Dlog or Dlog M
19784 9 2023-5-14
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_ZznMEqEZiS7u
New
Malaysia

Hi what is the difference between the Dlog and Dlog M in the new firmware update for mavic 3?
2023-5-14
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi there. Thanks for reaching out. Kindly refer to the following details:
D-Log M: D-Log M allows the camera sensor to record enough dynamic range. As the photo has been processed, it leaves less room for grading in post-production compared with D-Log, but you can more easily color grade during post-processing.
D-Log: D-Log allows the camera sensor to pull as much dynamic information from the scene, get the maximum dynamic range compared with other color modes, and give you more flexibility in your post-production as the photo is not processed. But it will devote more time to post-processing as LUTs should be used to color grade D-Log footage before post-processing.
For more details, refer to D-Log D-Gamut Whitepaper from this link
We hope this clarifies your concern.
2023-5-15
Use props
JoeyChm
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1482448 ft
  • >>>
United States

DJI Tony Posted at 5-15 00:26
Hi there. Thanks for reaching out. Kindly refer to the following details:
D-Log M: D-Log M allows the camera sensor to record enough dynamic range. As the photo has been processed, it leaves less room for grading in post-production compared with D-Log, but you can more easily color grade during post-processing.
D-Log: D-Log allows the camera sensor to pull as much dynamic information from the scene, get the maximum dynamic range compared with other color modes, and give you more flexibility in your post-production as the photo is not processed. But it will devote more time to post-processing as LUTs should be used to color grade D-Log footage before post-processing.

Calling all Air 2S owners: DJI has removed DLOG from the Air 2S and replaced it with DLOGM.  I have opened a ticket with DJI regarding this. Their website STILL says it has DLOG.   It is unacceptable for DJI to remove DLOG after it has been on the Air 2S for more than two years. Probably a ploy to phase out the Air 2S in favor of the Mavic 3 line.   Call Support 818.235.0789 and let them know you have an issue with this.  Maybe we'll get it back if enough complain.
2023-5-19
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

JoeyChm Posted at 5-19 09:28
Calling all Air 2S owners: DJI has removed DLOG from the Air 2S and replaced it with DLOGM.  I have opened a ticket with DJI regarding this. Their website STILL says it has DLOG.   It is unacceptable for DJI to remove DLOG after it has been on the Air 2S for more than two years. Probably a ploy to phase out the Air 2S in favor of the Mavic 3 line.   Call Support 818.235.0789 and let them know you have an issue with this.  Maybe we'll get it back if enough complain.

Hi there. Thanks for your feedback. We will relay this to the designated team for feedback. We're sorry for the inconvenience this may have caused.
2023-5-20
Use props
djiuser_UpWkju2q8mtt
lvl.1

Sweden

DJI Tony Posted at 5-20 03:24
Hi there. Thanks for your feedback. We will relay this to the designated team for feedback. We're sorry for the inconvenience this may have caused.

It’s so wrong. I do a lot of color grading. Pls bring Dlog back.
2023-5-23
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

djiuser_UpWkju2q8mtt Posted at 5-23 15:01
It’s so wrong. I do a lot of color grading. Pls bring Dlog back.

We are very sorry for the trouble caused by the naming problem. The color mode supported by Air 2S is D-Log M. Since it was not named uniformly at that time, it was displayed as D-Log.
After we discovered the naming problem, we corrected it in time. At present, it has been corrected to the correct D-Log M on the official website and App. At the same time, we are very grateful for your feedback. We will also conduct internal verification in the subsequent naming, and will not happen this type of problem again. Thanks for your understanding and support.
2023-5-24
Use props
Jairo Rojas
lvl.1
Flight distance : 32566 ft
Costa Rica

Calling all Air 2S owners: DJI has removed DLOG from the Air 2S and replaced it with DLOGM.  I have opened a ticket with DJI regarding this. Their website STILL says it has DLOG.   It is unacceptable for DJI to remove DLOG after it has been on the Air 2S for more than two years. Probably a ploy to phase out the Air 2S in favor of the Mavic 3 line.   Call Support 818.235.0789 and let them know you have an issue with this.  Maybe we'll get it back if enough complain.

I notice the same thing, It's terrible for me since I color grade video on land with cameras and the air shoots.
2023-8-8
Use props
fans770e2903
New
Flight distance : 263530 ft
Italy

Hi! I’ve a Mavic 3 Classic, so is better D-log or D-log M? And is normal that if I use D-log I cannot to use an ISO less than 400? Thank you! Note that I know well to do post production and color correction, usin Davinci Resolve.
2023-8-16
Use props
EFPDroneFootage
lvl.2
Flight distance : 13586 ft

United Kingdom

Scary I never noticed this, was it in 2023?
2023-11-9
Use props
JoiCam
lvl.4
Flight distance : 771434 ft
Iceland

fans770e2903 Posted at 2023-8-16 15:02
Hi! I’ve a Mavic 3 Classic, so is better D-log or D-log M? And is normal that if I use D-log I cannot to use an ISO less than 400? Thank you! Note that I know well to do post production and color correction, usin Davinci Resolve.

Keeping it from going below iso 400 is one  of the main factors that helps preserve DR in the image.
1-13 16:52
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules