Nikon Z8 compatibility
5599 11 2023-5-14
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
shelteraut
lvl.1

Austria

Hi,
is there any information about compatibility of the DJI RS3 with the upcoming Nikon Z8? I ordered mine which should come on May 25th, and from the geometrical point of view it should fit to the RS3.

Is DJI reading those threads? And how fast are they updating the firmware?

Would be nice to hear from you,

CU,
shelteraut
2023-5-14
Use props
Gregg Burt
lvl.1
United States

I can confirm the Z8 does work with the DJI Ronin RS3 Pro. You do have to use the first USB C port… the bottom port doesn’t function with the Ronin but does charge the battery in the Z8.
2023-5-27
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Thank you for your feedback. I will take this as a suggestion of yours about this new camera and will forward it to our designated team for attention. After the evaluation of the engineers, significant suggestions or requests will be implemented via the firmware update, app update, etc. For any updates, please stay tuned to the latest news on our DJI official website at www.dji.com. You may also want to check the link below for the list of camera and lens that is compatible with our Ronin Single-Handed Gimbal. Thank you for your valued support!

https://www.dji.com/support/compatibility
2023-5-28
Use props
djiuser_Xts2U2qSqij8
lvl.1

Poland

Gregg Burt Posted at 5-27 11:34
I can confirm the Z8 does work with the DJI Ronin RS3 Pro. You do have to use the first USB C port… the bottom port doesn’t function with the Ronin but does charge the battery in the Z8.

Does zoom also work in z8 with rs3?
2023-6-16
Use props
CarolBynum
lvl.1

United States

That is good news indeed!  Where does the other side of the cable connect and is there anything I need to set on the camera settings?  thank you very much
2023-9-21
Use props
djiuser_y7haMsnaIyb6
New

United States

Any idea when DJI is going to update Bluetooth connectivity for use with RS3 mini and RS3 Pro to work with Nikon Z8? Please??
2023-9-24
Use props
djiuser_y7haMsnaIyb6
New

United States

DJI Paladin Posted at 5-28 01:32
Thank you for your feedback. I will take this as a suggestion of yours about this new camera and will forward it to our designated team for attention. After the evaluation of the engineers, significant suggestions or requests will be implemented via the firmware update, app update, etc. For any updates, please stay tuned to the latest news on our DJI official website at www.dji.com. You may also want to check the link below for the list of camera and lens that is compatible with our Ronin Single-Handed Gimbal. Thank you for your valued support!

https://www.dji.com/support/compatibility

Please update the Bluetooth connectivity for operation with RS3 mini and RS3 Pro with Nikon Z8. This a very popular camera and it’s a darn shame that DJI seems to be ignoring Nikon customers. Thank you
2023-9-24
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

djiuser_y7haMsnaIyb6 Posted at 9-24 18:16
Please update the Bluetooth connectivity for operation with RS3 mini and RS3 Pro with Nikon Z8. This a very popular camera and it’s a darn shame that DJI seems to be ignoring Nikon customers. Thank you

Hello. We appreciate this feedback of yours. Rest assured that this will be forwarded to the relevant team. Thank you for your valued support.
2023-9-26
Use props
CarolBynum
lvl.1

United States

I am having trouble getting the Z8 to work with RS3 Pro.  I have the cable plugged in to the first USB C port as you say, and the other end in the camera port on the gimbal.  Nothing is working.  Do I need another Nikon compatible cord?  Any help would be greatly appreciated.  
2023-9-30
Use props
CarolBynum
lvl.1

United States

Had a huge revelation today.  With the multi camera cord properly installed, go to network menu.  USB data connection:  change to MTP/PTP. It worked!!!!!!!
2023-10-6
Use props
CarolBynum
lvl.1

United States

CarolBynum Posted at 9-30 06:26
I am having trouble getting the Z8 to work with RS3 Pro.  I have the cable plugged in to the first USB C port as you say, and the other end in the camera port on the gimbal.  Nothing is working.  Do I need another Nikon compatible cord?  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Had a huge revelation today.  With the multi camera cord properly installed, go to network menu on the Z8.  USB data connection:  change to MTP/PTP. It worked!!!!!!!
2023-10-6
Use props
BerrienDroneGuy
lvl.2
Flight distance : 5751 ft
United States

CarolBynum Posted at 2023-10-6 16:45
Had a huge revelation today.  With the multi camera cord properly installed, go to network menu on the Z8.  USB data connection:  change to MTP/PTP. It worked!!!!!!!

Thank you for that info! I had been testing the usbc port for an ethernet issue and forgot about that setting until I put camera back on Ronin gimbal!  Ronin gimbal record button was no longer working the Nikon z8, but changing the USB data connection back to MTP/PTP fixed the problem
2-18 18:40
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules