3586 25 2023-5-15
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
_SoP_
Second Officer
Flight distance : 951020 ft
  • >>>
Germany

I did not touch the Mini 3 Pro since the last flight on April 11, 2023. I wanted to record some new footage today, but the drone did not acquire any satellites even after 10 minutes. I went back home and looked for new software, which installed fine. Went out for an new attempt but recognized a message IMU error. In the settings, the drone showed both compass and IMU calibration would be required. I tried both several times, but compass calibration always stopped with 'calibration failed', and IMU calibration did not even start (no reaction when pressing the start button). How can I proceed? I do have 2 years of care refresh, and the drone was purchased in July 2022. I want to go on vacation in two weeks and wanted to take the drone with me... Please help.

Thank you.

2023-5-15
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, _SoP_. Thank you for reaching out. Is the GPS signal issue still present after the update? Is there any collision history? For the calibration, can you please power on the product again? If a prompt stating that the IMU/compass calibration is required is still shown, calibrate the IMU/compass again. If the prompt is not displayed, IMU/compass calibration does not need to be performed. Please keep us posted. Thank you.
2023-5-16
Use props
_SoP_
Second Officer
  • >>>
Germany

Hello DJI Gamora,
thanks for your reply. I just tried again with exactly the same result as yesterday: IMU error is displayed, asking for calibration. When trying to perform the IMU calibration, there is no reaction after pressing start, thus no way to proceed. Also, compass calibration is required, but it immediately fails after rotating 360° horizontally. No collision history, just 4 weeks of no usage.
Best regards
Gernot
2023-5-16
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 15997 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

If you want to use the drone whilst on holiday and are sure your are following the procedures correctly then it might be an idea to start a warranty claim ASAP.
2023-5-16
Use props
_SoP_
Second Officer
  • >>>
Germany

Thank you, Sean-bumble-bee. I was hoping/expecting to claim care-refresh, but now figured out that this is requiring a payment. Since it is under warranty, this is kind of odd. Either pay for fast lane service (what I already paid for) or claim warranty repair risking a missing drone in my holidays. I hate situations like these...
2023-5-16
Use props
_SoP_
Second Officer
  • >>>
Germany

FYI: I started a care-refresh request and hope that all works again afterwards.
2023-5-16
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

_SoP_ Posted at 5-16 23:01
FYI: I started a care-refresh request and hope that all works again afterwards.

Hello, there. Thank you for your update. If you have any questions later, please feel free to talk.
2023-5-17
Use props
_SoP_
Second Officer
  • >>>
Germany

I just received a new Mini 3 Pro, unpacked, removed stickers, connected the RC (with screen), performed latest updates of FlySafe and firmware, and went for a flight. First flight: GPS signal acquired after some seconds, and fine in the air. Performed some additional settings (APAS, cine-mode-speed etc) and checked the recording settings. All good again.
I know that I paid for this service, but it is pretty good and I am happy that I have this possibility for more than an additional year.

2023-5-19
Use props
djiuser_LPWjF8BtrWR0
lvl.1
Flight distance : 3858 ft

India

hey _Sop_,
Just out of curiosity, did dji repair the drone that you sent in or did they just send you a replacement unit or did they sent you a whole new drone altogether?
2023-5-20
Use props
_SoP_
Second Officer
  • >>>
Germany

djiuser_LPWjF8BtrWR0 Posted at 5-20 19:56
hey _Sop_,
Just out of curiosity, did dji repair the drone that you sent in or did they just send you a replacement unit or did they sent you a whole new drone altogether?

I have chosen the way of Care Refresh where you get a new (or refurbished) drone even before sending the broken one back.
2023-5-20
Use props
djiuser_mEIPt7RodFsm
New

Italy

_SoP_ Posted at 5-20 23:33
I have chosen the way of Care Refresh where you get a new (or refurbished) drone even before sending the broken one back.

Hello
I'm also facing the same issue on my brand new mini 3 pro not even able to fly yet which is purchased on 20/07/2023.. Compass and IMU ERROR is showing not adverb able to calibrate it..
Could you please suggest me what to do.
2023-7-21
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

djiuser_mEIPt7RodFsm Posted at 7-21 14:56
Hello
I'm also facing the same issue on my brand new mini 3 pro not even able to fly yet which is purchased on 20/07/2023.. Compass and IMU ERROR is showing not adverb able to calibrate it..

Send it back
2023-7-21
Use props
_SoP_
Second Officer
  • >>>
Germany

Hello
I'm also facing the same issue on my brand new mini 3 pro not even able to fly yet which is purchased on 20/07/2023.. Compass and IMU ERROR is showing not adverb able to calibrate it..

Open a ticket with DJI support and request a new one. Or give it back where you bought it.
2023-7-21
Use props
djiuser_Cheryl
New

Australia

Where does it show you need a compass calibration?
2023-7-22
Use props
_SoP_
Second Officer
  • >>>
Germany

For me it was showing up directly in the top line of the fly-screen. It can also be shown in the menu.
2023-7-24
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hello

Hi there. Sorry for the trouble that you're experiencing with your new drone. You can try the steps below, and see if it will work:
1. Calibrate the IMU and compass in an environment without strong magnetic interference, restart the aircraft to see if the error persists;
2. Check whether the issue persists after the microSD card is removed (An incompatible microSD card may result in an error.)
3. Refresh the firmware using the DJI Assistant 2 that you can download from your computer and restart the aircraft to see if the error persists.
4. If the error persists and the drone was bought brand-new, please use the link to submit a replacement request (if the drone was bought from DJI's official online store): https://repair.dji.com/it/repair/replacement. Thank you for your understanding and support. Have a great day ahead.
2023-7-24
Use props
Michas
lvl.2
Flight distance : 199846 ft
Poland

Sorry this is a bit off topic. What causes the IMU error? I know what causes the compass error, but IMU?
4-16 09:46
Use props
Serg SSA
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 6406329 ft
  • >>>
Russia

Michas Posted at 4-16 09:46
Sorry this is a bit off topic. What causes the IMU error? I know what causes the compass error, but IMU?

The IMU is responsible for receiving GPS signals and determining the drone's level relative to the horizon.
4-16 09:53
Use props
Michas
lvl.2
Flight distance : 199846 ft
Poland

What I meant was more about what causes the IMU error that requires calibration.
In the case of a compass error, it is placing the drone near metal elements, and what causes the drone to display an IMU error?
4-16 10:01
Use props
Serg SSA
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Russia

Michas Posted at 4-16 10:01
What I meant was more about what causes the IMU error that requires calibration.
In the case of a compass error, it is placing the drone near metal elements, and what causes the drone to display an IMU error?

This is an internal calibration error of the sensors and occurs occasionally, often after being dropped or collided or improperly stored.
4-16 10:14
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Australia

Serg SSA Posted at 4-16 09:53
The IMU is responsible for receiving GPS signals and determining the drone's level relative to the horizon.

The IMU has nothing to do with GPS.
It has gyro sensors to measure movement and a barometric sensor to measure height differences.
4-16 13:28
Use props
Serg SSA
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Russia

Labroides Posted at 4-16 13:28
The IMU has nothing to do with GPS.
It has gyro sensors to measure movement and a barometric sensor to measure height differences.

You are right of course, I probably didn’t express myself entirely accurately. I meant that, structurally, GPS sensors, IMU sensors, as well as a barometric sensor are located on one block. Of the IMU's gyroscopic sensors (position and accelerometer), only the position sensor is calibrated.The compass sensor is made separately on the cable.
4-16 21:23
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Australia

Serg SSA Posted at 4-16 21:23
You are right of course, I probably didn’t express myself entirely accurately. I meant that, structurally, GPS sensors, IMU sensors, as well as a barometric sensor are located on one block. Of the IMU's gyroscopic sensors (position and accelerometer), only the position sensor is calibrated.The compass sensor is made separately on the cable.

The GPS receiver is quite separate from the IMU.
4-17 01:48
Use props
Serg SSA
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Russia

Labroides Posted at 4-17 01:48
The GPS receiver is quite separate from the IMU.

You are mistaken, IMU and GPS are structurally made in one module
https://www.ebay.com/itm/195908631468
4-17 04:01
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Australia

Serg SSA Posted at 4-17 04:01
You are mistaken, IMU and GPS are structurally made in one module
https://www.ebay.com/itm/195908631468

The GPS receiver is separate from the IMU.
The GPS receiver and antenna is the large light coloured square on top of the board.

DJI has mounted them on the same board to make a compact unit for the minis.
On their larger Mavics and other models, they are not mounted on the same board.
4-17 13:43
Use props
Serg SSA
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Russia

Labroides Posted at 4-17 13:43
The GPS receiver is separate from the IMU.
The GPS receiver and antenna is the large light coloured square on top of the board.

This is exactly what I meant when I wrote that structurally they are made together.Just like the barometric sensor is not part of the IMU
4-17 22:19
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules