Qu for DJI, unwanted extreme climbs & "Anytime" CSC ?
856 12 2023-5-15
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 15997 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

There seems to have been a spate of un-commanded climbs in the past month or so, from memory at least one has broken the height limit set by the pilot. One climbed to near 500m.

My question is. If during the climb the "emergency motor stop" option was changed/set to "Anytime" would the CSC have stopped the motors with the drone in mid air?
2023-5-15
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, Captain. Thanks for reaching out. Yes, if it's set to "Anytime," the motors can be stopped mid-flight when the CSC is performed.

We hope this clarifies your concern.
2023-5-16
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DJI Tony Posted at 5-16 00:05
Hi, Captain. Thanks for reaching out. Yes, if it's set to "Anytime," the motors can be stopped mid-flight when the CSC is performed.
[view_image]
We hope this clarifies your concern.

Thanks Tony but it doesn't really clarify the matter.
I know what the manual suggests should happen and have experimented with that and a drone in normal flight.
But I am asking if, in real life, where the drone is climbing out of control i.e. climbing, and perhaps climbing rapidly, whilst the throttle is fully closed, i.e. seemingly ignoring joystick input, will an "Anytime" CSC stop the motors with the drone in mid air and in the midst of such an uncommanded climb?
I think it should but "think" is not really an ideal position to be in in those circumstances.
Perhaps this is a question that could be forwarded to your engineers and coders.

2023-5-16
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Sean-bumble-bee Posted at 5-16 01:43
Thanks Tony but it doesn't really clarify the matter.
I know what the manual suggests should happen and have experimented with that and a drone in normal flight.
But I am asking if, in real life, where the drone is climbing out of control i.e. climbing, and perhaps climbing rapidly, whilst the throttle is fully closed, i.e. seemingly ignoring joystick input, will an "Anytime" CSC stop the motors with the drone in mid air and in the midst of such an uncommanded climb?

We understand. We'll have it forwarded for confirmation. We'll keep you posted, Captain.
2023-5-16
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Thanks Tony.
2023-5-16
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi there. Apologies for the delayed response. As confirmed by our engineers, this function has a condition.  If the RC cannot control the aircraft normally during these scenarios, this function will not work.
2023-5-22
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DJI Tony Posted at 5-22 05:12
Hi there. Apologies for the delayed response. As confirmed by our engineers, this function has a condition.  If the RC cannot control the aircraft normally during these scenarios, this function will not work.

Thanks for the reply Tony.
However my response to that news is ........ Oh that is not good !
2023-5-22
Use props
Ranjan
Second Officer
India

Will pressing the Pause button on the controller work & pause the fight in this case?
2023-5-22
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Thinking about that it might have been that the drone was not ignoring all the commands issued by the controller. I do not remember if the pilots had horizontal control, rather, that some fault was causing the drone's control system to override the throttle input.

For discussion's sake, can you please ask those engineers what would be the situation if the drone was complying with the rudder, aileron and elevator inputs but that the drone was apparently ignoring/overriding  the throttle input and climbing due to, perhaps, a malfunctioning barometer.
2023-5-22
Use props
Bashy
Captain
Flight distance : 2354357 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Sean-bumble-bee Posted at 5-22 08:59
Thinking about that it might have been that the drone was not ignoring all the commands issued by the controller. I do not remember if the pilots had horizontal control, rather, that some fault was causing the drone's control system to override the throttle input.

For discussion's sake, can you please ask those engineers what would be the situation if the drone was complying with the rudder, aileron and elevator inputs but that the drone was apparently ignoring/overriding  the throttle input and climbing due to, perhaps, a malfunctioning barometer.

I think your question may have been misunderstood as you were not referring to an RC disconnect, only that the drone was out of control in a way that it was Ascending with no input, under that scenario, i would say that CSC (Anytime) would or should work.
2023-5-22
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Bashy Posted at 5-22 18:37
I think your question may have been misunderstood as you were not referring to an RC disconnect, only that the drone was out of control in a way that it was Ascending with no input, under that scenario, i would say that CSC (Anytime) would or should work.

That's my hope too. It's also the reason for post #10, which I hope makes things clearer for DJI's engineers.
2023-5-22
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Sean-bumble-bee Posted at 5-22 08:59

We understand your input. Let us relay this inquiry for further confirmation. Thank you.
2023-5-23
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DJI Tony Posted at 5-23 04:03
We understand your input. Let us relay this inquiry for further confirmation. Thank you.

Thank you Tony.
2023-5-23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules