DJI ‎O3 Air Unit - Stays blurry / Out of focus
2136 3 2023-5-16
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Corebee
lvl.1

Germany

Hello together,

I recently ran in to an Issue with my DJI ‎O3 Air Unit. It's bound to a DJI FPV Goggles V2.
Since yesterday the camera doesn't focus anymore and stays only focused/clear on very close objects.

Several cleanings of the lense (it's 100% clean now) didn't change it. I also tried to figure out different options and settings for the camera which could probably fix it (AutoFocus, Manual Focus, FOV, etc...) but nothing changed.

I also did a Firmware-Refresh with latest version without any success.

To have a feeling what it acutally looks like, please see these pictures.

Picture 1: It should be clearly visible, that the trees and buildings in the distance stays blurry, no adjustments by the Air Unit.

no focus

no focus

Picture 2: On the bottom it should be visible how the close ground-tiles are clearly focused.

close focus

close focus

If there is any further Information needed to fix this issues, please let me know. Any ideas and suggestions are appreciated.
The Air Unit is about 6 months old, and had no issues so far.

Regards

2023-5-16
Use props
Corebee
lvl.1

Germany

I sent it in as a repair-request to DJI and it will get replaced.
2023-5-24
Use props
djiuser_1vU2LUzNpolv
lvl.2
Flight distance : 3172920 ft
  • >>>
United States

Did you contact support first and they told you to send it in for repair? Just wondering, because this same issue just happened to me. I'm trying to figure out what to do about it.
2023-5-25
Use props
Corebee
lvl.1

Germany

djiuser_1vU2LUzNpolv Posted at 5-25 07:33
Did you contact support first and they told you to send it in for repair? Just wondering, because this same issue just happened to me. I'm trying to figure out what to do about it.

Yes. That's the way. With the chat-support i did the recommended steps like, firmware reset and so on. After all this, it didn't fix the problem, so the support asked me to open a new repair request and send it in for further investigation.

You can open a repair request here: https://repair.dji.com/

In the end DJI will check the product. If it's a warranty issue, the replacement can be free of charge. Which it was in my case.

Very convincing and nice job by DJI.

2023-5-25
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules