Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Dji rc really 4 hours?
1234Next >
4093 130 2023-5-15
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Burt37
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4009 ft
Australia

The Saint Posted at 5-19 05:43
the test results numbers published by dji are very helpful to me.  maybe they are useless to you but when i see the number they publish, i get a good idea of what to expect in the real world.  it is a number good enough for me to make a purchase decision.  if dji said you get a maximum flight time up to 7 minutes then i find it helpful to make a purchase decision.  i'll probably forgo the purchase thinking i will only get 5 minutes or less of flight.  i will plan accordingly.

Yes, like you said... a guess of 50% of what ever they print...

Very useful...       

2023-5-19
Use props
The Saint
Second Officer
Flight distance : 5902228 ft
  • >>>
United States

Burt37 Posted at 5-19 14:28
Yes, like you said... a guess of 50% of what ever they print...

Very useful...

but that's only for the purposes of making a buying a decision.  from there, i get the drone and fly it for myself and then i learn for myself what the real world battery life is like.  at that point, i don't need the marketing and advertising to guide me and my decisions going forward.  in other words, i get over it.
2023-5-19
Use props
Johnnokomis
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 13331417 ft
  • >>>
United States

Mobilehomer Posted at 5-19 09:35
Nope, I was answering your ridiculous, uninformed charges with FACT!!

How many rows of seats did your school bus have when you were younger?
2023-5-19
Use props
Burt37
lvl.4
Australia

The Saint Posted at 5-19 15:58
but that's only for the purposes of making a buying a decision.  from there, i get the drone and fly it for myself and then i learn for myself what the real world battery life is like.  at that point, i don't need the marketing and advertising to guide me and my decisions going forward.  in other words, i get over it.

That does all sound very useful, ....in La La Land...

2023-5-19
Use props
LV_Forestry
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4726654 ft
Latvia

Labroides Posted at 5-19 13:45
I fly to it critical low battery .. normal flying and some hovering.
I would expect at least 40mins.
There's your problem .. a completely unrealistic expectation.

You're wasting all of our time with your blah blah.  

Show us two flightlogs with different flight paths.  Battery charged at 100%, calm wind, same flight mode, let the drone fly until the smart RTH engages.  

Stop trying to be right without arguments.  Show us what you mean with hard data, and we'll start taking with you seriously.  

In this thread you are just useful to put a little animation.

There are clearly two teams.  

The hobby team who believe they have the absolute truth.

And the team mapper, who flies his drones every day and who knows how much flight time allows to cover how many hectares.  But you are right I must be a bad operator.  But then explain to me why every day I manage to produce the same data surface with the same drone, with different flight plans.  The Holy Spirit ?

It's only on very windy days that I lose a few minutes.  Still less than the gap between the maximum duration announced by DJI and the real time that can be completed.

2023-5-19
Use props
LV_Forestry
Second Officer
Latvia

Mobilehomer Posted at 5-19 09:34
You missed the REAL reason for the OP -
"Anyone with an rc controller can tell me how long their last? Mine came with the mavic 3 pro so its brand new. I charged it full bar (4 green lights). I flew the mavic 3 pro on one battery. About 30 mins flight. but on the controller its already down to 2 bar. Like seriously this controller is not rated for 4 hours as advertised."

The reason is the same, whether it's the drone or the RC, the specs are largely overestimated.  Flight time and radio range are where DJI takes the most freedom.  And the more we advance, the more they take the margin.

I understand your opinion as a hobbyist.  

From a professional point of view, it is disturbing because this theoretical flight time is the one taken into account when the sellers respond to tenders.  And that poses a lot of planning problems.  Right now it's Multispectral season.  I fly the Phantom a lot.  Time announced by DJI 27min.  Real time 24 with a new battery.  On a working day, this represents a gap of about 1 hour and a large hundred hectares.  It does not go unnoticed.  

I'm not saying remove the theoretical max flight time from the product page.  But add a theoretical time from 100% battery until the recommended smart RTH to prevent the battery damage.  For the M300 they did it, there is an accurate chart of flight times versus payloads
2023-5-19
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

LV_Forestry Posted at 5-19 20:21
You're wasting all of our time with your blah blah.  

Show us two flightlogs with different flight paths.  Battery charged at 100%, calm wind, same flight mode, let the drone fly until the smart RTH engages.  

Show us what you mean with hard data

There's no data needed to understand the difference between testing under controlled conditions and actual use in the field.

.. and we'll start taking with you seriously.

No, you won't.
I remember the effort I put into trying to teach you about the drone's compass.
You never believed a word and prefer myths.
I won't waste any more time on someone who's resistant to facts and logic.
2023-5-19
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Burt37 Posted at 5-16 02:50
It is not my understanding of each user scenario that matters...

It is the fact of advertising a large number to help sales, that it is simply not achievable on this planet when outdoor, using the drone to record something... A much smaller number, but created in a realistic situation, would have been a much more enjoyable feature to read and to appreciate...

As we explained above, the actual time depends on the flight environment and usage scenario. Results may vary depending on the environment, actual use, and firmware version. Hope you understand that we cannot list the data of all scenarios. And we've explained that the reference data is measured in a controlled test environment. Specific test conditions are as follows: flying at a constant speed of 32.4 kph in a windless environment at sea level, with APAS off, AirSense off, camera parameters set to 1080p/24fps, video mode off, and from 100% battery level until 0%. Thanks for your understanding.
2023-5-20
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

LV_Forestry Posted at 5-16 08:49
There is nothing to understand. You just have to shut up and admit that the announced flight time is largely overestimated. We customers are nice but there are limits to what we can accept.

You're almost calling us idiots who don't know how to use our drones. If we tell you that 43 min is not reachable, it's true. Otherwise come and give us a demo.

As we explained above, the actual time depends on the flight environment and usage scenario. Results may vary depending on the environment, actual use, and firmware version. And we've explained that the reference data is measured in a controlled test environment. Specific test conditions are as follows: flying at a constant speed of 32.4 kph in a windless environment at sea level, with APAS off, AirSense off, camera parameters set to 1080p/24fps, video mode off, and from 100% battery level until 0%. Thanks for your understanding.
2023-5-20
Use props
Burt37
lvl.4
Australia

DJI Mindy Posted at 5-20 02:37
As we explained above, the actual time depends on the flight environment and usage scenario. Results may vary depending on the environment, actual use, and firmware version. Hope you understand that we cannot list the data of all scenarios. And we've explained that the reference data is measured in a controlled test environment. Specific test conditions are as follows: flying at a constant speed of 32.4 kph in a windless environment at sea level, with APAS off, AirSense off, camera parameters set to 1080p/24fps, video mode off, and from 100% battery level until 0%. Thanks for your understanding.

It is like a Déjà vu...

I really don't understand the point of this...

I have kept the drone in its bag for the past three days and, with drone off, video mode off, and I believe the camera parameters is set to 1080p/60fps, the battery so far has come down to 92%. It is not a controlled environment but it is the best I can do, as my cat and dog do walk past the bag quite often, but there is no wind, unless I open the window, in which case a mild breeze of about 3.2 kph (if it doesn't rain) is coming in towards the kitchen.. ... I hope others here, will find this reference data useful...

I'm sorry Mindy, but we are just going around in circle now...

2023-5-20
Use props
LV_Forestry
Second Officer
Latvia

DJI Mindy Posted at 5-20 02:45
As we explained above, the actual time depends on the flight environment and usage scenario. Results may vary depending on the environment, actual use, and firmware version. And we've explained that the reference data is measured in a controlled test environment. Specific test conditions are as follows: flying at a constant speed of 32.4 kph in a windless environment at sea level, with APAS off, AirSense off, camera parameters set to 1080p/24fps, video mode off, and from 100% battery level until 0%. Thanks for your understanding.

Please read all the words and make the effort to understand before sending your totally random copy and paste.  We all understood the conditions under which the test is done.  What interests us is to know the flight time, from 100% to the smart RTH low battery.
2023-5-20
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Burt37 Posted at 5-20 02:52
It is like a Déjà vu...

I really don't understand the point of this...

Please note that Mavic 3 battery has Auto-discharging Function: To prevent swelling, the battery automatically discharges to 96% of the battery level when it is idle for three days, and automatically discharges to 60% of the battery level when it is idle for nine days. You can also refer to: https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/ ... Manual_v2.0_enI.pdf
2023-5-20
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

LV_Forestry Posted at 5-20 03:49
Please read all the words and make the effort to understand before sending your totally random copy and paste.  We all understood the conditions under which the test is done.  What interests us is to know the flight time, from 100% to the smart RTH low battery.

Please note that Low Battery RTH is triggered when the Intelligent Flight Battery is depleted to the point that the safe return of the aircraft may be affected. The aircraft will calculate the estimated battery level required for the aircraft to return to the RTH point. DJI Fly displays a warning when the battery level reaches the value. It depends on the actual scenarios. You can also refer to Page 47: https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/ ... _User_Manual-EN.pdf
2023-5-20
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Australia

LV_Forestry Posted at 5-20 03:49

What interests us is to know the flight time, from 100% to the smart RTH low battery.
No-one can tell you, because it depends on how far your drone is from the home point.
You'd think such an experienced flyer would already understand that, or that he could have read it in the manual.

BTW .. Smart RTH and Low Battery RTH are completely different things.

2023-5-21
Use props
LV_Forestry
Second Officer
Latvia

DJI Mindy Posted at 5-20 23:50
Please note that Low Battery RTH is triggered when the Intelligent Flight Battery is depleted to the point that the safe return of the aircraft may be affected. The aircraft will calculate the estimated battery level required for the aircraft to return to the RTH point. DJI Fly displays a warning when the battery level reaches the value. It depends on the actual scenarios. You can also refer to Page 47: https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/DJI_Mavic_3_Pro/DJI_Mavic_3_Pro_User_Manual-EN.pdf

DJI Mindy,

Thank you for taking the time to respond in an intelligible way to my suggestion. It's already more human than CTRL+C CTRL+V, thank you.
Also I was a little rough with you and others, Please accept my apologies, as I realize now that I am not expressing myself well.

I rephrase.

What I suggest to DJI is not to indicate the time between 100% and the start of the RTH. But between 100% and landing. Every day I make the same observation, let the drone fly until it makes the decision to engage the RTH. As others have pointed out, this triggering occurs at a time that depends on the distance from the home point. I totally agree on that. What I see is that when the drone lands, the battery level is always in the 15 - 20% range, with the basic settings of the application. This also corresponds to a flight time which is always the same in the range between 28 and 30 minutes as the OP mentioned for the M3. For the P4M it is around 20 minutes... I'm not going to do the whole list, you understood the principle.

I could change these settings in the app to get closer to the maximum time indicated on the product page. I have already killed several batteries prematurely by doing this. DJI Europe also replaced a battery for free that I dropped into deep discharge while doing this. That is to say impossible to recharge it after few cycle from 100 to close to 0.

Better than words, here is the illustration of my suggestion:

2.JPG

For those who claim that it is impossible,
1/ Explain to me how it is possible that every day I have flight times approaching.
2/ I'm not asking for precision to the second. But at +/- 2 minutes it is estimable.
3/ The wind ok, but I see a remarkable time difference only in very strong winds. So adding the mention "Estimation with calm wind" seems to me to be justified.

At least this way things are more honest, the user knows what to expect.

For the hobbyists who don't really see where I'm coming from, when I do orchard mapping for example, 27 minutes is 15ha theoretical. 20 minutes is 10ha Theoretical. At the rate of about 25 flights per day, forgetting the RTH time which is a function of the distance. At the end of the day, 125ha are missing. For a season of around 88 days, 11000 ha are missing. I let you go and consult the price of a single hectare in orthophoto and do the calculation.

The difference may seem minor, but I assure you that in professional use, it hurts the buttocks. We will say that the business plan calculated on the basis of the announced flight time falls.

I especially take the example of P4M because in my opinion this one is the worst. On the product page they didn't even bother to mention the test conditions. The only thing is "Approx".

+/- 7 minutes is no longer Approx, it's abysm.

2023-5-21
Use props
LV_Forestry
Second Officer
Latvia

Labroides Posted at 5-21 04:55
What interests us is to know the flight time, from 100% to the smart RTH low battery.
No-one can tell you, because it depends on how far your drone is from the home point.
You'd think such an experienced flyer would already understand that, or that he could have read it in the manual.

Lab,

I invite you to read if you wish what I wrote in my previous post, maybe you will see more clearly in what I propose.

What I mean by Smart RTH Low battery is that at the time of the forced landing, on the application appears the message Low battery. I translate as I can. It is this moment that interests me.

Especially if you reject the auto RTH, because its possible, as it passes a certain threshold, it lands on its own where it is. It's possible to resume it manually but when it goes behind the trees and you lose the radio link (which theoretically goes several km, that's another discussion, let's stay on the battery) it's always unpleasant to have to wasting time looking for it. If it is not destroyed.

2023-5-21
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Australia

LV_Forestry Posted at 5-21 11:16
Lab,

I invite you to read if you wish what I wrote in my previous post, maybe you will see more clearly in what I propose.

Critical low voltage landing is not forced at any particular time.
It happens when the battery cells reach critical low voltage.
When that happens will vary depending on battery condition and how much effort the drone has made during a flight
2023-5-21
Use props
Mobilehomer
Second Officer
Flight distance : 18135846 ft
United States

As has been stated before, there is NO WAY that DJI can predict what you want. EVERY flight, every battery is different. It's a case of distance, amp draw amd remaining battery capacity. The battery that lasted 29 minutes the other night might not get 20 minutes the next time.
2023-5-21
Use props
LV_Forestry
Second Officer
Latvia

Mobilehomer Posted at 5-21 15:37
As has been stated before, there is NO WAY that DJI can predict what you want. EVERY flight, every battery is different. It's a case of distance, amp draw amd remaining battery capacity. The battery that lasted 29 minutes the other night might not get 20 minutes the next time.

So according to you, we can predict the battery time from 100 to 0, but from 100 to 15 it's too complicated.  Interesting analysis
2023-5-21
Use props
LV_Forestry
Second Officer
Latvia

Labroides Posted at 5-21 15:19
Critical low voltage landing is not forced at any particular time.
It happens when the battery cells reach critical low voltage.
When that happens will vary depending on battery condition and how much effort the drone has made during a flight

It always happens in the same amount of time.  Not a day goes by where the battery goes 5 minutes and another 30. Again I'm not talking about comparing a hover and a moving flight.
2023-5-21
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Australia

LV_Forestry Posted at 5-21 21:27
It always happens in the same amount of time.  Not a day goes by where the battery goes 5 minutes and another 30. Again I'm not talking about comparing a hover and a moving flight.

There's no way to tell you anything.
You disbelieve it all, so I'll try to avoid it in future and avoid the frustration.
If you want to investigate for yourself, look at the cell voltages when you see this happen.
And if you are using DJI Go4, you can configure the app to show the average cell voltage on screen.

2023-5-21
Use props
Mobilehomer
Second Officer
United States

LV_Forestry Posted at 5-21 21:25
So according to you, we can predict the battery time from 100 to 0, but from 100 to 15 it's too complicated.  Interesting analysis

You really are dense!!! It is NOT a prediction from 100 to 0!! It is the result of an actual test under labotatory conditions. The official specification says "UP TO". It also states time will be less in actual usage. The best thing for you would be to sell your DJI drone and take up knitting.
2023-5-22
Use props
Mobilehomer
Second Officer
United States

LV_Forestry Posted at 5-21 21:27

Another dumb statement. No, it NEVER happens in the same amount of time! Flying in a 10 mph wind takes much less power than flying in a 20 mph wind.
2023-5-22
Use props
digibud
lvl.4
Flight distance : 7820246 ft
  • >>>
United States

djiuser_zKR5HFX3a2EC Posted at 5-15 18:31
I wonder, is dji testing the rc controller with brightness all the way down. Not sure how they advertise it for 4 hours. When I'm using 3/4 brightness and its down to 2 green lights just after 1 flight on the mavic 3 pro. That's about 30 mins and already down to 50% on the rc controller. Seem like its only good for 2 full flight and need to recharge again. If it really last 4 hours. We should be able to get at least 8 flight before needing recharged. Which I doubt it.

There is something very odd with that RC life.  I don't know how many flights I get but at the very least I fly several Mav 3 batteries with no problem.
2023-5-22
Use props
LV_Forestry
Second Officer
Latvia

Mobilehomer Posted at 5-22 07:09
Another dumb statement. No, it NEVER happens in the same amount of time! Flying in a 10 mph wind takes much less power than flying in a 20 mph wind.

Who said wind?  Stop being stubborn.  We won't be going around in circles for long.  Things are clear, these days there is almost no wind.  All the flights have approximately the same duration.  And that's all.  I understood what you mean.  You make it hard for yourself to persist in not wanting to understand.
2023-5-22
Use props
LV_Forestry
Second Officer
Latvia

Guys, we're not going to fight each other. You will find below 4 flight logs. In my P4MS kit I have 4 batteries, 3 which have about a hundred cycles and one which was recently replaced by DJI.

You can see that on older batteries the flight time is pretty much still the same at 100-20%, around 19-20 minutes. This corresponds to the total flight time from takeoff - RTH which engages automaticaly-  to landing. And it's like that every day with calm wind.

I recognize that on days when the wind is extremely strong, there is a noticeable difference. YES.

But in a calm wind with these logs you can see that it's linear.

We resume, calm wind, smart RTH ON,
New battery:
100 to 0 = 27 minutes (according to DJI product webpage and yes it is doable)
100 to 25 = 19 minutes

Battery half life,
100 to 0 = A bit below but beware of the destruction of the battery, it no longer recharges. I can't find the flight log when it happened.
100 to 20 = between 21 and 19 minutes.

It is this kind of test that I would like to see on the product page before making a purchase. Same for RC.

I'm curious to see what argument you'll find to say that it's impossible to find the values.

https://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/5GFWFK1HE2NLE9M7ZZAZ/ @20% 19min42 (More than 100cycle battery)
https://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/12Z413A50MVA0TUWLIIO/ @20% 20min40 (More than 100cycle battery)
https://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/49CBFBRMPXXK17F0Y1NM/ @25% 19min01 (Brand new battery)
https://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/24ML4RQI29CM3GA9O6Z1/ @20% 20min21 (More than 100cycle battery)

2023-5-22
Use props
The Saint
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

LV_Forestry Posted at 5-22 09:39
It is this kind of test that I would like to see on the product page before making a purchase. Same for RC.

such information is neither useful nor actionable for the pre-purchase decision.  please show me where other electronics (gopro cameras, mobile phones, tablets, walkie talkies, computers, flashlights, remote controls, etc)....who shows this type of information to help customers make a purchase decision?  my guess is failure to post this information will result in less than a 1% decrease in sales or returns (due to battery life complaints).  in the event this information becomes effective, happy to post it.  in the meantime, if you can convince parrot and autel and skydio to post similar, so will dji.
2023-5-22
Use props
LV_Forestry
Second Officer
Latvia

The Saint Posted at 5-22 09:46
such information is neither useful nor actionable for the pre-purchase decision.  please show me where other electronics (gopro cameras, mobile phones, tablets, walkie talkies, computers, flashlights, remote controls, etc)....who shows this type of information to help customers make a purchase decision?  my guess is failure to post this information will result in less than a 1% decrease in sales or returns (due to battery life complaints).  in the event this information becomes effective, happy to post it.  in the meantime, if you can convince parrot and autel and skydio to post similar, so will dji.

Please refer to the flight log above
https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... 586&pid=3051253

DJI claims to be leader, it is him who must bend first.

I understand your comparison with GoPro... It's not the same use case. Already because these devices are easily powered by external sources which extend their autonomy. And especially the time to replace the battery of a camera is not the same.
You have to add Battery change + Inspection (if you follow your operating manual to the letter) + Restart + wait for fixed RTK (for equipped drones) + Reupload flight plan + route to the breaking point.

In professional use, especialy mapping, all of this counts. There are days when it's cool I have time. On other days like now, a minute wasted here and there is very problematic.

You see what I mean ?

For the M300 DJI has +/- been able to do it. They made a graph of the flight times as a function of the mass of the payload. It's pretty accurate and very useful for planning.
2023-5-22
Use props
The Saint
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

you are correct, dji is the leader and they will decide if this is worthwhile or not.  why do it if they don't have to?  if autel does it, then maybe dji will do it too in order to maintain.  but in the meantime, when you are the leader and you're ahead and your battery times are superior to everyone else battery times...you don't have to do nothing.  and i get your point, this information is important to some.  but for the m3, i disagree this is needed for pre-purchase decision making.  what i do feel is important for the pre-purchase decision is the test results that dji publishes.  when you provide evidence that this sort of comprehensive information could have prevented numerous returns because of the uninformed buyer who is unhappy with battery life, then dji might [re]consider it.  at this point, there is more downside to making this information available than upside.  have you ever thought about the negatives of posting all of this and have you ever really thought about why no one would openly publishes this information so it can be questioned and extensive nonsensical endless dialogue and debate will ensue similar to this post?  you have what you need for now, the test results.  take it or leave it.  my guess is...in the long run, you will accept it and complete your purchase regardless.  the industry as a whole will determine where this lands and right now...you see it.  too many variable, too many geographies, too many other issues involved.  nobody else does this but now that we have drones, it's essential?  c'mon.  this discussion went from dji lying and exaggerating to sell more drones to i'm a professional my business stands to gain if i had more precise information given to me upfront that i can get for myself but i want dji to say it on a webpage.
2023-5-22
Use props
LV_Forestry
Second Officer
Latvia

The Saint Posted at 5-22 10:41
you are correct, dji is the leader and they will decide if this is worthwhile or not.  why do it if they don't have to?  if autel does it, then maybe dji will do it too in order to maintain.  but in the meantime, when you are the leader and you're ahead and your battery times are superior to everyone else battery times...you don't have to do nothing.  and i get your point, this information is important to some.  but for the m3, i disagree this is needed for pre-purchase decision making.  what i do feel is important for the pre-purchase decision is the test results that dji publishes.  when you provide evidence that this sort of comprehensive information could have prevented numerous returns because of the uninformed buyer who is unhappy with battery life, then dji might [re]consider it.  at this point, there is more downside to making this information available than upside.  have you ever thought about the negatives of posting all of this and have you ever really thought about why no one would openly publishes this information so it can be questioned and extensive nonsensical endless dialogue and debate will ensue similar to this post?  you have what you need for now, the test results.  take it or leave it.  my guess is...in the long run, you will accept it and complete your purchase regardless.  the industry as a whole will determine where this lands and right now...you see it.  too many variable, too many geographies, too many other issues involved.  nobody else does this but now that we have drones, it's essential?  c'mon.  this discussion went from dji lying and exaggerating to sell more drones to i'm a professional my business stands to gain if i had more precise information given to me upfront that i can get for myself but i want dji to say it on a webpage.

You understood what I mean.  Thanks.  
The exaggeration of the specs yes it is exactly that.  

So emerging brands are forced to align.  I try to get rid of DJI, but hey, you have to admit that in general the products do the job.  I could never buy a DJI drone for my personal use, at least new because it is too expensive.

The products I have are provided to me by my company.  I write tenders with specifications, it's not legal to discriminate against one brand over another.  DJI understand very well that. As you mentioned, I adapt to what I receive.  

Now about the forum I take it as a way to express customer opinion in order to see change.

No illusion on what could happen, but who knows.
2023-5-22
Use props
Burt37
lvl.4
Australia

Mobilehomer Posted at 5-22 07:07
You really are dense!!! It is NOT a prediction from 100 to 0!! It is the result of an actual test under labotatory conditions. The official specification says "UP TO". It also states time will be less in actual usage. The best thing for you would be to sell your DJI drone and take up knitting.

You call me dense once too. And yet you are the one that constantly fails to understand the subject of the conversation, so instead of coming here to be a keyboard warrior, why don't you go home and take the sand out of your beaver... You Wanker...
2023-5-22
Use props
Drone Buddy
lvl.4
Flight distance : 280860 ft
Ireland

The battery life, either of the RC, or the drone, depends on many factors but let's talk about the RC:

- air temperature
- frequency used
- functions used on the RC, like recording the screen, something I always for because it may save you if something goes wrong and, plus, you have your flight data backed up.
- charge state - have you left it a week without usage and not charging it prior to flight thinking that it's full
2023-5-22
Use props
Johnnokomis
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 13331417 ft
  • >>>
United States

Drone Buddy Posted at 5-22 15:10
The battery life, either of the RC, or the drone, depends on many factors but let's talk about the RC:

- air temperature

The difference is you can charge an RC while still using it. Plenty of times I've had a power brick in my back pocket that's charging the RC while flying. Or with the Smart Controller Enterprise/RC Plus they have hot swappable external batteries.

The same can't be said about a drone midflight.
2023-5-22
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

LV_Forestry Posted at 5-21 11:10
DJI Mindy,

Thank you for taking the time to respond in an intelligible way to my suggestion. It's already more human than CTRL+C CTRL+V, thank you.

Hope you understand that the parameter of intelligent low-battery landing is also related to the altitude of the aircraft. If the current battery power is only enough to land, it will enter the landing mode. We are unable to list all the data of different altitude values, thank you for your understanding.
2023-5-24
Use props
LV_Forestry
Second Officer
Latvia

DJI Mindy Posted at 5-24 04:54
Hope you understand that the parameter of intelligent low-battery landing is also related to the altitude of the aircraft. If the current battery power is only enough to land, it will enter the landing mode. We are unable to list all the data of different altitude values, thank you for your understanding.

It is at this moment that we are entitled to wonder if we are dealing with a bot or a real person. You can give me as many warnings as you want, but the facts are there, the answer is totally off topic. Or maybe you got the wrong thread.

I understood and I validate this story of RTH. Me and the OP and others have been talking about total time from take off to landing. I even made you a drawing, and I uploaded proof flightlogs to support it.

I'm giving up.
I must recognize that you mods/bots who knows, are very efficient in cases where we need to send the drones for repairs, for after-sales service. Congratulation.

But for the rest...

2023-5-24
Use props
Mobilehomer
Second Officer
United States

LV_Forestry Posted at 5-24 08:19
It is at this moment that we are entitled to wonder if we are dealing with a bot or a real person. You can give me as many warnings as you want, but the facts are there, the answer is totally off topic. Or maybe you got the wrong thread.

I understood and I validate this story of RTH. Me and the OP and others have been talking about total time from take off to landing. I even made you a drawing, and I uploaded proof flightlogs to support it.

One more time - NO ONE CAN PREDICT TIME REMAINING!!!` There are just too many variables!! Each one affects all the others. How hard is that to understand?
2023-5-24
Use props
LV_Forestry
Second Officer
Latvia

Mobilehomer Posted at 5-24 09:50
One more time - NO ONE CAN PREDICT TIME REMAINING!!!` There are just too many variables!! Each one affects all the others. How hard is that to understand?

have you looked at the log files?  do you need another log file to understand.  It's the same thing every day.  

I understood your blah blah.  But show me some data.  At that time we will talk.
2023-5-24
Use props
Mobilehomer
Second Officer
United States

LV_Forestry Posted at 5-24 10:04
have you looked at the log files?  do you need another log file to understand.  It's the same thing every day.  

I understood your blah blah.  But show me some data.  At that time we will talk.

Look, your experience will NOT equal anyone else's!! Here is the data -
windspeed, different every flight
altitude, different every flight
distance from home point, different every flight
speed, different every flight
starting capacity, different every flight
temperature, different every flight
motor amp draw, different for every drone
acceleration rate, different for every flight/pilot
2023-5-24
Use props
LV_Forestry
Second Officer
Latvia

Mobilehomer Posted at 5-24 10:25
Look, your experience will NOT equal anyone else's!! Here is the data -
windspeed, different every flight
altitude, different every flight

windspeed, different every flight -> true
altitude, different every flight -> true
distance from home point, different every flight -> true
speed, different every flight -> true
starting capacity, different every flight -> I am only talking about flights with freshly recharged batteries at 100%
temperature, different every flight -> true
motor amp draw, different for every drone -> true  I never said that it will be a universal law for all drone models. Each one having its characteristics.
acceleration rate, different for every flight/pilot -> true

Here are three additional log files:
https://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/8RKEQOJFP64JPE36A3SX/
https://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/24BH4GM22Y76356TOVVK/
https://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/3ADOAHUB80FF97E2UW3U/

Different flights, made with different winds at extremely different temperatures.
To continue the discussion, I am ready to admit that you are right if that is the case. That's not the problem. But when considering flightlogs above, please explain to me why the battery level always reaches 20% between 19 and 21 minutes of flight?

I can get you out of other logs, different drones, it's always in the same range. 19- 21 minutes for 20% for the P4MS that i take as example here.

What would be constructive is if you could upload your flight log which shows the opposite of what I'm saying. Because I will not be surprised that in the case of a purely random flight the range is wider. Iam doing almost only mapping flight. When I make video flight, so random flight, the observation are the same, but I let you argue in your direction.

And please show me data instead of insisting that it's impossible.

2023-5-24
Use props
Burt37
lvl.4
Australia

LV_Forestry Posted at 5-24 10:37
windspeed, different every flight -> true
altitude, different every flight -> true
distance from home point, different every flight -> true

Thank you for posting this...

I'm more than happy to use your average of 20 minutes as a realistic flying time for my drone...
2023-5-25
Use props
1234Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules