of my DJI RC>) or go into DJI Fly and change your bound device. Then a menu screen popped up. I can't recall the choices but I chose the top one that will bind the googles to your m3p. There's another screen prompt when you're ready to bind it, then took about 5 seconds and a message appeared "BINDING SUCCESSFUL!" and the unbound message hasn't returned.
2023-5-17
Use props
L
New
Mexico

Hey guys!

I just got my Integra Goggles yesterday. YAAAY
And ofc I crashed it LOL (no biggie)

Now here is the thing, I crashed it while landing on a table. (DUH)

This is something that I've done at least 8 times while using the regular RC, no issues there.
But while doing it from the Goggles, everything changes!

I think we need a way to easily switch from the RC to the Goggle in mid-flight

This is SUPER IMPORTANT, there are places where it's not easy to land while being on FPV, and as you know, there are smart features that are not available while using the googles.

So please please please, let us know if there is ANY chance we can get this in a future Update.

Hot-Swapping from Goggles (+Motion RC2) into the regular RC that comes with a screen and was included on my purchase with the drone.
The RC and the drone come pre-linked from factory and I don't want to be wasting fly time by unbinding, binding controllers.

Thank you for your understanding
2023-5-23
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

L Posted at 5-23 08:41
Hey guys!

Thank you for your feedback. We really appreciate the time and effort you have invested in providing this suggestion to us. Your feedback will be definitely cascaded to the concerned team for further review. Thank you for your valued support.
2023-5-25
Use props
djiuser_lOL179wkqMoL
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1959954 ft
United States

L Posted at 5-23 08:41
Hey guys!

Just fly as close as possible with the goggles and then just lift up the goggles and visually land the drone.
2023-6-15
Use props
lteruin
New
Flight distance : 7930 ft
France

Integra Mini Pro3 goggles: First use a nightmare  The first thing you need to know is that the goggles sold by DJI and advertised as compatible with the DJI MINI 3 Pro are not.  You'll need to update the goggles' firmware with the application on your smartphone, which is not compatible with the goggles.  So you'll need to get the right version of the DJI application, which you won't find in the Google Store. Why make things simple when you can make them complicated?  I used the PC application for the update, but it wasn't compatible with the goggles. So support gave me the right version, which allowed me to update the goggles and the RC motion 2.  I also advise you to update the firmware on your Mini3 PRo.  Once you've done all that, you can start to hope that you'll be able to connect your glasses and your RC motion 2, but .... the hassle isn't over yet.  Once you've managed to see from the drone, from your goggles you won't be able to take off because you'll get a Not Using Bound device message.   I'm this close to sending back the RC Motion2 and the Integra goggles and asking for a refund.   
2023-6-28
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

lteruin Posted at 6-28 09:23
Integra Mini Pro3 goggles: First use a nightmare  The first thing you need to know is that the goggles sold by DJI and advertised as compatible with the DJI MINI 3 Pro are not.  You'll need to update the goggles' firmware with the application on your smartphone, which is not compatible with the goggles.  So you'll need to get the right version of the DJI application, which you won't find in the Google Store. Why make things simple when you can make them complicated?  I used the PC application for the update, but it wasn't compatible with the goggles. So support gave me the right version, which allowed me to update the goggles and the RC motion 2.  I also advise you to update the firmware on your Mini3 PRo.  Once you've done all that, you can start to hope that you'll be able to connect your glasses and your RC motion 2, but .... the hassle isn't over yet.  Once you've managed to see from the drone, from your goggles you won't be able to take off because you'll get a Not Using Bound device message.   I'm this close to sending back the RC Motion2 and the Integra goggles and asking for a refund.

Hi. Thank you for providing this information. We apologize for the inconvenience. To make Integra goggles and the RC Motion 2 compatible with the DJI Mini 3 Pro, we recommend first updating the firmware and then connecting the device. Because some phones have not yet been tested to be compatible with the DJI app, we recommend downloading the most recent version from our official website. You only need to go through the binding process if you have a DJI Care Refresh. This is a service plan that secures your aircraft for replacement at a minimal cost in the event of an accident during a flight. If you wish to return the device for a refund, we will respect your decision. You may contact our support at https://www.dji.com/support for further assistance on this. Again, my apologies for the inconvenience caused. Thank you.
2023-6-28
Use props
fanscd57c5db
New
Flight distance : 7930 ft
France

Hi there. Thanks for reaching out. We're sorry for the inconvenience caused. Bashy is right. You need to bind the device you will be using on each flight. Please connect the goggles to the mobile phone, and change the bound device, bind a new device, or unbind the bound device in DJI Fly.

not using bound device

After spending several hours with technical support, I tried to get the integra glasses to work with the min 3 pro. We came to the following conclusion: the error message (not using bound device) was still present and it was impossible to get the RC Motion 2 to work.
As the support team doesn't understand French, I tried to put the DJI Fly application in English. No Way.
How can you make it simple when you can make it complicated?
I've sent videos and done the same thing dozens of times,. The message is still present in the goggles and the support doesn't understand.

So what do we do?
2023-6-29
Use props
djiuser_AU8V6Mty4LPA
lvl.2

United States

fanscd57c5db Posted at 6-29 22:58
not using bound device

I had the same issue today after receiving intergra and controller yesterday. It was a bit of a hassle getting everything working yesterday and I went through 2 mini batteries to get up and running. Use a fan on the drone when updating the firmware for the first time. I was at 40% and it shut down because of heat.

Today I used the RC controller and got the prompt to bind. No problem and after a few flights went to use the goggles. Same issue as the OP. I had to use my phone to bind as it will not give the option through the controller. Irritating, but now I know to just use the phone and fly app before using the goggles. Trying the bind with just the goggles and drone (mini pro 3) doesn't work! Again, I had to use the Iphone connected to the goggles with the fly app.

I hope this helps someone not stroke out.

I have the care refresh so it's important to do.
2023-7-7
Use props
djiuser_tutusC4nuM8F
New

United States

I am returning my DJI Motion Combo- controller and Integra goggles today after 2 hours yesterday with DJI tech support. Bottom line- you MUST have an INTERNET connection to go back and forth with binding and unbinding the goggles and your remote controller. Internet connection would mean eithe wi-fi connected to Internet, or using a phone with sufficient cellular connection to get an Internet connection and using the hotspot. I am traveling to some places in Alaska that has no cell, no Internet and want to fly my M3P- isn't that what its for? But its a choice of using either the RC or the goggles - and binding one or the other before the trip starts. Not an acceptable solution. BTW, someone in this thread mentioned returning within 30 days- its actually 14 days, so if you are reading this you will need to make your decision to request return within 14 days from the delivery date.
2023-7-15
Use props
GGenge007
lvl.2
Flight distance : 318885 ft

Canada

djiuser_lOL179wkqMoL Posted at 6-15 16:24
Just fly as close as possible with the goggles and then just lift up the goggles and visually land the drone.

Even easier, I just fly close to home, then hit the return to home button, then lift my goggles and use the joystick to assist with vertical and adjust the exact position i want as necessary.
2023-12-21
Use props
djiuser_tRjByeW7m2vS
lvl.1
Flight distance : 25531 ft
Netherlands

Now that support for mini 4 pro is here this problem will become even worse. After the initial binding process switching should be easy and not require an internet connection.
Something else: will the repeated binding and unbinding influence my  care refresh package?
2023-12-25
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

djiuser_tRjByeW7m2vS Posted at 12-25 05:22
Now that support for mini 4 pro is here this problem will become even worse. After the initial binding process switching should be easy and not require an internet connection.
Something else: will the repeated binding and unbinding influence my  care refresh package?

We understand the inconvenience. I will forward your feedback to the related team for evaluation. Regarding repeated binding/unbinding, no, it will not affect your drone's Care Refresh service plan. Binding the aircraft with the remote controller records the linking relationship between the aircraft and the remote controller. Failure to do so will result in your inability to produce a DJI Care Aircraft Flyaway Report in case of a flyaway incident. Thank you for understanding.
2023-12-26
Use props
Manitobahunter
lvl.4
Canada

You have to bind the goggles to the drone through the fly app on your phone, regardless of whether you are using the RCN2 or the RC2 to get the popup to disappear. Every time you switch back and forth between the RC and the goggles, you have to switch the binding again over your phone or RC2. Otherwise you get 5 flights till it won't take off. The BS part of this is we need an internet or wifi connection of some type to do this. DJI..... fix this so that once the components have been initially bound, we can just switch back and forth by whats being powered on.
1-8 14:31
Use props
djiuser_yyMYHLzfTaap
lvl.1
United States

You can fly the mini 3 with goggles integra without the motion controller. After everything is bound, when you start you have to first get the mini 3 up and flying around for a second then turn the goggles on and wait till it connects. Your RC transmitter will show a screen with goggles. Your goggles will say for use with motion controller and will show in the goggles but you will be able to fly FPV. You can always switch back to controller screen by turning off goggles and get video feed back to controller. The only thing I haven't figure out is how to record from goggles. I follow what I've read and still don't get any recorded video from goggles.
1-31 10:02
Use props
Cvro70
lvl.1
Flight distance : 326421 ft
United States

L Posted at 2023-5-23 08:41
Hey guys!

Just remove your goggles before landing and control your aircraft with the joystick ( assuming you got a sensor controller)
2-4 20:43
Use props
zciUKm88uBnUtbtd0pL4ZA40
lvl.1
Aruba

This is unacceptable. In 2023 I purchased the Mini 3 Pro with integra and RC 2 to bring to my my vacation to celebrate our 20th Anniversary in Feb. 2024 and this garbage combo just ruined it. I prepared the drone in November, with all updades needed, rest flew it and kept for my vacation. My wife and I went a beautiful and remote island to film our adventures and guess what? Yes, the whole $1+k junk setup decided to give me the "not bound device" message. 5 allowed flights disappear within 20 minutes after a few on and offs trying to the the message go away. I was so furious that I almost crushed the whole thing with a stone wishing I should have purchased a different brand with better platform. What is going on with DJI? I have been a customer since the first version of the Phantom, it was extremely simpler and functional.
What's wrong with you DJI?
Young engineers not knowing what they are doing?
Solve these issues and provide VIDEOS with the solutions for the problems ASAP!
2-21 18:10
Use props
zciUKm88uBnUtbtd0pL4ZA40
lvl.1
Aruba

This is unacceptable. In 2023 I purchased the Mini 3 Pro with integra and RC 2 to bring to my my vacation to celebrate our 20th Anniversary in Feb. 2024 and this garbage combo just ruined it. I prepared the drone in November, with all updades needed, rest flew it and kept for my vacation. My wife and I went a beautiful and remote island to film our adventures and guess what? Yes, the whole $1+k junk setup decided to give me the "not bound device" message. 5 allowed flights disappear within 20 minutes after a few on and offs trying to the the message go away. I was so furious that I almost crushed the whole thing with a stone wishing I should have purchased a different brand with better platform. What is going on with DJI? I have been a customer since the first version of the Phantom, it was extremely simpler and functional.
Solve these issues and provide VIDEOS with the solutions for the problems ASAP!
2-21 18:11
Use props
Manitobahunter
lvl.4
Canada

zciUKm88uBnUtbtd0pL4ZA40 Posted at 2-21 18:11
This is unacceptable. In 2023 I purchased the Mini 3 Pro with integra and RC 2 to bring to my my vacation to celebrate our 20th Anniversary in Feb. 2024 and this garbage combo just ruined it. I prepared the drone in November, with all updades needed, rest flew it and kept for my vacation. My wife and I went a beautiful and remote island to film our adventures and guess what? Yes, the whole $1+k junk setup decided to give me the "not bound device" message. 5 allowed flights disappear within 20 minutes after a few on and offs trying to the the message go away. I was so furious that I almost crushed the whole thing with a stone wishing I should have purchased a different brand with better platform. What is going on with DJI? I have been a customer since the first version of the Phantom, it was extremely simpler and functional.

If you initially bind the goggles, drone and motion 2, you can leave it that way, or rebind the drone to the RC2, and then you have 5 flights with the goggles. The important point here, is once you use those 5 flights up, if you just power up the drone and let it connect to the RC2, power them back off and then power up the drone , goggles and MC2, you will get another 5 flights without having had to connect to the internet. If you want to change the binding, then you need your phone with the fly app, a cable and an internet connection.  
2-21 21:59
Use props
MosquitoPics
lvl.1
Flight distance : 413192 ft
Switzerland

@DJI: The message "Not using bound device" in the Goggles Integra is annoying! - I need my drone on my planned trip mainly with the RC2 controller, but I'm going to do a few "special effects" with the Goggles. For the planned film, I need not only the "outside view" but also the view as seen in the Goggles. The message that the drone should not be connected is very distracting in a film! It conveys that the drone pilot does not have his equipment under control! — Is it really not possible to programme the whole thing so that the drone can be connected to the RC2 AND the goggles/motion controller at the same time?

What's more, this rule makes absolutely no sense. Either you are allowed to fly or you are not. But five flights and then no more...?  Incomprehensible! Sorry!
3-15 23:34
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

MosquitoPics Posted at 3-15 23:34
@DJI: The message "Not using bound device" in the Goggles Integra is annoying! - I need my drone on my planned trip mainly with the RC2 controller, but I'm going to do a few "special effects" with the Goggles. For the planned film, I need not only the "outside view" but also the view as seen in the Goggles. The message that the drone should not be connected is very distracting in a film! It conveys that the drone pilot does not have his equipment under control! — Is it really not possible to programme the whole thing so that the drone can be connected to the RC2 AND the goggles/motion controller at the same time?

What's more, this rule makes absolutely no sense. Either you are allowed to fly or you are not. But five flights and then no more...?  Incomprehensible! Sorry!

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. When using the drone with the DJI Goggles 2 and DJI RC Motion 2, the goggles can be regarded as a remote controller therefore, when the aircraft is bound to a standard RC (DJI RC 2 or DJI RC-N2) it is normal that it will prompt you to change the bound device. Please connect the goggles to the mobile phone, change the bound device, bind a new device, or unbind the bound device in DJI Fly. Rest assured that we will gather this feedback of yours and will forward it as a suggestion to the respective team. Should you have other inquiries, feel free to contact us.
3-16 02:21
Use props
MosquitoPics
lvl.1
Switzerland

DJI Paladin Posted at 3-16 02:21
Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. When using the drone with the DJI Goggles 2 and DJI RC Motion 2, the goggles can be regarded as a remote controller therefore, when the aircraft is bound to a standard RC (DJI RC 2 or DJI RC-N2) it is normal that it will prompt you to change the bound device. Please connect the goggles to the mobile phone, change the bound device, bind a new device, or unbind the bound device in DJI Fly. Rest assured that we will gather this feedback of yours and will forward it as a suggestion to the respective team. Should you have other inquiries, feel free to contact us.

Dear Paladin

Thank you for your reply. From my point of view, it is absolutely NOT normal that I have to "rebind" the controller every time I switch. I don't need the goggles for the fun of "FPV" flying, but for cinematic recordings. I plan video recordings where I have to switch from RC2 to Goggles Integra/MC several times a day - depending on the recording situation. In addition, there is no guarantee that I will have an internet connection at every location where I fly.

This situation has already been criticised by other users and in this day and age, such programming is neither sensible nor practicable. All devices are connected or registered with the DJI account and therefore belong to a clearly defined group. There is therefore no reason why two controllers cannot be connected to one drone at the same time. It goes without saying that only one controller can be connected to the drone per flight.

Once again, I would therefore urge you to rectify this situation in favour of the pilots. DJI may be one of the leading drone manufacturers, but such "problems" inevitably lead to a loss of image.

I'm sure I speak for other pilots too...
3-16 22:39
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

MosquitoPics Posted at 3-16 22:39
Dear Paladin

Thank you for your reply. From my point of view, it is absolutely NOT normal that I have to "rebind" the controller every time I switch. I don't need the goggles for the fun of "FPV" flying, but for cinematic recordings. I plan video recordings where I have to switch from RC2 to Goggles Integra/MC several times a day - depending on the recording situation. In addition, there is no guarantee that I will have an internet connection at every location where I fly.

We appreciate your valuable feedback. Rest assured that we will continue to record this suggestion and make sure to reach our relevant team for future consideration. Should you have other inquiries, feel free to contact us. Thank you for your understanding and support.
3-18 02:53
Use props
MosquitoPics
lvl.1
Switzerland

DJI Paladin Posted at 3-18 02:53
We appreciate your valuable feedback. Rest assured that we will continue to record this suggestion and make sure to reach our relevant team for future consideration. Should you have other inquiries, feel free to contact us. Thank you for your understanding and support.

Thank you Paladin and DJI

It is very welcome when the DJI mini 4 pro is equipped for its actual purpose of making good video recordings in every respect and disturbing elements are eliminated.

I am looking forward to what is to come.
3-23 23:01
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

MosquitoPics Posted at 3-23 23:01
Thank you Paladin and DJI

It is very welcome when the DJI mini 4 pro is equipped for its actual purpose of making good video recordings in every respect and disturbing elements are eliminated.

You're very much welcome, MosquitoPics. Thank you for your valued support.
3-24 22:28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules