If your Android Go app is working, What device and setting are you using?
3079 5 2015-8-25
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
jayceew
lvl.1
Flight distance : 9491 ft
United States

Hello All,
Just wondering what devices pilots are having the best results with.
I'm Using v1.3.2 firmware with Android go app v2.0.2 on my P3 Advanced.
I use a Nextbook ares 8 tablet with v5.01 lollipop ($78.00 @ walmart)
I use it only for my P3 and have nothing else running on it.
I have local cache turned off and streaming at 6k.
So far I have had 0 problems. No glitching, no crashes, smooth video.
The screen is not as bright as I would like, but with the visor it's not bad.
Picture and video quality is superb.

As a side note I have not had any problems with any firmware or app version with this setup.

Tell us what you got !!!

2015-8-25
Use props
mrapl1
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3681 ft
United States

Jayceew, just wondering, will you be updating your quads firmware to 1.4.10 and if so, will it still problem free...?
I've had it work for about one minute with my Kyocera Brigadier Cell Phone Android 4.4.2 but have not been able to get it back since. Also tried on ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T Android 4.2.1 and CHUWI hi8 Dual Boot Tablet CW15009  Android 4.4.4 as well as Windows 10 with Andriod emulator, program ran but would not connect to craft. No other apps running and all three in airplane mode.

Screenshot_2015-09-09-11-51-29.png
30 seconds of golden brown goodness..............
2015-9-10
Use props
jayceew
lvl.1
United States

mrapl1 Posted at 2015-9-10 05:30
Jayceew, just wondering, will you be updating your quads firmware to 1.4.10 and if so, will it s ...

I just did the update this morning. Did two 15 minute test flights. flawless. No startup problems, no dropouts or stuttering , the 2.7k video is awesome. Everything works, Logs are all there. what else can I say. My google map is still zoomed out when I start up, but that's probably something I'm doing incorrectly. Oh yea, I didn't spend a lot of time on the new features, but once I figured out how to turn the stuff on all seemed to work ok (you have to be in the air before they will come up). Point of interest is cool, turned the others on and nothing crashed so I guess they are OK. Was dissapointed in waypoints, I thought you could draw a line on the map and have the copter follow the line but no. Maybe in the future.

I think having lollipop is the key. And shutting off all the stuff you don't use to fly. My tablet is dedicated to P3, I use it for nothing else.
2015-9-13
Use props
mrapl1
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3681 ft
United States

jayceew@comcast Posted at 2015-9-14 04:02
I just did the update this morning. Did two 15 minute test flights. flawless. No startup problems,  ...

jayceew,
       Very nice, glad to see it all works and no new problems. I think you may be onto something with the mobile device running Lollipop, I will have to keep an eye out for that as any info I can gather in order to figure why I am unable to return to the intelligent mode will help. Thanks so much for the update and enjoy...!
2015-9-13
Use props
info
lvl.1

France

I wrote about the dji GO app on Samsung Galaxy tab 3 with Android 4.4.2 and what I had to do to make it work (so far, anyway), here: http://forum.dji.com/thread-30981-1-1.html
2015-9-14
Use props
jayceew
lvl.1
United States

mrapl1 Posted at 2015-9-13 18:32
jayceew,
       Very nice, glad to see it all works and no new problems. I think you may be onto s ...

I also clear the dji go app cache in my tablet and reformat the sd card in the p3a before i start for the day.
windy today no flying
2015-9-14
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules