Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Mavic 3 Pro Cine / RC Pro GPS Message Bug?
1636 12 2023-5-14
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
flojo
lvl.4
Flight distance : 328 ft
Germany

Hello everybody!

I experienced a software bug, at least I assume it is one   I never had that problem with my previous Mavic 3 Cine / RC Pro. But because I sold it, I could not compare it right now.

When I power up the Mavic 3 Pro Cine indoors, there is a message appearing on the RC Pro saying that the GPS Signal is weak. Geo zones are affected/limited. Fly with caution.

Link to Dropbox for Video to see how it behaves:

IMG_4302.jpg

Now, I get it, that indoors I do not have a GPS Signal. So the message itself is not the problem but its appearance. It shows up for a few seconds, then disappears for about 3 seconds (without touching anything on the screen) and then reappears again. And then it disappears again, reappears and so on. It is stuck in a loop as long as I have a weak or no GPS Signal. When I place the drone outside and it connects to some satellites the message disappears for good.

That behavior I did not experience with the Mavic 3 Cine and the RC Pro. I powered up my drone lots of times indoors, even when it was just to offload the files from the internal SSDs. So I assume that bug came along with the new firmware with the RC Pro, could that be? I am using the latest firmware for everything (Mavic 3 Pro Cine and RC Pro) as of today. The Fly Safe Database is also up to date.

DJI, do you know anything about that Message behavior? Is anybody else experiencing it? I hope it is a software bug and not hardware related. The drone itself works like a charm when flying and I would hate to send it back

Thanks everybody!

2023-5-14
Use props
TonyPHX
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 11229610 ft
  • >>>
United States

Maybe this is just beyond my understanding, but what is the real concern here?  When outside you have no GPS issue or warning right?  This does not seem like a cause for concern.  
2023-5-14
Use props
flojo
lvl.4
Germany

TonyPHX Posted at 5-14 11:07
Maybe this is just beyond my understanding, but what is the real concern here?  When outside you have no GPS issue or warning right?  This does not seem like a cause for concern.

That there is this message, that is not the problem. It is a little bit distracting and feels like a bug when it disappears and reappears every 3 seconds without me doing/touching anything on the screen. It comes, goes away, comes back, goes away and so on. Imaging you computer poping up the same message over and over again all the time. If I remember correctly before that current firmware, the message was just there without disappearing. It only disappeared when I tapped on it. That behavior was total fine by me. I got the message, could leave it there or tap it away if I wanted to.
2023-5-14
Use props
TonyPHX
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 11229610 ft
  • >>>
United States

flojo Posted at 5-14 11:15
That there is this message, that is not the problem. It is a little bit distracting and feels like a bug when it disappears and reappears every 3 seconds without me doing/touching anything on the screen. It comes, goes away, comes back, goes away and so on. Imaging you computer poping up the same message over and over again all the time. If I remember correctly before that current firmware, the message was just there without disappearing. It only disappeared when I tapped on it. That behavior was total fine by me. I got the message, could leave it there or tap it away if I wanted to.

Yeah, that makes sense.  It's like "you showed me the error once, now stop... I get it."

I see your point.
2023-5-14
Use props
Johnnokomis
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 13349895 ft
  • >>>
United States

Since you're indoors and powering it on only to offload media from the internal SSD, why do you even need the RC on? Leave the RC off, offload your media, cut off the drone, you never see the message. Problem solved.
2023-5-14
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out and we do apologize for the inconvenience. This warning message is normal when doing a setup indoors. We will also coordinate this with our team regarding your request about the message that keeps on showing. If you experience this message outdoors, please don't hesitate to reach us. Thank you for your understanding and support.
2023-5-14
Use props
Geo_Drone
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2676129 ft
  • >>>
Romania

Johnnokomis Posted at 5-14 18:42
Since you're indoors and powering it on only to offload media from the internal SSD, why do you even need the RC on? Leave the RC off, offload your media, cut off the drone, you never see the message. Problem solved.

That was not the point here.
2023-5-15
Use props
flojo
lvl.4
Germany

DJI Paladin Posted at 5-14 19:07
Hi there. Thank you for reaching out and we do apologize for the inconvenience. This warning message is normal when doing a setup indoors. We will also coordinate this with our team regarding your request about the message that keeps on showing. If you experience this message outdoors, please don't hesitate to reach us. Thank you for your understanding and support.

Hello DJI Paladin. Thank you for your response. If this behavior is normal then I think it is not handled well. Please see the attached Video via the Dropbox link till the end.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/gv0u8zuwit36ubu/mavic3pro_cine_gps_message_warning.mp4?dl=0

mavic3pro_cine_gps_message_firmware.jpg

If I want to fly indoors that message constantly shows up then disappears and then reappeared all the time. That is distracting. When a warning message pops up, I take it seriously. Every time that message shows up again, I first think, it is maybe a new message. So what happens? After 2 or 3 times, I tend to ignore that duplicated message. But that is not good when then an actual other message might show up. And as I said before, it is really distracting during flying (again only indoors, but there we pilots should also concentrate as well).

So could you please change that to popping up one time, staying there for as long I do not tap on it and when I do, it disappears? I think that would be the perfect behavior. Of course, when I get a GPS Signal and then loose it again, then that message should appear again. But not as you see in the video when the circumstances do not change at all.

And last, if a message comes up, goes away and comes up again all the time, it feels like something is broken or not working correctly.

2023-5-15
Use props
flojo
lvl.4
Germany

Johnnokomis Posted at 5-14 18:42
Since you're indoors and powering it on only to offload media from the internal SSD, why do you even need the RC on? Leave the RC off, offload your media, cut off the drone, you never see the message. Problem solved.

First, that would not solve the problem, just ignoring it. And second, what if I want to fly indoors. There of course I will not have GPS and then that message shows up and disappears and reappears all the time. That is distracting during the flight.
2023-5-15
Use props
flojo
lvl.4
Germany

flojo Posted at 5-15 03:04
Hello DJI Paladin. Thank you for your response. If this behavior is normal then I think it is not handled well. Please see the attached Video via the Dropbox link till the end.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/gv0u8zuwit36ubu/mavic3pro_cine_gps_message_warning.mp4?dl=0

Something to add regarding my "wish":
Wasn't that behavior I am wishing for something we had all the time? When I remember correctly, High Wind warnings... they were showing up and staying there and only disappeared when I tapped on that. Of course, when then a high wind was noticed by the drone again, then the message showed up also a second time. Also with bad vision when the sun was to bright and the vision sensors could not work properly... a message showed up and stayed there unless I tapped it away. Why is it now different with the weak GPS message?
2023-5-15
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

flojo Posted at 5-15 03:04

Thank you for your response and we totally understand your request. As I have mentioned above, this message is a warning about flying indoors as it is too risky to fly in the said scenario. We will surely record this feedback of yours and will coordinate with our team. Thank you for your understanding.
2023-5-17
Use props
flojo
lvl.4
Germany

Thank you for your reply! Ok, just to conclude everything:

1. DJI did change the behavior of that Message and therefore it is not the same as it is with the Mavic 3 (if I remember correctly, there the message stays on the screen until I tap on it - or receive GPS Signal)?
2. This behavior (disappearing, reappearing and so on) is now intended from DJI?

If that is the case, then every one with a weak or no GPS Signal, so flying indoors, in a cave or in a steep valley will have to deal with that message behavior. If that is not a bug, then thanks for the clarification. But I personally think it is a bad decision and distracting. A message should stay on the screen all the time until I acknowledge it. Si if I want to focus, I should be able to tap it away. But that is just my opinion.

Anyway DJI Paladin, thank you very much for your time.

At last, did nobody else see that message? Is nobody powering up the drone indoors sometimes?
2023-5-18
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

flojo Posted at 5-18 02:18
Thank you for your reply! Ok, just to conclude everything:

1. DJI did change the behavior of that Message and therefore it is not the same as it is with the Mavic 3 (if I remember correctly, there the message stays on the screen until I tap on it - or receive GPS Signal)?

You are always welcome, flojo. We will take note of this recommendation of yours and will surely forward it to our team. Please don't hesitate to reach us if you have other inquiries. Thank you for your valued support. Happy flying!
2023-5-28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules