Goggles 2 to ipad
1849 6 2023-5-15
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Cloudsuck
lvl.2
United States

My goggles 2 won't connect to my IPAD DJI  FLY on the first step of initializing. Done all the steps in order and it won't move on to step two.  Help?

Is this how I update the goggles or is there another step somewhere?  I'm trying to get my motion controller 2 and goggles to work on my mini 3 pro. Aircraft is 06 updated.
2023-5-15
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, Cloudsuck. Thank you for reaching out. What kind of iPad do you have? The DJI Fly app is available on the following iPad models: iPad Pro (9.7-inch), iPad Air 2 (9.7-inch), iPad mini 4 (8-inch), iPad Pro (10.5-inch), iPad Pro 2018 (11-inch), and iPad Pro (12.9-inch).

But if you are using iOS 15 or later on your iPad iOS system, it is not recommended to use it with DJI Fly. Please use another device or use DJI Assistant 2 (Consumer Drones Series) to update the Goggles and RC Motion 2. Here is the download link: (https://www.dji.com/downloads/so ... sumer-drones-series).
2023-5-15
Use props
Cloudsuck
lvl.2
United States

But DJI assistant 2 won't download on my iPad. And if I try to download windows 10 to my computer it says that the download is not compatible. And DJI ASSISTANT 2 is not in the Apple App Store.
Ok-- I was finally able to download the Windows. Standby. Thanks

I got the program to load onto my laptop. But when I plug the goggles in with the supplied wire and power on the goggles, the computer beeps and says that I am plugged in however, the program that shows me a picture asking me to plug-in does not see me - it will not react - I can go no further.

My iPad is gen 9 and update 16.4.1      Latest!
2023-5-16
Use props
Cloudsuck
lvl.2
United States

See my edited previous message
2023-5-16
Use props
Cloudsuck
lvl.2
United States

Ok. So now I got the program (assistant 2) loaded on an Apple desktop. BUT it won't run it because it can’t be sure there is no malware!  This is getting ridiculous. Do I really have to buy a smartphone and all its crap to work your system???
2023-5-16
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Cloudsuck@gmavt.net Posted at 5-16 10:23
Ok. So now I got the program (assistant 2) loaded on an Apple desktop. BUT it won't run it because it can’t be sure there is no malware!  This is getting ridiculous. Do I really have to buy a smartphone and all its crap to work your system???

Hi there. Sorry for the late response. We're sorry for this unpleasant experience. Can you please confirm if you still experience the said issue? Please open first the DJI Assistant 2 software on your computer and connect the Goggles 2, follow the prompt, and update the firmware. If you still experience the issue, please take a screenshot showing the error message on the program so we can check. Please keep us posted. Thank you.
2023-6-4
Use props
Cloudsuck
lvl.2
United States

Thanks. Nothing worked so I shipped goggles and  controller back to the service center in California. I asked them to update both of them. They’ve been very good about it and a man even called me. It may be the cables I was using. I’ve sent the cable that comes with the kit back to them for their evaluation. Thanks for all the help. John.
2023-6-4
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules