Virtual Flight app won't connect Motion Controller 2
4914 39 2023-5-13
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans088f1818
lvl.1
Flight distance : 187382 ft
United States

Trying to use the DJI Virtual Flight app with my iPhone 12 Pro and Goggles Integra Motion Combo. I can connect the goggles to the app, but the motion controller will not connect to the app. (It is paired with the goggles and I can use it to fly my drone.)
Guessing maybe this app doesn't support RC Motion 2? Just the original motion controller?
2023-5-13
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi there. Thanks for reaching out, and apologies for the inconvenience. DJI Virtual Flight currently does not support the new DJI RC Motion 2. Only the DJI FPV Remote Controller 2 and the DJI Motion Controller are supported at present. We'll have your feedback recorded and forwarded to the related team. We appreciate your understanding.
2023-5-13
Use props
djiuser_MCrNH36u99Xt
New
United States

I’m glad you asked the question. I had the same concern. I have been sitting here 30 minutes trying to figure it out lol

Thank you for that information in DJI. hope to see an update soon.

hope to see an update soon.
2023-5-16
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

djiuser_MCrNH36u99Xt Posted at 5-16 16:37
I’m glad you asked the question. I had the same concern. I have been sitting here 30 minutes trying to figure it out lol

Hi there. We're sorry you're experiencing the same concern, and we appreciate your understanding. Hopefully, it will be compatible sooner. Have a nice day!
2023-5-17
Use props
AndrewGS
New
Flight distance : 16220 ft
Poland

djiuser_MCrNH36u99Xt Posted at 5-16 16:37

I have the same experience)
Until I found this post
Looking forward to update
2023-5-23
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

AndrewGS Posted at 5-23 08:07
I have the same experience)
Until I found this post
Looking forward to update

Thanks for the added feedback, AndrewGS. Rest assured that such compatibility request will reach the related team. Thanks for your continued support.
2023-5-24
Use props
sclehmberg
lvl.2
Flight distance : 201280 ft
Germany

Any chance that  RC Motion 2 will be integrated in Virtual Flight app in the future? Anytimeline?
2023-6-18
Use props
djiuser_8ImGC44ALHJQ
lvl.1

Thailand

Same question here, when will this be resolved.
Making new products and bundling it together for people to buy, should go hand in hand with making product compatible with software. Now all new beginners flying the Avata or any other drone with this controller, has no option to practice before flying. A bit ridiculous considering the DJI Avata is sold with the motion controller 2 and its not compatible with the Virtual flying app.

I would suggest making new product compatible before selling them to the public, so that all your customers have the same experience using DJI.
2023-6-19
Use props
marcusmaia
lvl.1
Flight distance : 777841 ft
Brazil

Estou no meu quinto drone da DJI. Nunca usei outra marca e não consigo entender como a DJI reinventa um produto e não atualiza o software de treinamento que nos dá segurança pra voar no mundo real. Tenho um mini 3 Pro e recentemente comprei o Goggles Integra + motion 2. Estou sem opção, tendo que praticar arriscando o equipamento. Confio muito na DJI e espero uma atualização do Virtual Flight o mais breve possível.
2023-6-22
Use props
djiuser_wtOp2n8aeQyy
lvl.1

Canada

djiuser_8ImGC44ALHJQ Posted at 6-19 19:10
Same question here, when will this be resolved.
Making new products and bundling it together for people to buy, should go hand in hand with making product compatible with software. Now all new beginners flying the Avata or any other drone with this controller, has no option to practice before flying. A bit ridiculous considering the DJI Avata is sold with the motion controller 2 and its not compatible with the Virtual flying app.

Well said and I 100% agree! DJI, please update the simulator to include motion controller 2 and integra compatibility.
2023-6-24
Use props
Mini-G
Second Officer
Flight distance : 663304 ft
  • >>>
Australia

The app last saw an update almost 1 year ago
2023-6-24
Use props
djiuser_4MhzX94929yS
New

United States

Wow, this is unbelievable.   The virtual flight app was one of the biggest reasons I bought a DJI Avata Pro, as I have Zero experience flying a drone.   I wasted a LOT of time trying to get this to work.   Couple this with the new firmware update where the drone doesn't take off if no phone is attached to goggles; I had a TERRIBLE experience trying to get up and running.   

Nothing was working; the Virtual Flight app wasn't working.   The drone would not take off, etc.   I called DJI Tech Support and let the tech read the manuals (as if I couldn't) and gave me instructions I did before.   Eventually, he had me update everything using my computer and the downloaded DJI application.   It was hard to get to work, but eventually, I got the Drone and Controller updated.  The goggles wouldn't even register with the application.   The tech told me to return the drone as something was wrong with the goggles.   I looked up the error that night and figured out the drone wouldn't take off because the phone wasn't connected.  I connected the phone, and it would now fly.   Yet, no Virtual Flight app.   Luckily, I was able to learn without the Virtual Flight app and didn't crash.

MAJOR ISSUES AND POINTS:

1) WTF!   Your tech didn't know any of this!   Unacceapble and extremely poor support.
2) I didn't even know there was version 2 of the controller.  It's great, but the idea that it's unsupported by Virtual Fly is ridiculous, and it's been months since it was released.
3) WHY DOEN"T YOU SAY SOMETHING LIKE, "CAN NOT TAKE OFF UNTIL YOU CONNECT A GPS PHONE." The "error" message is obtuse and extremely not helpful.   This is poor app design, and just a little information would be extremely helpful to everyone, including DJI and support (BTW Train those folks.  See #1)
2023-7-23
Use props
djiuser_cP5mvniB48j1
lvl.1
Flight distance : 28510 ft
Turkey

I bought a motion controller updated to the latest version, drivers were installed too and when I connect it to pc it recognizes the controller, and when I start virtual flight it says remote controller is connected however fpv controller doesn't change to motion controller and I can't use motion controller. Can any officals here help with this it is so frustrating ... I have motion controller 2 but as all we know it is not supported and that's why I bought motion controller just to do that
2023-9-30
Use props
fans0d28b237
New

United Kingdom

Snap, poor show that you have to go straight out to practice, come on DJI
2023-11-21
Use props
djiuser_FvafF5I1TKhz
lvl.1

United States

Wow, I just spent an hour with my brand new Avata trying to figure this out. So frustrating!
2023-12-1
Use props
RoyEP3
lvl.2
Flight distance : 286017 ft
United States

Sigh. Followed all the steps in the manual, only to learn from other users that it's not compatible.  Great job DJI.
2023-12-5
Use props
gtpuckett
lvl.1
Flight distance : 212162 ft

United States

same here! will just return to Amazon and buy something else! this is ridiculous!!
2023-12-22
Use props
oscarower
New

Mexico

DJI Tony Posted at 5-13 18:05
Hi there. Thanks for reaching out, and apologies for the inconvenience. DJI Virtual Flight currently does not support the new DJI RC Motion 2. Only the DJI FPV Remote Controller 2 and the DJI Motion Controller are supported at present. We'll have your feedback recorded and forwarded to the related team. We appreciate your understanding.

Thanks for your answer Tony. But I see that in a couple of months RC Emotion 2 will be 1 year old since it was released. I bought that bundle thinking that I could use a simulator. I understand that there are people who do not require a simulator, but what about beginners? I wouldn't want to lose my money without practicing. Would you suggest I return the device even if it is already opened?
2023-12-28
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

oscarower Posted at 12-28 16:21
Thanks for your answer Tony. But I see that in a couple of months RC Emotion 2 will be 1 year old since it was released. I bought that bundle thinking that I could use a simulator. I understand that there are people who do not require a simulator, but what about beginners? I wouldn't want to lose my money without practicing. Would you suggest I return the device even if it is already opened?

We understand the inconvenience. I will forward your concern to the related team as a feedback. Thank you for your patience.
2023-12-30
Use props
djiuser_v6MLvih0Luwr
New

Germany

I purchased the Avata pro-view combo and expected it to be compatible with the virtual fly app. Spent a couple of hours trying to figure it out but couldn't connect the RC motion 2 controller. Please push out compatibility for this controller soon DJI, otherwise, i'll just have to return the drone
2023-12-30
Use props
fans04dab854
lvl.1
Flight distance : 587369 ft
United States

Returned to original point of sale for this reason. I actually own both motion controllers, but need virtual flight functionality.
1-7 12:31
Use props
djiuser_v6MLvih0Luwr
New

Germany

fans04dab854 Posted at 1-7 12:31
Returned to original point of sale for this reason. I actually own both motion controllers, but need virtual flight functionality.

Would buying the old motion controller work with the virtual flight app?
1-7 14:50
Use props
김정문
New

South Korea

내가 잘못 연결한줄 알고 수십번을 햇갈려 가면서 해봤는데 결국은 시간만 2시간 이상을 소비했네요
1-11 02:49
Use props
JayProteous
New

United Kingdom

Hi folks. Any news on this yet DJI? i am same as everyone here. purchased with the aim of starting with the app only to discover this thread.  
I mean come on, its not a hard thing to do.
1-20 03:42
Use props
fans82c03d3b
New
Flight distance : 208593 ft
  • >>>
Serbia

I bought a dji Avata combo that came with a rc2 motion controller and I've been struggling for an hour to get dji virtual flight simulator to work and now I realize that you haven't made support for the product you're selling - rc2 motion controller not supported in dji virtual flight simulator. Latest firmware (24.1.2024) also not give support. What is the problem?
1-24 10:08
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

fans82c03d3b Posted at 1-24 10:08
I bought a dji Avata combo that came with a rc2 motion controller and I've been struggling for an hour to get dji virtual flight simulator to work and now I realize that you haven't made support for the product you're selling - rc2 motion controller not supported in dji virtual flight simulator. Latest firmware (24.1.2024) also not give support. What is the problem?

Hello there. We appreciate your feedback. We acknowledge that we have received the same concerns and suggestions from other DJI Pilots before. What we will do is continue to record such feedback and ensure that it reaches our related team. We are sorry for any inconvenience this has caused you. We hope this will be considered soon. Your understanding is greatly appreciated.
1-24 22:15
Use props
Lukas Ruf2
New

Italy

DJI Paladin Posted at 1-24 22:15
Hello there. We appreciate your feedback. We acknowledge that we have received the same concerns and suggestions from other DJI Pilots before. What we will do is continue to record such feedback and ensure that it reaches our related team. We are sorry for any inconvenience this has caused you. We hope this will be considered soon. Your understanding is greatly appreciated.

Now, it is nearly end of February 2024. Still no fixed updates?  That’s a shame. DJI looses its face.
2-16 06:52
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

Lukas Ruf2 Posted at 2-16 06:52
Now, it is nearly end of February 2024. Still no fixed updates?  That’s a shame. DJI looses its face.

Hello. We're sorry if this has been requested in the past but has not been implemented yet. We will continue to let such feedback reach the designated team for consideration. Thank you for your understanding.
2-18 02:53
Use props
Recoil12
lvl.1

United States

this is very disappointing I just spent nearly an hour trying to first get it to show in the headset and once I got that to work now I find out my controller won't work after trying 20 times to connect and turn it on and off. This needs to be taken care of before shipping the new controllers out. Not months after they have already shipped.
2-23 01:35
Use props
Robert Barrows
New

United States

Unreal that at least the app should tell you long before trying to connect everything a thousand times where do I send my bill for my wasted time dji
2-23 20:20
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Recoil12 Posted at 2-23 01:35
this is very disappointing I just spent nearly an hour trying to first get it to show in the headset and once I got that to work now I find out my controller won't work after trying 20 times to connect and turn it on and off. This needs to be taken care of before shipping the new controllers out. Not months after they have already shipped.

Sorry about the trouble. We will forward this to provide feedback to the relevant team. Thank you for your patience.
2-23 21:10
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Robert Barrows Posted at 2-23 20:20
Unreal that at least the app should tell you long before trying to connect everything a thousand times where do I send my bill for my wasted time dji

We are sorry we did not reach your satisfaction. We are actively submitting your requests to the relevant team for evaluation. Any news will be announced on the DJI official website or in this forum site. We appreciate your patience.
2-23 21:13
Use props
clausfly
lvl.4
Flight distance : 51115 ft
Germany

According to the DJI FAQ, the DJI Goggles Integra are compatible with the DJI Flight Simulator app. I managed to connect the goggles to the DJI Virtual Flight App via a cable. However, I also get the message that the DJI RC Motion 2 is not supported by the DJI Flight Simulator. After coming across this forum post, I am surprised and disappointed that DJI has apparently not been able to release an update for the Motion Controller 2 for almost a year. Is it being worked on at all?

2-26 14:33
Use props
fansec7aa0fd
lvl.2
Flight distance : 19577 ft
  • >>>
United States

DJI Tony Posted at 2-23 21:13
We are sorry we did not reach your satisfaction. We are actively submitting your requests to the relevant team for evaluation. Any news will be announced on the DJI official website or in this forum site. We appreciate your patience.

I don’t know how much time I waisted trying to get drone to take off, multiple calls to DJI support and not once did anyone tell me I needed to connect iPhone to the goggles for GPS location. Nothing in the literature says you need to connect goggles to a phone. I would have never bought the package knowing this. Also everyone is saying you can’t connect the motion control 2 to the Virtual Simulator, but when you fire up the simulator it shows the motion control 2 as a choice but you can never connect, what’s going on with that?? DJI needs to get their act together….
2-26 14:36
Use props
fans8d1a5715
lvl.1

United States

I have a couple other DJI drones and was really looking forward to the Avata. I received it the first week of February and I’ve started setup several times - became frustrated - and tabled it for days at a time. I selected Googles 2 for the adjustable eye pieces. So, finally connected a cell phone to clear GPS issue and now the sim doesn’t work. Jeez!!   Just checked and I’m one week past my possible return date

Anyway - it is fun to fly. Not having the Sim sucks, having to use the iPhones GPS? whatever. Battery handling is also a hassle. DJI can do better than this.
PS - Normally I fly with a iPad Pro with the big screen. It is not the cellular model because if I'm away from WIFI I can tether via my iPhone. It would not work as a GPS source. Fooled with it a long time and then tried the iPhone which worked immediately.
2-26 15:07
Use props
Fuxflight
lvl.1

Norway

Just bought the DJI Avata drone Explorer Combo. I hope that DJI as a professional company is able to soon fix this issue with the DJI RC Motion 2 controller not connecting with DJI Virtual Flight.

I think you owe your customer to fix this now, its been a long time without any updates.

Thank you
2-26 18:19
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

fansec7aa0fd Posted at 2-26 14:36
I don’t know how much time I waisted trying to get drone to take off, multiple calls to DJI support and not once did anyone tell me I needed to connect iPhone to the goggles for GPS location. Nothing in the literature says you need to connect goggles to a phone. I would have never bought the package knowing this. Also everyone is saying you can’t connect the motion control 2 to the Virtual Simulator, but when you fire up the simulator it shows the motion control 2 as a choice but you can never connect, what’s going on with that?? DJI needs to get their act together….

I understand the inconvenience. I will forward your feedback to the designated team for awareness. We appreciate your patience.
2-27 02:00
Use props
Erius
New

France

OK, so , to summarize, the Virtual flight app does not support my phone (Pixel 7, with vanilla Android) because it is 64 bits only, and it doesn't support my Motion controller 2.
I also never managed to make the motion controller 2 work with the PC version.
Software-wise, this is very disappointing.
3-23 09:41
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

Erius Posted at 3-23 09:41
OK, so , to summarize, the Virtual flight app does not support my phone (Pixel 7, with vanilla Android) because it is 64 bits only, and it doesn't support my Motion controller 2.
I also never managed to make the motion controller 2 work with the PC version.
Software-wise, this is very disappointing.

Hi there. At present, various third-party simulators are available in the market, including Uncrashed, Liftoff, DCL, and The Drone Racing League, all of which are compatible with our product. You may consider downloading and trying out these alternatives as well. Hope this helps.
3-23 21:56
Use props
Hemi089
lvl.1
Flight distance : 7493 ft
United States

Update, No flight SIM compatibility still and I just bought an Avata Integra MC2 combo and only a couple of the aforementioned flight sims are free and so far none seem or indicate in anyway they are compatible with DJI or DJI related products. Even the sims that use Real life drones in the games do not feature DJI. So whats the hold up exactly? DO yall need to crowd source development of a sim that works? Just release the code on GITHUB and give it a few days!
4-5 14:43
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules