Question about the battery
471 9 2023-5-14
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_dBvFUp8rxChB
lvl.1

Bulgaria

Hi, I some article I read that the battery on mini 2 SE must be taken off when the drone isn't in use. So the battery must be outsude the drone when you don't used it because the intelligence discharge doesn't work when the battery is in the drone . In the article the author write that we must wait for future firmware update to fix that problem.  Is that true ?

And if it true - how I can check if my drone already had that firmware update?
2023-5-14
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 15997 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

The drone and controller firmwares are listed in the "about" section of the app.
No idea about your other questions, sorry.

2023-5-14
Use props
djiuser_dBvFUp8rxChB
lvl.1

Bulgaria

Ok. Thaks ,but still - how I will understand that the firmware is the updated one ? That works with the intelligent battery discharge ?
2023-5-14
Use props
Mobilehomer
First Officer
Flight distance : 18135846 ft
United States

The battery will discharge while in the drone. The same as when outside the drone. DJI has designed it to do that. When you fire up the drone it checks firmware. If the battery needs updating, it will tell you.
2023-5-14
Use props
djiuser_dBvFUp8rxChB
lvl.1

Bulgaria

I know that the dji design batteries like that ,but specialy for mini 2 SE model I read that there is a problem with intelligent battery discharge while the battery is in the drone
And will have in the future firmware update for that problem. But I forgot to see the date of the article that I read so I do not know if my battery had that firmware update
2023-5-14
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 15997 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

The app or the relevant "assitant 2" will check for updates if you let it and update the the drone & controller.The App will also update the battery firmware if it  needs it and if you let it.
2023-5-14
Use props
djiuser_dBvFUp8rxChB
lvl.1

Bulgaria

Ok. Thank you
2023-5-14
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi there. Thanks for reaching out. As mentioned in the comments above, the auto-discharging function will occur even when the battery is in the drone. To further check your concern, kindly share the article link here.
Additional info:
Battery auto-discharging protection: To prevent swelling, the battery automatically discharges to 96% of the battery level when it is idle for one day, and automatically discharges to 72% of the battery level when it is idle for 9 days. (It is normal to feel moderate heat being emitted from the battery during the
We'll be waiting for your update. Thank you.
2023-5-15
Use props
Dan4oEli
lvl.1

Bulgaria

My mistake - it was for mini 2 i see now

‘DJI is working on a firmware update for the DJI Mini 2 and its battery system to initiate auto-discharge when batteries are in the drone or charging hub and have not been used recently. When placed in the drone or charging hub, the batteries use a minute amount of charge to maintain vital functions and does not initiate auto-discharge. DJI recommends that batteries are removed from the drone and/or charging hub when batteries need to be stored for a long time even after the firmware update. DJI will update our community when firmware will be available when that information becomes available.’

LINK
2023-5-15
Use props
cyan
Ban Posts
Flight distance : 202326 ft
United States

Tip: the author has been banned or deleted automatically shield
1-7 16:37
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now