2345 43 2015-8-25
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
dji-p3p1
lvl.4
Flight distance : 534970 ft
Australia

SpunOne69 Posted at 2015-8-27 09:48
I was playing around with the different flight modes yesterday...In P-OPTI it flew fine, but when I  ...

Are you serious? - Please tell me you are joking.

If you NOT Joking then before touching your P3 again, to avoid any mishaps/bad experiences, Please, Please Please read the manual, and watch a few video tutorials.

There are a few very experienced pilots on this forum that are really helpful, but can only provide limited assistance if you don't know the basics.
2016-3-9
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

dji-p3p1 Posted at 2016-3-10 16:01
Are you serious? - Please tell me you are joking.

If you NOT Joking then before touching your P3 a ...

Ah, that post was 6 months ago, he is probably not even on this forum any longer.
2016-3-9
Use props
dji-p3p1
lvl.4
Flight distance : 534970 ft
Australia

Geebax Posted at 2016-3-10 14:05
Ah, that post was 6 months ago, he is probably not even on this forum any longer.

Thanks buddy. I didn't realise.  
2016-3-10
Use props
droneflyers.com
Second Officer
Flight distance : 60709 ft
  • >>>
United States

citivas Posted at 2016-3-8 10:11
How do you know there's been less than 5 "true" fly-aways?

The post said 25 - and, of course, that would grow as more P3's sell.

You are correct - no one can put a number on it because it depends how you are going to define it.

BUT, DJI's harshest critics usually point to a single P2 which flew away and was hacked deeply into and a hardware problem was found.

My point is not to come up with the proper %, but rather to say that most of them we read about coincidentally seem to be newer pilots or people who don't take the months and years beforehand to educate themselves about the technologies involved.

You could compare it to cars. Lots of cars have accidents. A small percentage are due to some defect in the hardware or software. Most of the others are due to human error of some sort. The driver, the conditions, whether the car has been maintained...all come into the equation.

It can be said with a fair amount of certainty that DJI consumer models are the more reliable that exist today. I say this from having put together sales numbers as well as various reports over the months and years.

No, they are not perfect. The P4 may - if all the hardware and software are perfected - be even more reliable due to having backup IMU's and Compass.

One of the well known DJI repair shops just experienced their first P2 flyaway the other day - it was sent in by a customer complaining of the same behavior. This obviously is a hardware flaw in the particular unit.

Even then, the experienced pilot was able to largely save the drone by shutting the motors off at 250 feet high and then turning them back on at 100 feet high so the crash was at a relatively slow speed.

This is but one example of the part that the pilot plays in all these events.
2016-3-10
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules