1909 19 2023-5-15
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
gshaw31
lvl.2
Flight distance : 901316 ft
  • >>>
United States

I have the Mavic 3 & a Mavic 3 Pro and I have to admit that I'm disappointed in the range of the Mavic 3 Pro.  I'm getting about 2/3 of the distance that I get from the Mavic 3, now distance isn't everything but I hate when we take a few steps back.  The distance I'm seeing is on par with the Mavic 2 Pro.  I'm sure the range issue can be resolved, but has anyone noticed a reduction in range with the Mavic 3 Pro?
2023-5-15
Use props
djiuser_zKR5HFX3a2EC
lvl.4
Flight distance : 474537 ft
United States

How far are you getting? My mavic 3 pro will get up to 15000ft before losing signal. I know each location will be different. The location I flew was over houses. Haven't flown out in the country side, thinking it might go further cause of less houses/wifi interference. I am using dji rc controller that came with it.
2023-5-15
Use props
gshaw31
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

I'm getting like 7,000ft before losing the signal.  I'm also using the included rc controller with the M3P.  I had previously brought another rc for my M3 so,  I'm going to test using that rc with the M3P to see if it is a controller issue or a problem with the bird.  Once it stops raining.
2023-5-15
Use props
djiuser_zKR5HFX3a2EC
lvl.4
Flight distance : 474537 ft
United States

Make sure there is no building or tree blocking line of slight. It will reduce the range a lot. I find that when there is a lot of tall trees blocking between me and the drone, I would get way less range and it would lose signal. Trying flying at a different location where less tall trees and building. It should be easily get over 10k feet in distance.
2023-5-15
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, gshaw31. Thanks for reaching out, and we apologize for the inconvenience.
Here are some recommendations you can perform to improve the signal transmission:
1. Ensure that the firmware of the devices and the app are up-to-date. Try refreshing them and test again.
2. Place the remote controller antenna in optimal position.

3. Keep note of tree and house obstruction near the flying field. After flying for a period, note the obstruction near the horizontal line to ensure that there are no visible obstructions in the aircraft direction.
4. Check whether there is significant interference in the flight environment. During a flight, you can turn on the Image Transmission Settings to check the real-time channel quality.
Note: Common electromagnetic interference sources include but are not limited to: Wi-Fi hotspots, routers, Bluetooth devices, high-voltage power lines, high-voltage transmission stations, mobile phone base stations, and television broadcasting towers.
Please keep us posted on your tests. Have a nice day!
2023-5-15
Use props
gshaw31
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

Thanks DJI Tony & djiuser,  I don't think it's an interference issue because I'm running the same route with both the M3 & M3P.  The M3 can get close to double the distance than my M3P.  I'm going to test the rc by switching the rc from the M3 to the M3P to see if that makes a difference and I should be able to narrow down where the problem lies before I open a support ticket.  Needless to say, I'm a little disappointed with my M3P.
2023-5-16
Use props
bob_budowniczy
lvl.1
Poland

I was hoping this drone would finally be decent. I was wrong. dji boasts of the range in the new mavics, and it is much worse than in my old mavic 2. I will probably return this drone. I live in Europe and have no legal restrictions on frequencies. Once again I was disappointed in the DJ.
2023-5-16
Use props
bob_budowniczy
lvl.1
Poland

Now Im after few more tests. the horizon bends when panning the camera, the zebra and histogram do not show the values ​​correctly. When lut rec709 is turned on histogram and zebra should show values ​​from the log, not from the rec709, because footage is in log and also the histogram in log profile does not show correctly exposure. Hightlights are burned out. sharpening cannot be turned off like in mavic 2. Not to mention the range, which, despite the lack of interference is fatal. Much worse than mavic 2. This device is totally underdeveloped. I have to returnt it.
2023-5-18
Use props
gshaw31
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

I'm not having all of those issues you are experiencing.  I'm just seeing a major reduction in distance and DJIUSER kinda confirmed what I thought.  I have a bad setup.  I'm going to reach out to the support team for an exchange or refund.
2023-5-18
Use props
BrianKushner
Second Officer
Flight distance : 41420253 ft
  • >>>
United States

I went from M3 to M3P and notice no difference in my range.  I get the same 3 miles at one of my location that I got before.
2023-5-19
Use props
DH_Pilot
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3301621 ft
  • >>>
Slovakia

gshaw31 Posted at 5-18 13:54
I'm not having all of those issues you are experiencing.  I'm just seeing a major reduction in distance and DJIUSER kinda confirmed what I thought.  I have a bad setup.  I'm going to reach out to the support team for an exchange or refund.

So were you able to test range after switching controllers? What is the culprit controller? Thanks.
2023-5-19
Use props
gshaw31
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

Thanks, Brian!  I think my bird definitely has a connectivity issue.  I have reached out to service now.
2023-5-19
Use props
gshaw31
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

DH_Pilot Posted at 5-19 04:13
So were you able to test range after switching controllers? What is the culprit controller? Thanks.

I was able to run that test with the M3P and both controllers got the same distance, about 1 mile.  I then ran the M3 with both controllers and was able to get a little over 2 miles in my area.  So, there is an issue with the MP3 and not the controller.  It seems to me.
2023-5-19
Use props
Jaysen
lvl.1
  • >>>
Canada

I too have a range issue with the Mavic 3 Pro. I took it today to a spot i had been with the Mavic 3 many times, and it didn't get very far before saying 'adjust antennas'.  What antennas? There are no antennas on the new controller that comes with the Mavic 3 Pro. Help?
2023-8-26
Use props
Jaysen
lvl.1
  • >>>
Canada

PS - i have the DJI RC controller that came with it. I was told I couldn't use my RC Pro with the Mavic 3 pro, but i'm now reading otherwise and will go get it back from the DJI dealer.
2023-8-26
Use props
Johnnokomis
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 13349895 ft
  • >>>
United States

Jaysen Posted at 8-26 17:10
PS - i have the DJI RC controller that came with it. I was told I couldn't use my RC Pro with the Mavic 3 pro, but i'm now reading otherwise and will go get it back from the DJI dealer.

Why in the world would you believe that? They sell a M3P kit that includes the RC Pro.
2023-8-26
Use props
Jaysen
lvl.1
  • >>>
Canada

Johnnokomis Posted at 8-26 17:24
Why in the world would you believe that? They sell a M3P kit that includes the RC Pro.

I believed that because the salesperson at the DJI store told me that. The combo with the RC Pro wasn't on their website because they didn't have it in stock, so i didn't realize that that combo even existed.
2023-9-3
Use props
Jaysen
lvl.1
  • >>>
Canada

I have bought back my RC Pro and am now getting good range on my new m3p like I previously got with my M3. So the new RC controller just doesn't work well with my M3P, not sure what can fix that as i like the smoother joysticks on it over the RC Pro, but i can't get much further away than 500 metres.
2023-9-3
Use props
jacowolmarans
lvl.2
South Africa

I have repeatedly reported this to dji support. Today, after the new firmware, I tested it out to sea again and got hectic interference issues at 2.9km out, no obstacles, clear day, no wind. Concluded that I should get the RC pro controller, but before I pulled the plug, I contacted a colleague who bought the same drone but WITH the Pro controller, and he says the controller is not the issue. He gets the same limited range on his M3P, just under 3km, before losing signal, RTH and controls going sluggish when re-connecting. Contacted Support and again got told to send it back to the US for assessment. As a professional, this is not so easy. Give me a replacement bird in the mean time and I can do that, but I would be losing money and assignments if I had to wait for an assessment. Most unhappy with the product. I am pretty sure my M2P had a bigger range.  
1-2 06:51
Use props
Gizmo6
lvl.3
Flight distance : 28140 ft
  • >>>
United States

Jaysen Posted at 2023-8-26 17:10

I bought a DJI RC Pro controller soon after buying my MP3 and it works great.  It has four (4) antennas instead of the two internal antennas that come with the standard DJI RC that came bundled with my M3P.

Having the two extra external antennas probably would improve the range, although I haven't tested mine for maximum distance due to BVLOS challenges without using Visual Observers to aid in that type of test.

Fly Safe.
1-2 08:07
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules