Mavic 3 Pro - persistent notification for firmware update?
1625 14 2023-5-15
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
jerryway
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4031483 ft
United States

I purchased the Mavic 3 Pro with RC controller combo. After updating the firmware for both the aircraft and the controller, I had three successful flights on the first day.

The second day when I turned on the drone, I received the notification on RC Controller, warning for "Inconsistent firmware version". I had no other choice but to update the firmware again. After restarting the drone and the controller, I received the same notification yet again. Now eveytime I wanted to fly the drone, I had to update its firmware.

Another strange thing I noticed is that RC controller does not remember the settings I changed in the last flight. For example, I changed the image format from JPG to RAW for the main camera during the last flight. After restarting the drone and the RC controller, now it goes back to JPG, and I had to change the setting again, as if RC controller never saved my changes.

Has anyone else experienced this behavior? Did I receive a faulty RC controller?

WechatIMG1768.jpeg

WechatIMG1766.jpeg

WechatIMG1767.jpeg
2023-5-15
Use props
jerryway
lvl.4
United States

Update:

Spent the last two hours talking to DJI support. Tried using DJI Assistant 2 to manually update the firmware for both the drone and controller. Aso tried factory reset the controller. But I still get the same warning again and again. Sent the logs to the support, now waiting for DJI's engineering team to investigate the issue.
2023-5-15
Use props
Suren
Captain
Flight distance : 13438648 ft
  • >>>
New Zealand

The inconsistent FW might be for the batteries. Did you update all the batteries as well?
2023-5-15
Use props
jerryway
lvl.4
United States

Suren Posted at 5-15 16:17
The inconsistent FW might be for the batteries. Did you update all the batteries as well?

Thanks for the suggestion. I checked DJI's website, looks like battery firmware should be updated alongside with the aircraft's firmware as well. Since I already manually updated the firmware via DJI Assistant 2, this should not be the issue here.
screenshot 4.png
2023-5-15
Use props
Burt37
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4009 ft
Australia

jerryway Posted at 5-15 16:21
Thanks for the suggestion. I checked DJI's website, looks like battery firmware should be updated alongside with the aircraft's firmware as well. Since I already manually updated the firmware via DJI Assistant 2, this should not be the issue here.
[view_image]

If you only have one battery this doesn't apply to you. It is only when you have more than one battery and you update the firmware, and then change the battery in the drone...
2023-5-15
Use props
jerryway
lvl.4
United States

Burt37 Posted at 5-15 16:34
If you only have one battery this doesn't apply to you. It is only when you have more than one battery and you update the firmware, and then change the battery in the drone...

I do have more than one battery, and some of them were purchased when I still own the original Mavic 3. I thought there is no difference for batteries between Mavic 3 and Mavic 3 Pro, so it is not the case here. Should I individually update the firmware for each battery? And how to do that?
2023-5-15
Use props
Burt37
Second Officer
Australia

jerryway Posted at 5-15 16:42
I do have more than one battery, and some of them were purchased when I still own the original Mavic 3. I thought there is no difference for batteries between Mavic 3 and Mavic 3 Pro, so it is not the case here. Should I individually update the firmware for each battery? And how to do that?

Yes there is no difference between batteries, but the binding of a battery to the drone (what they call the firmware update) has to happen. So put the battery in your drone and if asked follow the prompt to update the firmware. It shouldn't take that long for the battery binding only. Then do the same thing with all the other batteries..
2023-5-15
Use props
jerryway
lvl.4
United States

Burt37 Posted at 5-15 16:48
Yes there is no difference between batteries, but the binding of a battery to the drone (what they call the firmware update) has to happen. So put the battery in your drone and if asked follow the prompt to update the firmware. It shouldn't take that long for the battery binding only. Then do the same thing with all the other batteries..

I tried updating the firmware via RC Controller, and Dji Assistant 2. Neither options prompted me to update the firmware separately for battery. The firmware for aircraft and controller were updated. Did I miss something here?
2023-5-15
Use props
Burt37
Second Officer
Australia

jerryway Posted at 5-15 16:54
I tried updating the firmware via RC Controller, and Dji Assistant 2. Neither options prompted me to update the firmware separately for battery. The firmware for aircraft and controller were updated. Did I miss something here?

You will only get the prompt if you change the battery and the battery hasn't been used before in that drone...
2023-5-15
Use props
jerryway
lvl.4
United States

Burt37 Posted at 5-15 17:05
You will only get the prompt if you change the battery and the battery hasn't been used before in that drone...

The first day I received the drone, I updated its firmware via RC controller, and had three flights, with three batteries. One new battery comes with the drone, two other batteries are from my original Mavic 3. I did not receive any notification about "Inconsistent firmware" during that day. The warning showed up the next day, when I started the 4th flight. Since them, I have updated firmware many times, but I still get the same warning over and over, even with the same battery.
2023-5-15
Use props
Burt37
Second Officer
Australia

jerryway Posted at 5-15 17:49
The first day I received the drone, I updated its firmware via RC controller, and had three flights, with three batteries. One new battery comes with the drone, two other batteries are from my original Mavic 3. I did not receive any notification about "Inconsistent firmware" during that day. The warning showed up the next day, when I started the 4th flight. Since them, I have updated firmware many times, but I still get the same warning over and over, even with the same battery.

Are you flying both drone with the one radio?
2023-5-15
Use props
jerryway
lvl.4
United States

Burt37 Posted at 5-15 19:41
Are you flying both drone with the one radio?

No. The original Mavic 3 was binded to RC-N1 controller. The Mavic 3 Pro is binded to RC controller.
2023-5-15
Use props
Burt37
Second Officer
Australia

jerryway Posted at 5-15 19:56
No. The original Mavic 3 was binded to RC-N1 controller. The Mavic 3 Pro is binded to RC controller.

Did you update the radio DJI Fly software as well to the latest?

Edit:

Yes you have, I just had a look at your fist picture...

Then perhaps, you will have to wait for DJI response...

2023-5-15
Use props
djiuser_ppeNCOBrTbSy
lvl.1
Flight distance : 12156 ft
South Africa

Having the exact same issue, day one all was perfect. Updated firmware on drone using assistant 2 on 22 sep 2023. After that, everytime I put a battery in the mavic 3 pro, it complains inconsistent firmware. I let it update, and sometimes, it's let's me fly after successful update. I can then restart the drone as much as I want no issues. The moment I put another battery, the whole process resets, must update firmware again. But I just flew on that battery. Please advise what you did to fix it? Dji RC controller also on latest firmware, updated via latest dji assistant along with the drone. Update will say successfull, then immediate show take off permitted, but when tapping in take off permitted, it shows unable to take off, with no discription as to why, when pressing back to front page on radio, it shows firmware out of date again. The same firmware it just said was loaded successfully and the drone rebooted. I'm despirately wanting to know what am I doing wrong?
20230928_091712.jpg
20230928_091718.jpg
20230928_091726.jpg
1695885573301550438717212025980.jpg
20230928_093226.jpg
2023-9-27
Use props
djiuser_ppeNCOBrTbSy
lvl.1
Flight distance : 12156 ft
South Africa

So I handed my Mavic 3 pro over as it was doing the exact thing. Turns out the mainboard/firmware release 0.500, is buggy and defective. Drone was perfect on 0.200. No matter what we tried, or DJI authorized reseller tried, the new firmware would not install properly and hold, causing the loops and failed flight. The drone has been sent back to DJI for repairs. Suspect faulty firmware that has corrupted the base OS system. Drone was brand new sealed out the box, and started this behaviors with new Rid firmwares. I am horrifically vexxed and angry, disappointed at DJI for releasing unfinished buggy firmware and hard ware. Had this drone been cheap, yeah I can deal, but not a $2000+ drone. The amount of money I've lost due this, and it's all bad avoidable ... from DJI. It has seriously made me rethink of buying DJI again. I work commercial jobs, the drone is registered and it's just embarrassed us, and destroyed our reputation.
2-27 01:43
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules