DJI Fly V 1.10.1 not showing available on RC Pro?
1356 12 2023-5-15
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Westwind77
lvl.2
Flight distance : 567234 ft
United States

Currently DJI Fly app is verson 1.10.1, however my RC Pro does not pompt me to download or install that version. It is currently on 1.10.0.

Yes, the RC Pro is connected to the internet without any issues.

Is the latest ".1" version not compatible with the RC Pro or is there some reason is does not sense the update?

I just don't want to manually install it if I am not suppose to be running that version on this unit. Thanks!
2023-5-15
Use props
Burt37
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4009 ft
Australia

Have a look here:

https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=278423

or maybe try with the DJI Assistant

2023-5-15
Use props
Westwind77
lvl.2
United States

Burt37 Posted at 5-15 17:36
Have a look here:

https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=278423

I saw that post prior....and my RC Pro has been updated to the lasted firmware. As you can see that was released, along with the 1.10.0 app update, back on 4/25 ---- however on 4/27 DJ released the new ".1" version of the app --- which the RC Pro does not seem to 'see' or want to download.
2023-5-15
Use props
Burt37
Second Officer
Australia

Westwind77 Posted at 5-15 18:08
I saw that post prior....and my RC Pro has been updated to the lasted firmware. As you can see that was released, along with the 1.10.0 app update, back on 4/25 ---- however on 4/27 DJ released the new ".1" version of the app --- which the RC Pro does not seem to 'see' or want to download.

The last DJI Fly version I got is 1.10.0(1155-official) and no notification about new firmware..

Are you getting notification about new DJI Fly firmware available?

2023-5-15
Use props
frankymusik
First Officer
Flight distance : 27841053 ft
  • >>>
Germany

I downloaded the latest version of the Fly app via the built-in Firefox browser, but the DJI RC Pro then refuses to install it...   
2023-5-15
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, Westwind77. Thank you for reaching out. For DJI RC Pro, the app detected is v1.10.0, please feel free to use it. If you would like to update the app to V 1.10.1, feel free to do it as well. You may follow the instructions below on how to update it:

DJI RC Pro has two ways to update/upgrade the built-in DJI Fly App, there are two ways as follow:

1. When the DJI RC Pro is connected to the Internet (connected with Wifi), enter the DJI Fly App, click [Profile] - [Settings] - [About] - [Check For Updates] to detect the latest version of the app and update it. The screenshots of the specific steps are as follows:

2. Download the installation package (APKfile) through the computer and directly connect the RC Pro to the computer through a type-C cable or use the SD card method and transfer it to the RC Pro, and find the corresponding installation package file for installation. Download link: (https://www.dji.com/downloads/djiapp/dji-fly).

1) Download the APK file (for Android) from the official DJI website, and the download location is as follows:

2) Move the file to the root directory of the SD card; or connect the RC Pro to the computer via a type-C cable and move it to the built-in storage of the RC Pro.

(This picture shows the method of directly connecting RC Pro to the computer to transfer files)
3) Enter the corresponding path through the RC Pro file manager (named "Files" on RC Pro), find the APK file, and click the file to install.

This picture shows the path location installed to the internal storage of RC Pro. If you use an SD card, please first select the path as SD card in the file manager, and then find the corresponding APK file:

4) Click the file to update/upgrade (the update in this way will cover the original App version and the original data will not be lost)
2023-5-15
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

frankymusik Posted at 5-15 22:06
I downloaded the latest version of the Fly app via the built-in Firefox browser, but the DJI RC Pro then refuses to install it...

Hi, frankymusik. We're sorry to read about this. Can you please try to download it from a computer instead? You may follow step 2 from Post #6. Please keep us posted. Thank you.
2023-5-15
Use props
frankymusik
First Officer
Flight distance : 27841053 ft
  • >>>
Germany

DJI Gamora Posted at 5-15 22:52
Hi, frankymusik. We're sorry to read about this. Can you please try to download it from a computer instead? You may follow step 2 from Post #6. Please keep us posted. Thank you.

Hello DJI Gamora,

loading via the PC to the SD card worked great!
I have no idea why it didn't work with the Firefox browser...
I used to do most of the updates through the Firefox browser in the past, no idea why it wouldn't work this time...
So thank you very much for the tip!
2023-5-16
Use props
Westwind77
lvl.2
United States

DJI Gamora Posted at 5-15 22:48
Hi, Westwind77. Thank you for reaching out. For DJI RC Pro, the app detected is v1.10.0, please feel free to use it. If you would like to update the app to V 1.10.1, feel free to do it as well. You may follow the instructions below on how to update it:

DJI RC Pro has two ways to update/upgrade the built-in DJI Fly App, there are two ways as follow:

I went to the 'about' and had it look for the update in the app the last two days but it still said I had the latest version installed.....which was not the case. I just went over and downloaded it from the site and did the install and all went well. Not sure why the app is not seeing the new version though.
2023-5-17
Use props
Iczeman
Second Officer
Flight distance : 8336266 ft
  • >>>
Czechia

Westwind77 Posted at 5-17 16:38
I went to the 'about' and had it look for the update in the app the last two days but it still said I had the latest version installed.....which was not the case. I just went over and downloaded it from the site and did the install and all went well. Not sure why the app is not seeing the new version though.

Exactly the same experience. No auto update, therefore manual download via Firefox and installation without any issues.
2023-5-17
Use props
Burt37
Second Officer
Australia

Perhaps DJI have decided to turn off auto notification at their end for some of the software, to allow the server to handle the busy times...
2023-5-18
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

frankymusik Posted at 5-16 05:17
Hello DJI Gamora,

loading via the PC to the SD card worked great!

Hi, frankymusik. Glad that it worked. Our relevant team advised us to do updates using the steps on post #6 only so we can't guarantee that the Firefox browser process will work 100%. Thank you for your kind understanding.
2023-5-18
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Thank you for the update, Westwind77. Glad that it works using the second option. In case it happens again in the future and you would like to update the app again, you may follow the same process. Thank you for your kind understanding.
2023-5-18
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules