Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Obstacle Avoidance auto turn on
1019 6 2023-5-15
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans42cf090d
lvl.1
Flight distance : 184124 ft
Netherlands

Hello there,

Today I was flying in a warehouse to make video's of interior products. The paths are narrow, but big enough to fly though. I bought propeller guards so my drone can't be damaged. But I wanted to turn of the obstacle avoidance, because the drone stops every time and the video's are not smooth at all. However, every time I turn off the obstacle avoidance and I turn back to the fly screen, the obstacle avoidance is turned on automatically again. I checked in tripod, normal and sport mode and everytime it turns on the obstacle avoidance again. Does anyone know how I can fly without the obstacle avoidance?

Thank you, Dayenne
2023-5-15
Use props
djiuser_aVZ1kTtjrKrv
lvl.1
Flight distance : 842343 ft

United Kingdom

In the Settings, go to Safety. Then turn APAS off. That might work.
2023-5-15
Use props
djiuser_aVZ1kTtjrKrv
lvl.1
Flight distance : 842343 ft

United Kingdom

djiuser_aVZ1kTtjrKrv Posted at 5-15 07:19
In the Settings, go to Safety. Then turn APAS off. That might work.

Also know as 'Advanced Pilot Assistance Systems.' Also, above that, there is obstacle detection which you could turn off.
2023-5-15
Use props
JJB*
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 12225059 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Hi Dayenne,

Next time make a screen recording to see what happend, plus share h=the flightlog for this issue.

In sport mode the OA is always off, so if they turn on automatically....really strange   sure about this ??

cheers
JJB
2023-5-15
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, Dayenne. Thanks for reaching out, and we're sorry for the inconvenience.  If Obstacle Avoidance is set to "Off," the aircraft will not avoid obstacles, supposedly. If there are obstacles in the direction of flight and you do not stop moving the stick, the aircraft will respond to your stick movement and may collide with the obstacles. However, since this is not the case for, kindly post a short screen recording as mentioned below for further checking. We will be waiting for your update. Thank you.

2023-5-16
Use props
philipbrown4
New
Flight distance : 14708 ft

United Kingdom

Hi everyone , im very new to the drone world and ive just bought the DJI mini 3 pro , ive taken it out twice and today i was trying to Obstacle avoidance but when i went into the safety menu there is no option at all for this feature , i really have no idea what to do now , ive checked the firmware is up to date . can someone pleas help me .
2023-6-15
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

philipbrown4 Posted at 6-15 10:11
Hi everyone , im very new to the drone world and ive just bought the DJI mini 3 pro , ive taken it out twice and today i was trying to Obstacle avoidance but when i went into the safety menu there is no option at all for this feature , i really have no idea what to do now , ive checked the firmware is up to date . can someone pleas help me .

Hi there. We do apologize for the inconvenience caused. Can you please confirm if the remote controller and DJI fly app are connected to the aircraft? If you still experience the issue, please provide us a screen recording showing the settings on your DJI Fly app. Lastly, are you using the DJI RC or a standard remote controller (RC-N1)? Please keep us posted. Thank you.
2023-6-24
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules