1756 9 2023-5-14
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
shayshayart.com
lvl.2
Flight distance : 2870725 ft
  • >>>
United States

The offline maps download needs to allow users to select a bigger area! I should be able to download my entire city/county in one process. With a very, very inexpensive sd card, users should have plenty of space to download larger files. If I want my map to work anywhere I go, I'd need to manually download dozens of maps, slowly and manually, with lot's of overlap which is actually using up much more memory than necessary. And if I'm missing something, please let me know, I can't figure out how to get more than a few square miles at a time.

2023-5-14
Use props
Niknik
First Officer
Flight distance : 1595640 ft
  • >>>
Greece

Totally agree, It should be min 6 times bigger and up to a whole country at once
2023-5-14
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Thank you for your feedback. I will take this as a suggestion of yours and will forward it to our designated team for attention. After the evaluation of the engineers, significant suggestions or requests will be implemented via the firmware update, app update, etc. For any updates, please stay tuned to the latest news on our DJI official website at www.dji.com. Thank you for your valued support!
2023-5-14
Use props
Johnnokomis
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 13349895 ft
  • >>>
United States

I don't understand, I just downloaded an offline map that's a little over 9000 square miles. I could have kept going bigger too.

When I export it though it exports as a .MP file. Hey Paladin, here's your chance to prove you're not a scripted bot... What in the world is a .mp file and how do you view it?

2023-5-14
Use props
frankymusik
First Officer
Flight distance : 27841053 ft
  • >>>
Germany

Johnnokomis Posted at 5-14 19:40
I don't understand, I just downloaded an offline map that's a little over 9000 square miles. I could have kept going bigger too.

[view_image]

Which drone and which controller did you use for that...???   
2023-5-14
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

+1 as that would be very helpful.  Hopefully, DJI will strongly consider this request.  
2023-5-15
Use props
Johnnokomis
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 13349895 ft
  • >>>
United States

frankymusik Posted at 5-14 22:06
Which drone and which controller did you use for that...???

RC Pro Enterprise & DJI Pilot 2 app. Maybe DJI Fly is where the limitation originates.  
2023-5-15
Use props
frankymusik
First Officer
Flight distance : 27841053 ft
  • >>>
Germany

Johnnokomis Posted at 5-15 04:40
RC Pro Enterprise & DJI Pilot 2 app. Maybe DJI Fly is where the limitation originates.

... yes, of course, that explains everything!
With the Fly App there are only these "tiny snippets"...      
2023-5-15
Use props
j.teuffel
lvl.1
Flight distance : 161801 ft
Germany

BUMP!
Please allow large Map downloads!
2023-11-19
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 15997 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I've never really bothered with maps so apologises if this is a daft question......
when you are looking at a map can't you simply zoom out and get the area shown downloaded and save the zoomed out area?
2023-11-19
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules