My Mini 2 no longer works with my iPad Mini 2 anymore.
2002 27 2023-5-14
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Nik In The Mud
lvl.3
Canada

I don't really fly that much but I when I do I do all the updates that are needed and then I would get some kind of CPU error on the iPad. I forget what the error was exactly but now the drone still works but it seems like it is losing signal when flying but the footage is ok and not cutting in and out. I just can't really fly like this because it is very annoying that I cannot do anything precise with this thing anymore. Do I need a new iPad Mini? Would the iPad Mini 4 work with the drone? I don't really want to spend 700 dollars on another tablet...

2023-5-14
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out and we're sorry for the trouble that this has caused. It is found that your mobile device is iPad Mini 2, and compatibility tests are required to be carried out. As there are many models that need to be tested currently, it cannot be resolved in the short term. We are really sorry for the inconvenience caused. If you have an urgent mission, we recommend you prepare a spare mobile device like iPad Mini 4 as it is listed as compatible with the DJI Fly app also to carry out the mission, instead of using this device to avoid the mission cannot be carried out due to compatibility issue. Thank you for your understanding. We are sorry for the inconvenience caused to you. Thank you for your understanding and support!
2023-5-14
Use props
Nik In The Mud
lvl.3
Canada

DJI Paladin Posted at 5-14 19:23
Hi there. Thank you for reaching out and we're sorry for the trouble that this has caused. It is found that your mobile device is iPad Mini 2, and compatibility tests are required to be carried out. As there are many models that need to be tested currently, it cannot be resolved in the short term. We are really sorry for the inconvenience caused. If you have an urgent mission, we recommend you prepare a spare mobile device like iPad Mini 4 as it is listed as compatible with the DJI Fly app also to carry out the mission, instead of using this device to avoid the mission cannot be carried out due to compatibility issue. Thank you for your understanding. We are sorry for the inconvenience caused to you. Thank you for your understanding and support!

You are making it sound like I have 600 hundred dollars to "spare". This is just terrific!
2023-5-15
Use props
Nik In The Mud
lvl.3
Canada

DJI Paladin Posted at 5-14 19:23

it does not say ipad mini 4 in the compatibility section. only IOS v10 or later. My old ipad mini 2 was v.12.5.7 or something like that and it still did not work. I do not want to buy an ipad mini 4 if it does not work...

COMPATIBILITY: the dji fly app requires ios  v10.0, android v6.0, or above. compatible devices include: iphone 11 pro  max, 11 pro, 11, xs max, xs, xr, x, 8 plus, 8, 7 plus, 7, 6s plus, 6s, 6  plus, 6, samsung galaxy s20, s10 Plus, s10, s9 Plus, s9, s8 Plus, s8,  s7 edge, s7, s6, note10 Plus, note9, note8, huawei p30 pro, p30, p20,  p10, mate 30 pro, nova 5, nova 4, nova 3e, nova 2, honor 8x, 10, 9, 20  pro, magic 2, mi 10, mi 8, mix 2s, mix 2, redmi note 5, oppo find x,  r15, vivo nex, x27, x21, x20a, oneplus 7, 6t, 5, pixel 4, 3 xl, 2 xl, 2,  lg v20, lg g6, sony xpeial 1. Operating Frequency 2.400-2.4835 GHz,  5.725-5.850 GHz. Operating Temperature 0° to 40°C (32° to 104°F)  
2023-5-17
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

Nik In The Mud Posted at 5-15 07:42
You are making it sound like I have 600 hundred dollars to "spare". This is just terrific!

We totally understand your request, Nik. I will be sending you a PM, kindly please check. Thank you.
2023-5-17
Use props
Nik In The Mud
lvl.3
United States

DJI Paladin Posted at 5-17 23:31
We totally understand your request, Nik. I will be sending you a PM, kindly please check. Thank you.

I tried my DJI Mini 2 with my iPad Mini 2 today and I was not getting the error anymore but the video lags on my tablet...I checked the footage and the footage is fine.
2023-5-18
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

Nik In The Mud Posted at 5-18 12:17
I tried my DJI Mini 2 with my iPad Mini 2 today and I was not getting the error anymore but the video lags on my tablet...I checked the footage and the footage is fine.

You may try to back up all the files on your tablet and try to reset it and check if the lagging issue on the DJI Fly app still appears. Please note that the iPad Mini 4 and DJI Fly app is compatible and have already been tested by our team therefore they can be used together, if you already purchase this mobile device and experience an issue, please don't hesitate to reach us. Thank you for your understanding.
2023-5-19
Use props
Nik In The Mud
lvl.3
Canada

DJI Paladin Posted at 5-19 02:21
You may try to back up all the files on your tablet and try to reset it and check if the lagging issue on the DJI Fly app still appears. Please note that the iPad Mini 4 and DJI Fly app is compatible and have already been tested by our team therefore they can be used together, if you already purchase this mobile device and experience an issue, please don't hesitate to reach us. Thank you for your understanding.

Hi, I really don't want to reset my ipad and to try and reinstall the DJI app only to find out that the IOS on the iPad Mini 2 would not install the DJI FLY APP
2023-5-19
Use props
Nik In The Mud
lvl.3
Canada

DJI Paladin Posted at 5-19 02:21
You may try to back up all the files on your tablet and try to reset it and check if the lagging issue on the DJI Fly app still appears. Please note that the iPad Mini 4 and DJI Fly app is compatible and have already been tested by our team therefore they can be used together, if you already purchase this mobile device and experience an issue, please don't hesitate to reach us. Thank you for your understanding.

So i just reset my iPad Mini 2 and reinstallled the DJI Fly app...now my drone does not communicate with my remote control. I can see the video feed on my iPad from the drone but I cannot take off.
The drones light is flashing red. What is the problem now?
2023-5-19
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

Nik In The Mud Posted at 5-19 17:10
So i just reset my iPad Mini 2 and reinstallled the DJI Fly app...now my drone does not communicate with my remote control. I can see the video feed on my iPad from the drone but I cannot take off.
The drones light is flashing red. What is the problem now?

Thank you for keeping us posted, Nik. Did you receive an error message on the DJI Fly app? Please provide us a screenshot showing the error message so we can check. Also, please try to re-link the aircraft to the controller and see if the issue persists. You may refer to the tutorial below. Please keep us posted. Thank you.

2023-5-19
Use props
Nik In The Mud
lvl.3
United States

DJI Paladin Posted at 5-19 19:10
Thank you for keeping us posted, Nik. Did you receive an error message on the DJI Fly app? Please provide us a screenshot showing the error message so we can check. Also, please try to re-link the aircraft to the controller and see if the issue persists. You may refer to the tutorial below. Please keep us posted. Thank you.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZpwXQyOEGjo

2023-5-29
Use props
Nik In The Mud
lvl.3
United States

DJI Paladin Posted at 5-19 19:10
Thank you for keeping us posted, Nik. Did you receive an error message on the DJI Fly app? Please provide us a screenshot showing the error message so we can check. Also, please try to re-link the aircraft to the controller and see if the issue persists. You may refer to the tutorial below. Please keep us posted. Thank you.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZpwXQyOEGjo

2023-5-29
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

Thank you for your response. Since the mobile device used is not compatible device as mentioned above, please note that the issue is caused by incompatibility. Please use a recommended mobile phone to have a better flying experience. Thank you for your understanding and support.
2023-6-1
Use props
xboxmoddr
lvl.4
Flight distance : 660039 ft
United Kingdom

i get this on my mini 2 with iPhone 7plus with iOS 15.7.5 seems  dji rc controller is what they want every one to use as its a lot cheaper than a new tablet or phone
2023-6-1
Use props
Nik In The Mud
lvl.3
United States

DJI Paladin Posted at 6-1 03:03
Thank you for your response. Since the mobile device used is not compatible device as mentioned above, please note that the issue is caused by incompatibility. Please use a recommended mobile phone to have a better flying experience. Thank you for your understanding and support.

Ive had the thing working for 2 years!!! Not compatible? the ipad mini 2 tablet was working perfectly with the DJI mini 2 when i bought the drone 2 years ago...it only started giving me these errors after the second last DJI update...this is complete bull...!!!
2023-6-1
Use props
nazgull
lvl.2
Canada

Perhaps an earlier version of DJI Fly will work? These are "out here". But if you have also updated your drone and controller you might not be able to regress very far back, as these can't be rolled back. Not easily, anyways.  But I'd try it, were it me, being sure to flush the tablet of the DJI Fly stuff as much as possible. When flushed, you will  have to log in again to DJI.
2023-6-1
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

Nik In The Mud Posted at 6-1 06:47
Ive had the thing working for 2 years!!! Not compatible? the ipad mini 2 tablet was working perfectly with the DJI mini 2 when i bought the drone 2 years ago...it only started giving me these errors after the second last DJI update...this is complete bull...!!!

We totally understand your request. Due to low CPU performance, the mobile device becomes fully loaded upon launching DJI Fly. This issue often occurs due to high temperature, low battery level, or aging of the mobile device. Compatible mobile phones have been tested and their performances are up to standard. Please use a compatible device to avoid this issue. Thank you for your understanding.
2023-6-3
Use props
Nik In The Mud
lvl.3
Canada

I did some research and instead of selling my drone I bought a new 125 dollar Samsung Galaxy Tab A7 Lite and the DJI Fly app works just fine so far, some lag but I've seen videos that say as long as you keep the drone in the line of site of the controller. Here is a link to the video that states it...
2023-6-6
Use props
nazgull
lvl.2
Canada

One setting that helps low-spec android devices is to NOT "cache video"....this was a help for several that experienced blackouts and disconnections in DJI FLY
2023-6-7
Use props
Nik In The Mud
lvl.3
Canada

nazgull Posted at 6-7 05:59
One setting that helps low-spec android devices is to NOT "cache video"....this was a help for several that experienced blackouts and disconnections in DJI FLY

thanks for letting me know!
2023-6-7
Use props
Nik In The Mud
lvl.3
Canada

nazgull Posted at 6-7 05:59

So far this has helped so much...so far so good. THANK YOU!
2023-6-7
Use props
nazgull
lvl.2
Canada

You're very welcome, Nik! Glad I have a tip that could help!  I've never missed these. I think caching low res pix are ok, but the videos are a killer.

On my Motorola G Fast and Lenovo M8 tablet (2021) if you want a comparison per processors and Ram etc., I don't recall having trouble making the low res panoramasor the dronies etc, but I much prefer panoramas made on the computer from the files on the memory card. Also, If you have the cash, Litchi has been a good bargain for the special function live action shots and more if it'll run on your device.

Turning off wifi and apps in the background might give more responsiveness too. IMO, this is a good idea on any device. As devices improve, developers tend to take advantage and fill up whatever performance is gained..

2023-6-8
Use props
Nik In The Mud
lvl.3
Canada

nazgull Posted at 6-8 05:42
You're very welcome, Nik! Glad I have a tip that could help!  I've never missed these. I think caching low res pix are ok, but the videos are a killer.

On my Motorola G Fast and Lenovo M8 tablet (2021) if you want a comparison per processors and Ram etc., I don't recall having trouble making the low res panoramasor the dronies etc, but I much prefer panoramas made on the computer from the files on the memory card. Also, If you have the cash, Litchi has been a good bargain for the special function live action shots and more if it'll run on your device.

Thanks again Nazgull! I bought Litchi because DJI Fly would not work on my phone. Now that I have a tablet that can support DJI Fly app is it recommended to install Litchi on the same device? The tablet I have is brand new and I have not installed anything but DJI FLY and it works so far so good with video cache off, but there are also some default apps on the tablet that i think may be taking up resources automatically, should I turn all these off int the settings of the tablet? i totally forgot where the settings were...im trying to figure it out now.
2023-6-8
Use props
nazgull
lvl.2
Canada

Yes, Litchi works very well on the same device. In fact, I recall DJI MUST be installed because Litchi needs know you are "logged in". I don't know if Litchi software is piggy-backing" on the installed DJI software to control the drone but it might be.

This following is from my android perspective but:

What should  happen, when both are aboard, and first time startup, when you turn the (usb connected)remote controller on,  is that your device will present a pop-up asking whether to use DJI Fly or Litchi. Choose whichever but don't checkmark the "Always Open With" selection. If you do, or say, DJI  Fly always starts without that option, go into the devices settings, choose"Apps" or whatever , find DJI Fly in the list and "Clear Defaults".  Likewise if you get stuck into Litchi (no pop-up choice)
2023-6-10
Use props
Nik In The Mud
lvl.3
Canada

nazgull Posted at 6-10 07:59
Yes, Litchi works very well on the same device. In fact, I recall DJI MUST be installed because Litchi needs know you are "logged in". I don't know if Litchi software is piggy-backing" on the installed DJI software to control the drone but it might be.

This following is from my android perspective but:

I bought a new phone then found out it was not compatible with the dji fly app so i bought litchi...i never used it but i don't recall having to do anything with dji...i will find out and let you know
2023-6-10
Use props
nazgull
lvl.2
Canada

Yes my memory could be wrong in detail. I have both Fly and Litchi installed and used Fly to enable the drone from day 1,  but perhaps it's not needed and Litchi can do it alone.
From Litchi (https://flylitchi.com/help)

"When starting the app for the first time after installation, you will need to be connected to Internet in order to register the app with DJI servers. Registration with DJI servers can be done without being connected to a DJI drone. The registration is done in the background, if the registration failed you will be notified with an error popup. Be aware that some Internet connections may have troubles connecting to DJI servers, in such a case make sure to try a different Internet connection (home wifi, mobile data connection, a friend's connection, public wifi, etc). "

"registering the app" seems a little ambiguous if I recall the process via DJI Fly wherein I got the impression the drone itself is linked to me,  and not just the "app". Certainly I'd expect a linkage between me and the drone somehwere if I had DJI "extra care" but ,

(Edit added... this is from a thread involving accounts and  "Care refresh ".  https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... 404&pid=2785922 but without Care refresh?....

Do report back! I'm curious too!

2023-6-11
Use props
fans2d527b55
lvl.1
Belgium

I have the same problem.
1-19 22:27
Use props
Shawgod
Second Officer
Flight distance : 5173104 ft
United States

I had the same problem with the iPad mini 4 and my Phantom 4 Pro.  I ended up using a iPad mini 5 and that took care of the problem.  The processor is just too slow to process the information is my guess.
1-20 07:37
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules