Anybody using repeaters?
1184 8 2023-5-13
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Sanpanza
lvl.2
Flight distance : 539019 ft
United States

I was practicing the logistics of flying my Avata in a large moving studio with lots of walls and structures, and at some point, I lost signal integrity and I crashed because there were so many large impediments.

I have heard of people using repeaters to extend their range but that was outdoors. Does anyone know of a technical forum or solution where I could learn about this tech? I am building a model for flying in large factories and warehouses where I am going to run into signal degradation and need to figure out how to overcome it.

I thank you for your thoughts in advance.
2023-5-13
Use props
Burt37
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4009 ft
Australia

Back in the old days we got around dense walls and buildings by using the 900Mhz signal instead of the 2.4Ghz... Some radio allows for a module (and they are cheap as well) to send out the signal on a different frequency, (900Mhz is a much better penetrating signal... Flysky and Taranis radios used to have those module available...

You will also need to get the receiver with the same frequency... Just remember that at these frequencies you are starting to interfere with mobile band... You may also find some old 433Mhz stuff online...

Try here:

https://www.frsky-rc.com/product/r9m/

https://www.frsky-rc.com/product-category/modules/
2023-5-14
Use props
Sanpanza
lvl.2
United States

Burt37 Posted at 5-14 00:39
Back in the old days we got around dense walls and buildings by using the 900Mhz signal instead of the 2.4Ghz... Some radio allows for a module (and they are cheap as well) to send out the signal on a different frequency, (900Mhz is a much better penetrating signal... Flysky and Taranis radios used to have those module available...

You will also need to get the receiver with the same frequency... Just remember that at these frequencies you are starting to interfere with mobile band... You may also find some old 433Mhz stuff online...

Hi Burt367, I am trying to make it work with the Avata. Any thoughts on this?
2023-5-14
Use props
Burt37
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4009 ft
Australia

Sanpanza Posted at 5-14 07:48
Hi Burt367, I am trying to make it work with the Avata. Any thoughts on this?

I was going by your "I'm building a model"....
2023-5-14
Use props
Edward Carreon
New

United States

Burt37 Posted at 5-14 11:46

Yes, I mean a logistical model on how to fly complex flight paths in factories and warehouses.
2023-5-14
Use props
Edward Carreon
New

United States

Burt37 Posted at 5-14 11:46

Yes, I mean a logistical model on how to fly complex flight paths in factories and warehouses.
2023-5-14
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, Sanpanza. Thank you for reaching out. Since the drone crashed, it is highly recommended to send the unit in to check your drone for possible damage. You may submit an online repair request through this link: {https://repair.dji.com/repair/index}. If you need assistance with creating a ticket, you may contact DJI support at (https://www.dji.com/support). Regretfully, we don't have repeaters and don't support one. Please follow the local rules and regulations in your location. Thank you for your kind understanding and continued support.
2023-5-15
Use props
Sanpanza
lvl.2
United States

The crash is not the issue. The Avata continues to fly. If you have any useful advice  advice on how to solve my problem, that would be greatly appreciated.
2023-5-15
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Sanpanza Posted at 5-15 07:17
The crash is not the issue. The Avata continues to fly. If you have any useful advice  advice on how to solve my problem, that would be greatly appreciated.

Sorry for the late response. We totally understand your point, since the unit experience a crash, the unit might have a possible damage that cannot be fixed remotely and that's the reason why we required you to send the unit in for further diagnostics. If you decided to send it in, you may contact our team or create an online repair request using the link above. In addition, we don't have any guidance about the said 3rd-party accessory. Thank you for your understanding and support.
2023-5-28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules